The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: CiKe on November 10, 2012, 07:22:20 PM
What a crap game. McCarthy played very well.

Zero creativity in the midfield, ball way too slow.Still don't see what Conor Murray offers whatsoever. I used complain about O'Leary and his boxkicks but he's not much better and doesn't just seem to be slow but almost deliberately slow. Useless.

Bent held up the scrum well when he came on.

Opportunity missed.

100% agree with that - his kicking is absolutely atrocious and his general play isn't much better. He tries to be like a physical Mike Phillips type scrum half but is nowhere near good enough to play like that (when Phillips is at this best). Bowe and Zebo were the bright sparks in the backs but as CiKe says the creativity or lack of in midfield kills the team. After the way Argentina played today we are going to be up against it in 2 weeks time.

here comes 6

Ive said it before on this  thread and i'll say it again....... Time to go KIDNEY

johnneycool

Murray may be limited but i thought reddan was worse.

Still struggling against the big powerful teams in the pack.
Thought earls done well but darcy has his best days behind him.

CiKe

Quote from: johnneycool on November 10, 2012, 09:28:12 PM

Was it Reddan who tried the little chip over the top at the end when we had to hold on to possession to have any chance? Height of stupidity. Even if it wasn't, you're right he wasn't great.

INDIANA

Quote from: CiKe on November 10, 2012, 09:54:53 PM

Was it Reddan who tried the little chip over the top at the end when we had to hold on to possession to have any chance? Height of stupidity. Even if it wasn't, you're right he wasn't great.

That was ROG.

Just need to face facts. We should stick to GAA.

We're better at it. Bar the odd 6 nations truimph we cant make a dent against SH teams.

Hardy

Quote from: trileacman on November 10, 2012, 06:11:09 PM
McCarthy the most surprising performer so far. Brilliant. Zebo has been excellent as has O Mahoney, Sexton and Bowe.

South Africa = shite. A crowd of sneaky f**kers, typical to see them in the Mead colours.

That is so intelligent on so many levels.

Hardy

Quote from: INDIANA on November 10, 2012, 10:12:08 PM

That was ROG.

We're better at it. Bar the odd 6 nations truimph we cant make a dent against SH teams.

Thought it was Reddan. Whatever, it was the stupidest thing I've seen on a football field this year.

Well, apart from Marty Morrissey.

Hardy

Richardt Strauss belting out Ammrán na bhFiann. Fair play. Níos Gaelach ná na Gaeil iad féin.

CiKe

That was ROG.

/

Rog? Seriously? Christ you'd think he'd have known better at least.

Don't think we'll beat Argentina based on the respective performances although Wales were unusually dreadul.

INDIANA

Quote from: CiKe on November 10, 2012, 11:41:13 PM

That was ROG.

/

Rog? Seriously? Christ you'd think he'd have known better at least.

Don't think we'll beat Argentina based on the respective performances although Wales were unusually dreadul.

argies are up to 7th now. they may not push themselves too hard. have to remember the argies will play the best 3 teams in the world every year regularly from now on. you could see the improvement now even though wales were crap

ballinaman

screenexile

As someone said previously Mike McCarthy was given his place on form and rewarded it with a good performance.

D'Arcy, Earls, Trimble and Murray should all be dropped after that pish they served up on Saturday. McFadden to FB, Zebo to the wing and get Marshall, Cave and Gilroy in the squad. Ulster are the team playing the best Rugby atm so these lads should get a shot!!

Kidneys doing my nut at this stage!!

NAG1

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2012, 12:41:02 AM
As someone said previously Mike McCarthy was given his place on form and rewarded it with a good performance.

D'Arcy, Earls, Trimble and Murray should all be dropped after that pish they served up on Saturday. McFadden to FB, Zebo to the wing and get Marshall, Cave and Gilroy in the squad. Ulster are the team playing the best Rugby atm so these lads should get a shot!!

Horrendus

johnneycool

I may be corrected but I thought Earls was possibly the only one to make a break the whole game.

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2012, 12:41:02 AM

1- Gilroy doesnt start for Ulster. Trimble is selected ahead of him so by that token Mark Anscombe is wrong too.

2- Mc Fadden has never played full back bar a few sporadic occasions for Leinster. Madness.