Farmers beware!

Started by Maguire01, February 11, 2009, 02:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 12, 2009, 08:14:47 AM
Mayo driving jokes aside. I don't know how you can ban someone for a year for driving too slow. It seems the farmer was unrepentant in court and the judge wanted to teach him a lesson. 12 month ban is a bit harsh when you consider that the man needs to drive his machinery to make a living. I expect it will be over turned on appeal as there is no basis to the sentance.

I would like to pull over areas but on roads so that slow traffic would pull in. Then they could make it an offence to have say, more than 5 cars behind you. They have a law like that in some US states.

The problem with people driving too slow is that it causes frustration to drivers behind, which can lead to people making rash judgements about when to try to overtake.

I have absolutely no sympathy for people like this.  It doesn't take much to be a bit courteous.  The whole "I pay my road tax as well" attitude just stinks.   >:(

Hank Everlast

I think the police must be on a bit of a push on bringing in more fines lately.... I seem to be talkn to a lot of people who have been done for this and that....

I got 3 points and 60quid fine last thursday nite, i came outta of the swimming pool at bout 6.45 and i knew the tea was on the table for haf 6 so as i was driving out of the car park i flicked the fone open to see if i had any hate texts from the missus yet... i literally opened the fone seen there was no messages and closed it again.  then the fuckn sirens went and i was pulled in.

I told him i wasnt on the phone but just checkn the time... cheeky f**ker smartly replied 'wel sir you mite have been safer checkn the clock on the dash'.... i tried to argue my case without pissin him off and he went on to explain to me that you can be done for eating and apple, a lollie or even smoking whilst behind the wheel. Nitemare

el_cuervo_fc

It's a good thing you're off the smokes then  ;)

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 12, 2009, 08:14:47 AM
I don't know how you can ban someone for a year for driving too slow.

Surely the ban only came about because he was brought to court for not paying the initial fine?

the Deel Rover

i know i'd rather be stuck behind a tractor for a few miles rather than having some fcuker driving right behind ya or overtaking on corners or double white lines where are the guards then (looking for soft tartgets perhaps ) ok he should have pulled in when he got a chance but he penalty is way too harsh .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Hank Everlast

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 12, 2009, 10:19:09 AM
i know i'd rather be stuck behind a tractor for a few miles rather than having some fcuker driving right behind ya or overtaking on corners or double white lines where are the guards then (looking for soft tartgets perhaps ) ok he should have pulled in when he got a chance but he penalty is way too harsh .

I dont think so, it will set an example, i would say people driving too slow cause more accidents than those drinving faster.

Maguire01

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 12, 2009, 10:19:09 AM
Again, the penalty was a standard fine. The ban was because he went to court for refusing to pay the fine and acted in an arrogant manner when in court. As such, he only has himself to blame.

full back

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 12, 2009, 01:09:05 PM
Again, the penalty was a standard fine. The ban was because he went to court for refusing to pay the fine and acted in an arrogant manner when in court. As such, he only has himself to blame.

Exactly

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: rosnarun on February 12, 2009, 01:00:56 AM
this is the sligo judge who insists on parking on double yellow lines out side the courthouse as its almost 200 yarde to the car park and 'allegedly ' got the courthouse closed when the plebs objected
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5763&Itemid=38

now that's arrogance

Have you ever seen our mary in action. I was in front of her once to get a legal document changed..............arrogance is a bit of an understatement!!!!!!

Farrandeelin

She must be a bit of a hoor alright. :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.