Paris....advice

Started by The Gs Man, January 18, 2010, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Cheers lads! Some good advice there.
Keep 'er lit

stiffler

Any recommend best way to get from Beauvais airport into Paris city centre ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: stiffler on November 16, 2018, 07:32:02 PM

Just looked up my Rough Guide there for ya. Says take coach Beauvais - Porte Maillot & metro after that.

Milltown Row2

You flying with Ryanair? They did run a bus from the airport and it dropped you off at the Irish bar in central Paris ..

Though that was a right few years ago (20!!!)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

But do not go into said Irish Bar unless you enjoy being fleeced.

Gold

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 16, 2018, 07:54:30 PM

Just looked up my Rough Guide there for ya. Says take coach Beauvais - Porte Maillot & metro after that.

Thats it. Flew home from there a few months back. Metro fo Port Maillot then bus to airport...40mins or so. Not much in that airport.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

spuds

Quote from: Gold on November 17, 2018, 12:51:36 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 16, 2018, 07:54:30 PM

Thats it. Flew home from there a few months back. Metro fo Port Maillot then bus to airport...40mins or so. Not much in that airport.
Remember us getting off at Port Maillot and having an oysters and amazing white wine meal at a corner restaurant nearby thinking this was the life. Had a right day about Paris for our first day before heading back to our depressing Etap hotel with it's camper van bathroom on the far side of the Boulevard Peripherique, having to pass by junkies and alcos on an undesignated unlit underpass with no footpath. The alcohol helps sometimes.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Captain Obvious

Sad to see the Notre Dame Cathedral engulfed in flames this evening.

JimStynes

Terrible! Some history lost.

Eamonnca1

Awful. The spire is gone and it's spreading to the towers. This is not looking good.  :'(

Capt Pat

I never got to see it. I was always thinking of taking a trip to Paris but have never been.

RedHand88

Unbelievable to think it survives 850 years of European history and everything that it entailed, but gets destroyed within a few hours on a Monday evening in April 2019, probably due to the renovations.

manfromdelmonte

The spire is only 150 years old

But yeah, terrible all the same

Shamrock Shore

It will rise again......but not til we're old and greyer  :-\

GJL

Was in it a few times. Magnificent building. Very sad to watch it burn. Hopefully it will be restored properly.