The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Alot of positive talking about the draw on RTE.

f**ks sake we drew to the worst team in the championship at home. Shite scrum, no invention in the backs. France are shocking.

Bah humbug.

PS: Reddan broke his leg, feel very sorry for him, will cause him alot of pain and potentially end his international career whilst severely curtailing his club involvement. Real pity. Hope it's not too bad Eoin.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

CorkMan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2013, 06:56:26 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 09, 2013, 06:51:07 PM
Some baffling decisions in that game
By ref, players or management? Poor second half.

Ref. Thought the decision at the scrum that led to the French try was pretty bad. Kidney's decision to take off Murray was appalling. It wasn't a day for someone like Reddan and Murray was running the show.

johnneycool

Quote from: CorkMan on March 09, 2013, 07:17:47 PM

Ref. Thought the decision at the scrum that led to the French try was pretty bad. Kidney's decision to take off Murray was appalling. It wasn't a day for someone like Reddan and Murray was running the show.

Murray got MOTM on BBC and that was only after playing 60 odd minutes, not sure if its a pre determined move irrespective how the games going, but folly in my mind.

michaelg

Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2013, 07:43:07 PM

Murray got MOTM on BBC and that was only after playing 60 odd minutes, not sure if its a pre determined move irrespective how the games going, but folly in my mind.
Although he had a decent game when he was on today (Half-decent box kicks and all that), but he is so frustrating in his delay in getting the ball out - He seems to slow up play all the time.

CorkMan

Quote from: michaelg on March 09, 2013, 08:00:47 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2013, 07:43:07 PM

Although he had a decent game when he was on today (Half-decent box kicks and all that), but he is so frustrating in his delay in getting the ball out - He seems to slow up play all the time.

He was better than decent. It was him that took the pressure off Jackson by taking over the playmaking duty.

Going back to the original point on bad decisions, Kearneys decision to go for a drop goal was absoloute bollix. They had the momentum at that stage and another try would have killed France off altogether.

Main Street

The decision to go for the drop goal was made before the ball came back out into play.
Was it not Jackson who was going to do the drop goal goal attempt?  He wasn't in a good enough position, then he enacted plan B and sent it back to Kearney.

Obviously it was a crap decision because it didn't work ;D  - 3 points then, would have wrapped up the game.

trileacman

Quote from: Main Street on March 10, 2013, 09:28:40 AM
The decision to go for the drop goal was made before the ball came back out into play.
Was it not Jackson who was going to do the drop goal goal attempt?  He wasn't in a good enough position, then he enacted plan B and sent it back to Kearney.

Obviously it was a crap decision because it didn't work ;D  - 3 points then, would have wrapped up the game.

Yeah Jackson took it on, shit himself and chucked it out to Kearney. When it's obvious that the dg isn't on, you just can't chuck it out to the full-back on the half-way and tell him to put it over. Waste of good possesion=Jackson's fault.

stephenite

Reply just started on ESPN, should I bother me hole watching it?

trileacman

Quote from: stephenite on March 10, 2013, 10:08:18 AM
Reply just started on ESPN, should I bother me hole watching it?
Nah, shite match.

Denn Forever

It'll be tough next week against Italy.  We can hope that the game took it out of them today.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

CorkMan

Quote from: trileacman on March 10, 2013, 10:04:38 AM
Quote from: Main Street on March 10, 2013, 09:28:40 AM

Yeah Jackson took it on, shit himself and chucked it out to Kearney. When it's obvious that the dg isn't on, you just can't chuck it out to the full-back on the half-way and tell him to put it over. Waste of good possesion=Jackson's fault.

He shouldn't have even taken it on. The try was on at that stage and that would have buried the French, there would have been no coming back from that.

muppet

Still scratching my head at the decision to take of Murray.

Kidney hasn't lost the dressing room, as the players are far too professional for that, but I do think he has lost his mind.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Ireland fierce unlucky with the injuries as well this 6 nations.
If Sexton hadn't been injured they could have been contenders.
England could win a fairly jammy title.     

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on March 11, 2013, 08:08:26 AM

Bowe, Zebo, O'Connell, Ferris, D'Arcy, Sexton, either missing the whole 6N's, most of it in Zebo's case and a few games in a few other cases, Kidney didn't have his sorrows to seek this time around, but at least he got to see some young blood for the next coach coming in!!

Reddan's leg broken, looked rough on the replay, hope he recovers fully!

LeoMc

Quote from: johnneycool on March 11, 2013, 09:05:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 11, 2013, 08:08:26 AM

Bowe, Zebo, O'Connell, Ferris, D'Arcy, Sexton, either missing the whole 6N's, most of it in Zebo's case and a few games in a few other cases, Kidney didn't have his sorrows to seek this time around, but at least he got to see some young blood for the next coach coming in!!

Reddan's leg broken, looked rough on the replay, hope he recovers fully!

Who are our back-up scrum half options for the Italy game. I have seen Paul Marshall suggested but he is not getting enough game time with Ulster.