Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 12:05:49 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2017, 11:45:48 AM
Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 11:37:25 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2017, 10:28:53 AM
Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 07:58:22 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 13, 2017, 05:11:31 AM
Looked in depth into the transgender thing about a year ago and must say I was surprised what I found.
I initially thought it was purely a psychological thing but there appears to be a strong genetic evidence for it in id twins, (tho my own anecdotal experience of id twins has been the opposite, where twin appeared to be forging a different identity but then I dont know how they have progressed since.) There also even appear to be strong biological indicators. Certainly the medical evidence for it is quite strong especially in comparison to other identities we now take as a given.

Gender confusion often seems to manifest itself fairly early as well, so and the earlier its "practiced" the less psychological damage apparently.

A particularly tragic case of two twin boys in canada I think where one had an accident during routine male genital mutilation (known as circumcision in countries were its practiced) had to be castrated and the doctors suggested it would be best to raise him a girl. This included hormone injection everything being treated like a girl his whole life. He always thought he waa boy and ended up committing suicide as a young man. This is a single case obviously but it is indicative evidence that gender swapping is difficult to induce environmentally or physiologically

I still cant help but smirk sometimes when I see trannie out and about but I catch myself from going down the roll my eyes, passing it off as attention seeking and try to remember there is a person in there with a real struggle going on, must be fairly shit when you think about it.

This case is fairly young tho but I could not have an opinion only that you would presume the parents know their child best. I think the transgender with the transgender child mentioned was a spokesperson not the parent of the child in question. Taking the child out of school seems a bit extreme but was there also something that the child was going to be subject to discipline for calling the transgender child a boy? That also seems a bit extreme but then suing the school seems a bit mad also.
Seems like people cant take a step back, if the two sets of parents were set down and explained to each other their situations they would be able to understand each others position a lot better.

You're hole, in this age of social media, the interweb and no real rules to play by, everyone thinks they are correct and everyone should compromise for them, every tail now thinks they have the right to wag the dog, the 6 year old's parents should be told the child conforms to a male attire or expel them from the school end off, it was a council not wishing to offend a minority group that allowed the rape of kids for years.
You're obviously somebody who thought very deeply about this!

Tell me, what do you think of girls wearing trousers to school?

Very practical attire - your point?
But surely, as trousers are traditionally "male attire", girls wearing them would be "crossdressing", yes?

You are clutching at straws now kid, is that the best argument you have.
It's a very basic point that you obviously can't deal with.

If a boy wearing a dress is considered to be "crossdressing", isn't a girl wearing trousers "crossdressing" too?

So, why is one acceptable to you, and the other not?

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2017, 12:12:50 PM
Looked in depth into the transgender thing about a year ago and must say I was surprised what I found.
I initially thought it was purely a psychological thing but there appears to be a strong genetic evidence for it in id twins, (tho my own anecdotal experience of id twins has been the opposite, where twin appeared to be forging a different identity but then I dont know how they have progressed since.) There also even appear to be strong biological indicators. Certainly the medical evidence for it is quite strong especially in comparison to other identities we now take as a given.

Gender confusion often seems to manifest itself fairly early as well, so and the earlier its "practiced" the less psychological damage apparently.

A particularly tragic case of two twin boys in canada I think where one had an accident during routine male genital mutilation (known as circumcision in countries were its practiced) had to be castrated and the doctors suggested it would be best to raise him a girl. This included hormone injection everything being treated like a girl his whole life. He always thought he waa boy and ended up committing suicide as a young man. This is a single case obviously but it is indicative evidence that gender swapping is difficult to induce environmentally or physiologically

I still cant help but smirk sometimes when I see trannie out and about but I catch myself from going down the roll my eyes, passing it off as attention seeking and try to remember there is a person in there with a real struggle going on, must be fairly shit when you think about it.

This case is fairly young tho but I could not have an opinion only that you would presume the parents know their child best. I think the transgender with the transgender child mentioned was a spokesperson not the parent of the child in question. Taking the child out of school seems a bit extreme but was there also something that the child was going to be subject to discipline for calling the transgender child a boy? That also seems a bit extreme but then suing the school seems a bit mad also.
Seems like people cant take a step back, if the two sets of parents were set down and explained to each other their situations they would be able to understand each others position a lot better.

You're hole, in this age of social media, the interweb and no real rules to play by, everyone thinks they are correct and everyone should compromise for them, every tail now thinks they have the right to wag the dog, the 6 year old's parents should be told the child conforms to a male attire or expel them from the school end off, it was a council not wishing to offend a minority group that allowed the rape of kids for years.

But surely, as trousers are traditionally "male attire", girls wearing them would be "crossdressing", yes?

If a boy wearing a dress is considered to be "crossdressing", isn't a girl wearing trousers "crossdressing" too?

Trousers are not gender specific, women have been wearing them for about 100 years, most school uniforms in nursery are trousers only, and a lot of primary schools also, they are very practical attire for schools.  My question again - your point is?

stew

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

A girl wearing trousers has been done for a century you clampett!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Why didn't you mention the fact girls/women wearing trousers was considered crossdressing before Sidley??? I get it, its like the confederate statues that so offended you after the first one was torn down by liberal knackers isn't it?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: Hectic on September 13, 2017, 10:35:12 AM
Quote from: Hectic on September 13, 2017, 10:31:47 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2017, 06:47:29 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 12, 2017, 08:47:04 AM
Let him wear the dress if he wants but don't be getting all upset if he comes home saying he is getting called names.
Yes, a 6 year old child is a legitimate target for bullying if he/she wishes to wear different clothes to most of his/her peers.

