The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiKe

Better team won. Basic mistakes cost us far too often. I fear first half last week was fluke, rather than sign of things to come.

Tough luck to lose Sexton and Zebo, particularly so early on but we never looked like were going to win it. Feel bad for O'Driscoll, should be the happiest day of his life, hope this doesn't cast too much of a shadow on it for him.

Declan

That last line out summed up our performance. Basic errors cost us dearly

Tony Baloney

yellowcard

McGurk doing his best to wind up Hook in the studio and getting the reaction he wants. I think it would be fair to say that they can't stand each other.

Very poor match today, 80 minutes of aimless kicking and bish bosh bang.

AQMP

Awful stuff.  Like the second half last week dreadful out of hand kicking by Ireland.  Even in those conditions the number of knock-ons was incredible.  England made fewer mistakes and were the better team.

cadence

our front 5 stood up, but not a lot ireland can take out of that one. need to learn how to handle pressure. murray and heaslip were worst offenders, with heaslip stealing the dishonour i thought.

thewobbler

Quote from: cadence on February 10, 2013, 05:25:16 PM
our front 5 stood up, but not a lot ireland can take out of that one. need to learn how to handle pressure. murray and heaslip were worst offenders, with heaslip stealing the dishonour i thought.
Heaslip was always an odd choice for captain. He's not consistent enough to warrant being an automatic pick.

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on February 10, 2013, 05:32:14 PM
Quote from: cadence on February 10, 2013, 05:25:16 PM
Heaslip was always an odd choice for captain. He's not consistent enough to warrant being an automatic pick.

Making him captain may cost him his Lions place.

Agree on the front 5. In fairness the flankers were good too.
MWWSI 2017

Walter Cronc

Awful game to watch today. Basic errors by both sides and England made fewer of them. They are no great shakes and their policy of playing a low error count style of rugby will only take them so far. Fancy Wales to beat them in Cardiff anyway!

It's an important few weeks for Kidney. Does he be conservative and play O'Gara or will he be bold and give Madigan/Jackson a run? Would love to see the likes of Luke Marshall given a run to give him valuable experience. I just hope Deccie doesn't leave us in a position like he did with Munster!! If he was to be replaced who would you want to see? Personally I would love to see Schmidt.

Dinny Breen

Least enjoyable game of rugby that I have been at since 1999 when Ireland lost to France 9-10 and just as wet.

Johnny Sexton's injury has probably just cost Kidney his job.

#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 10, 2013, 06:53:12 PM
Least enjoyable game of rugby that I have been at since 1999 when Ireland lost to France 9-10 and just as wet.

Johnny Sexton's injury has probably just cost Kidney his job.

Definitely will if he starts ROG. Drico can be forgiven for any numbers of reasons, Heaslip was very poor but there is no legislation for all of the errors, passing to Mike Ross in our 22 and the early injuries.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

England's defence was immense. They closed down the space and refused to let Ireland play. England played the weather conditions better than we did, how Kidney didn't realise that the weather was going to play a part was beyond me. England won this game the in 8 minutes, the last eight minutes of the sin bin. At the time I thought the kick at goal was a good call but really cost Ireland the game.

Not lost but need to win rest of games and hope more players don't join the injury list, I'd say Healy will be cited so out for next couple of games me thinks, he was out of order, not once but a couple of times during that game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2013, 07:10:16 PM
I'd say Healy will be cited so out for next couple of games me thinks, he was out of order, not once but a couple of times during that game

Idiot, could be 4-6 weeks.
#newbridgeornowhere

Capt Pat

That last penalty attempt was the wrong option. It meant we were playing for a draw??? There wasn't enough time to win the game kicking penalties. It should have been kicked to the corner.

Main Street

Rugby is a game where some players do brainless things.
Healy should get the full penalty for that stamp.
No provocation, nothing, just a pure act of dangerous thuggery.