The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 30, 2020, 04:06:09 PM
I still maintain him getting sent off in the 93rd minute for a stupid foul against City in the 2013-14 season cost us the league that season.

He was playing extremely well at that point

Milltown Row2

Look it's simple, great guy good leader and some teams are better for having that type of player... Is he the best player? No. Does he make a team click or perform better, maybe. Is he the best player? Definitely not.

If his peers have voted him the best , ya just have to accept he his.  Wouldn't be mine but I accept his importance to Liverpool, but if he never played for Liverpool I wouldn't see Liverpool not winning the league because of it.

Agueru won league for City, Cantona for Utd and Henry/Bergkamp for Arsenal. I'll overly remember Henderson in that company
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

supersub

You're getting too tangled up in it MR2. He was excellent this season and deserved his award. Other players also deserved the award, but he got the votes.

Boycey

There's a lot of people too tangled in it....

Scott Parker won it one year ffs, David Ginola got it the year United won the treble... A trinket that's not worth debating too much.

imtommygunn

Ginola was awesome that year though. Scott Parker yeah you have a point.

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 30, 2020, 04:06:09 PM
I still maintain him getting sent off in the 93rd minute for a stupid foul against City in the 2013-14 season cost us the league that season.
+1.
Have always thought the same thing myself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trueblue1234

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 31, 2020, 12:08:33 PM
Ginola was awesome that year though. Scott Parker yeah you have a point.

Used to love Ginola.

scott Parker, Not so much.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Estimator

Quote from: Boycey on July 31, 2020, 12:04:52 PM
There's a lot of people too tangled in it....

Scott Parker won it one year ffs, David Ginola got it the year United won the treble... A trinket that's not worth debating too much.

Had to check that one. But, in fairness, he is definitely an outlier looking at the winners just over the last 20 years - Henry, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Hazard, Suarez, Rooney, Bale, Lampard, Salah.
Ulster League Champions 2009

J70

In fairness to Parker, there were no players that year who were obviously stand-out performers.

Estimator

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2020, 04:37:19 PM
In fairness to Parker, there were no players that year who were obviously stand-out performers.
Yeah, just had a look at the other awards that year.
Gareth Bale - PFA Player of the Year
Jack Wilshere - PFA Young player of the Year.
Raul Meireles - Fans Player of the Year

Vardy (2016) and Parker (2011) are the only two this decade not to have won any of the other individual trinkets being handed out at this time of the year.  Salah & Suarez the only two pick have a clean sweep of all the awards this decade.
Ulster League Champions 2009

laoislad

Anyone watch the Klopp documentary on C4 last night?

quit yo jibbajabba

The Melissa Reddy/Erdinger one?

Some good parts but just ok overall. Still a legend tho 😉

laoislad

brokencrossbar1

Was a bit fluff but interesting insights in parts. Easy way to pass an hour