The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Devastating for Best. He started brilliantly
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

seafoid

Aaron Boone

New Zealand to win pulling up.

seafoid

George Hook @ghook 

The best ever 30 mins of Irish rugby

seafoid

It's like watching the cats . Second half will be some pressure cauldron.

gallsman

Unbelievable stuff.

Have a nagging worry about that final attack. Should have yielded minimum three points but escaping to touch from just outside own 22 greeted as a triumph. Need to take every single chance.

seafoid

NZ touch down but no try. Hand underneath. Video evidence for the ref. Various angles viewed.  Any  chance the GAA would ever be so meticulous ?

Tony Baloney

CD

As my Irish 'bloody typical gland' is now producing vast quantities of pessimism I'll turn off.

Wildweasel74

Dan carter must make some difference to this All Blacks team, the all black no 10 today has made alot of mistakes, caught out holding on 2 times for penlites and taking wrong options, McCaw doesnt seem to have the same legs either. I know they talked this up as a very good New Zealand team but they aint on the same level as the new Zealand team of 1997

Tony Baloney

Quote from: CD on November 24, 2013, 03:28:01 PM
As my Irish 'bloody typical gland' is now producing vast quantities of pessimism I'll turn off.
Devin Toner is a useless cnut. Should be 8 ahead.

seafoid

Go wan ya good thing
1 min 35 left

CD

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 24, 2013, 03:35:49 PM
Dan carter must make some difference to this All Blacks team, the all black no 10 today has made alot of mistakes, caught out holding on 2 times for penlites and taking wrong options, McCaw doesnt seem to have the same legs either. I know they talked this up as a very good New Zealand team but they aint on the same level as the new Zealand team of 1997

Steady Weasel - this is just your Irish 'Mock Humility' gland kicking in. As any Irish team closes in on a success we immediately take the goodness out of it by highlighting the players missing from the opposition and the fact that they are 'no team at all.' Don't worry, this is normal. You will shortly experience thoughts like, 'The ref gave us everything' and 'if there were two more minutes we'd have lost it' shortly followed by 'Ah shure, we were just lucky.' These are all typical feelings experienced by all Irish people as we attempt to diminish any achievement.

CD