The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Will we ever beat them? Cracking effort.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

gallsman

Heartbreaking, absolutely gutted. Phenomenal improvement from last week.

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

everymanaman

Game turned on the harsh decision to award New Zealand a penalty for wheeling the scrum. Welsh t***er

gallsman

Quote from: everymanaman on June 16, 2012, 10:53:33 AM
Game turned on the harsh decision to award New Zealand a penalty for wheeling the scrum. Welsh t***er

Thought it was a fair enough decision to tell the truth. Key moment for me was deciding to go for the points after the Dagg binning. Carter's effort from the end of the first half came up similarly short. Hindsight is great though.

Capt Pat

Referees to the rescue for the all blacks today. 2 questionable decisions on the bounce. One for the scrum and to top things off giving them a penalty from the same scrum. O gara should have taken the ling range peno as well.

GalwayBayBoy

The wheel scrum decision was awful. Why would Ireland wheel a scrum that they were dominant in for the previous 30 minutes? I'm certainly no expert in front row play but plenty of international props have popped up on twitter since saying it was a ridiculous decision.

Olaf

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 16, 2012, 11:13:44 AM
Referees to the rescue for the all blacks today. 2 questionable decisions on the bounce. One for the scrum and to top things off giving them a penalty from the same scrum. O gara should have taken the ling range peno as well.

Couldn't fathom Owen's decision for the scrum penalty?? Was he trying to say that the back row wheeled it round? Strange one.

O'Gara wouldn't have had the range for the penalty and Sexton has a bigger boot (was also kicking well all day)

everymanaman

Couple of serious errors by the referee in the last ten minutes- wonder if he knows this fellow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_qQkvZYVr8&feature=fvsr

Hound

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 16, 2012, 11:13:44 AM
O gara should have taken the ling range peno as well.

If Sexton and Carter couldnt reach from that distance, O'Gara would have had no hope. He wouldnt have even attempted it (which can be a good thing)

Quote from: gallsman on June 16, 2012, 11:01:59 AM
Thought it was a fair enough decision to tell the truth. Key moment for me was deciding to go for the points after the Dagg binning. Carter's effort from the end of the first half came up similarly short. Hindsight is great though.

But after the missed penalty, we retrieved the 21 drop out, so were in a very similar position to what we would have been in with a kick to touch and a lineout. Unfortunately knocked it on though and then came "the scrum"!

Toland in the Times today has a detailed analysis of why the ref was wrong to give the pen to NZ. But Owens was on twitter, telling people to ignore Paul Wallace (who was on Sky Sports and said it was a poor decision) because he's doesnt know the rules. Owens said the legs of the Ireland back 5 were going around rather than straight through, so he had no doubt Ireland were trying to wheel the scrum deliberately and illegally. 

Although I doubt Owens is one who'd ever admit to making a mistake. I think with plenty of scrums you could make an argmument for giving a penalty either way because of all the little things that are going on by so many people.

Capt Pat

Munster have signed CJ Stander a South African backrow forward from the Blue Bulls. He is 22 and a good player by all accounts. Similar in build to Leamy who had to retire.

ludermor

any streams for this match?

screenexile

Quote from: ludermor on June 23, 2012, 08:27:19 AM
any streams for this match?

You probably don't want to watch any more . . . I expected some kind of backlash but this looks like it could be a cricket score!!

Shamrock Shore

Oh dear  :-\

21-0 after 20 minutes. Turning off the wireless now

Capt Pat

http://atdhe.tw/watch.php?id=327454

26-0.

We really have to improve on kickoffs. The All Blacks are clsiming all the restarts.