The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: CorkMan on June 09, 2012, 12:25:12 PM
Didn't see it. Was Zebo any good?

Thought he was reasonably good, defensively he was sound which alot of people use as a point against him. BOD, bar a try saving tackle, was poor IMO.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on June 09, 2012, 05:40:38 PM

Thought he was reasonably good, defensively he was sound which alot of people use as a point against him. BOD, bar a try saving tackle, was poor IMO.

I thought he was caught out badly for the last Try. NZ were simply awesome they just ran straight through Ireland and all we could do was run up try a sidestep and then fall over. Main plus point for me was Fitzpatrick who held up well in the Scrum.

CiKe

Quote from: screenexile on June 09, 2012, 07:34:52 PM

I thought he was caught out badly for the last Try. NZ were simply awesome they just ran straight through Ireland and all we could do was run up try a sidestep and then fall over. Main plus point for me was Fitzpatrick who held up well in the Scrum.

Agreed, we had decent possession but did feck all with it, just no cutting edge at all. I wouldn't know much but thought we combatted well at the breakdown. Started well in first 15mins and threw the ball about, before inexplicably started to kick ball back to them. Talk about stupid. Sexton should be shot for his restarts. I'm not sure if this is tactics or just poor bloody execution because he has been doing them same thing since he started for Ireland and I have complained since then. If they are tactics as designated by mgmt, then they should be ignored as is just plain stupid giving the ball back to a team like NZ with no possibility of competing at all.

Hoof Hearted

Just watched the best 3 teams in the UK take on the southern Hem teams, and we weren't even close !

Wales were within a point at one stage, but never really looked like winning.

The All blacks were playing their 1st game since winning the WC in Oct, have a new manager and some new players. Ireland were playing their 6th game since then, same manager, and got whipped by 32 points. Sweet Jesus !

england were just england - boring as f**k. injury time try took the gloss off.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Capt Pat

We were missing 4 important players maybe our 4 best players. That hurt us a lot. We don't have the strength in depth to be competitive without key players like O'Connell and Ross.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: CiKe on June 09, 2012, 08:11:33 PM

Agreed, we had decent possession but did feck all with it, just no cutting edge at all. I wouldn't know much but thought we combatted well at the breakdown. Started well in first 15mins and threw the ball about, before inexplicably started to kick ball back to them. Talk about stupid. Sexton should be shot for his restarts. I'm not sure if this is tactics or just poor bloody execution because he has been doing them same thing since he started for Ireland and I have complained since then. If they are tactics as designated by mgmt, then they should be ignored as is just plain stupid giving the ball back to a team like NZ with no possibility of competing at all.
Murray's box kicks were just as bad.

Main Street

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 10, 2012, 02:31:11 AM
We were missing 4 important players maybe our 4 best players. That hurt us a lot. We don't have the strength in depth to be competitive without key players like O'Connell and Ross.
I suspect that Carter and the All Black's 4th team choice, would give that Irish team the runaround.

Those mexican waves really rubbed the salt in  ;D

CiKe

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 10, 2012, 08:57:17 AM
Quote from: CiKe on June 09, 2012, 08:11:33 PM

Murray's box kicks were just as bad.

Good point, not sure how I forgot them, were driving me spare during the game.

INDIANA

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 10, 2012, 02:31:11 AM

even with them its a 25 point defeat. This is a level we arent capable of competing at.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 10, 2012, 12:04:01 AM
Just watched the best 3 teams in the UK take on the southern Hem teams, and we weren't even close !

The All blacks were playing their 1st game since winning the WC in Oct, have a new manager and some new players. Ireland were playing their 6th game since then, same manager, and got whipped by 32 points. Sweet Jesus !

Have you started playing for the other team????

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 10, 2012, 11:31:41 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 10, 2012, 12:04:01 AM

Have you started playing for the other team????

:D :) :)

i was on to my 3rd bottle or wine at that stage, wasnt thinking straight !

johnneycool

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 08, 2012, 08:32:27 PM
That was downhill all the way in the second half. 20-15 to England in the end. We missed our openside and made a few too many errors and misseed kicks.

Wales beat the All Blacks as well the other day.

There's something about the way England play that bores the bejaysus out of me, they truly are only interested in crash bang wallop rugby and pick bull elephants accordingly.

The Irish U-20's tried to play a bit in the driving rain and bog of a pitch but naivety undid them with the lad getting sin binned trying to stop what was an inevitable push over try. The penalty try was given and Ireland a man down, proceeded to concede another try quickly after and then never got up the pitch to get the scores to get back in the lead.

A bit like the hurling, the U-20/21 stuff is better to watch IMO.

J OGorman

we needy drop the rabbits in the headlights routine when playing New Zealand and The South Sea Islander's Select. BOD was saying how huge of a task it was in an interview leading up to the 1st Test. Balls to that. Get out there and play them at their own game, not some tactical game to somehow stop NZ & TSSIS. it was 5 tries to one. Surely if we took the game to them, attempted to play on the front foot, had men confident to collect the ball running from deep, and not standing static (incase the ball is turned over) and play with a bit of confidence we'd prob not fair any worse. And missed tackles, O'Brien wouldnt miss tackles like that in the 6 nations, no hooer would be pushing by him.. all in all, a bad weekend of sporting results

Hoof Hearted

Crap 1st 5 minutes - great next 5 !!

7-0 up - Conor Murray try

Donnellys Hollow

Only 65 more minutes to hold out!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?