It is a young child in a dress. Relax yourselves.

Yeah if you had read on down you would have seen my next comment was to explain that I did not realise it was a 6yr old.

But by the same token it is inevitable that a kid will get attention for the like or should extra effort be made to teach all primary school kids that a boy wanting to wear skirts and be a girl is normal and expect that this gets through?

For the sake of argument, why NOT teach primary school kids that it's ok? Who is the cross dressing kid hurting?

punt kick

Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2017, 12:58:20 PM
Let him wear the dress if he wants but don't be getting all upset if he comes home saying he is getting called names.
Yes, a 6 year old child is a legitimate target for bullying if he/she wishes to wear different clothes to most of his/her peers.

Yeah if you had read on down you would have seen my next comment was to explain that I did not realise it was a 6yr old.

But by the same token it is inevitable that a kid will get attention for the like or should extra effort be made to teach all primary school kids that a boy wanting to wear skirts and be a girl is normal and expect that this gets through?

For the sake of argument, why NOT teach primary school kids that it's ok? Who is the cross dressing kid hurting?

For the sake of argument why NOT let the kid wear a dress at home to appease his chic liberal parents and conform to normal attire during school. Oh wait that would mean they couldn't get the attention they crave.

Hectic

Quote from: gallsman on September 13, 2017, 11:27:55 AM
I don't think there's any need to expressly tech kids at six about transgender issues. What there is a need for is to teach kids of all ages not to giving bully anyone because of how they look/dress/sounds/act etc.

Actually never mind kids, people of all ages need to be taught that, including some complete f**king muppets who fancy themselves as hilarious comedians on this board.

There is already an anti-bully charter for schools but while it might reduce bullying it will never eradicate it - kids, particularly primary school kids can be cruel.

J70

Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 01:12:24 PM

For the sake of argument why NOT let the kid wear a dress at home to appease his chic liberal parents and conform to normal attire during school. Oh wait that would mean they couldn't get the attention they crave.

You may (or may not) be right about the parents using their kid for a crusade. Separate argument/discussion.

Now, how about answering my question?

Hectic

Maybe a simple solution given the debate here about trousers being for girls as well is to stick the 6 yr old in trousers and tell him they are girls trousers, or even better go and buy him girls trousers.

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on September 13, 2017, 12:16:13 PM

Trousers are not gender specific, women have been wearing them for about 100 years, most school uniforms in nursery are trousers only, and a lot of primary schools also, they are very practical attire for schools.  My question again - your point is?
Dresses or skirts are not gender specific. They're pieces of cloth. Pieces of cloth cannot, by definition, be gender specific. Only culture influences that. Culture is a social construct and it never stands still, it's constantly changing, has always done so and will always do so.

Roman men wore skirts and considered trousers effeminate. High heels were originally designed for men, and many men continue to wear heels, which are commonly associated with some of the most self-consciously "macho" styles in popular culture.

And as has already been said, Roman Catholic priests wear dresses.

So basically, your notions about who should wear what are a load of nonsense and your obsession with what clothes children wear is a bit weird.

sid waddell

It seems to me that the only people craving attention are the "Christian" parents who pulled their boy out of school because one of his classmates wore a particular item of clothing.

I see they were on BBC 1 the other morning.

Now that's craving attention.

easytiger95

The Spartans at Thermoplyae thought they'd have the edge on the million strong Persians because they rocked up in "effeminate" trousers.

The Persians, meanwhile, were amazed the warriors as legendarily ferocious as the Spartans spent the hours before battle oiling and combing their very long hair.

No lawsuits were lodged.

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 13, 2017, 12:45:42 PM

Why didn't you mention the fact girls/women wearing trousers was considered crossdressing before Sidley??? I get it, its like the confederate statues that so offended you after the first one was torn down by liberal knackers isn't it?
Ah, you're now going in for outright racism, I see (assuming you're not a member of the Travelling Community, who can use that word - another little  double standard as regards the ability to use a certain word that is rightly allowed when a people gets systematically discriminated against).

Of course no doubt you won't consider that word to be racist...

punt kick

Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2017, 01:28:08 PM

You may (or may not) be right about the parents using their kid for a crusade. Separate argument/discussion.

Now, how about answering my question?

It can only be answered with my question, if you can't see that, that's your issue.

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2017, 02:04:57 PM

It seems to me that the only people craving attention are the "Christian" parents who pulled their boy out of school because one of his classmates wore a particular item of clothing.

I see they were on BBC 1 the other morning.

Now that's craving attention.

Sending your 6 year old child into school in a dress isn't craving attention!  I salute these parents for calling out the school, minorities go out of their way to cause offence and be offended and fuckwits like you play into their hands.  No 6 year old wakes up and says mummy or daddy or maddy or whomever the f**k is raising them, please can i wear a dress to school today - please!