Connacht Minor, U-20 and Junior championships 2020

Started by Farrandeelin, April 25, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on June 09, 2018, 05:54:35 PM
Much of a crowd there syferus

I missed the Luas listening to Willie so I don't know, but over on Stolen Sheep they said it was a poor crowd. The GAA seems to be getting its wish of destroying this grade.

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 09, 2018, 05:29:50 PM
O'Laoi's teammates won't want to see him for a while I'd say. Straight red card after 10 minutes when you are on top and leading by 3. Very likely cost his team the game. I remember something similiar happening with Michael Daly against Mayo a few years ago but that was much closer to half-time and 2 yellows rather than a straight red.

That said I'll wait until I see it though because have heard from a couple of people since that it should have been a yellow for a push in the chest rather than a red for a strike. Either way disappointing end for a Galway side whom with a full compliment of players would defnitely have had designs on maybe reaching the final again this year.

Along with Robert Finnerty, discipline and finishing let them down big time today.

ballinaman

Big blow for Galway. Didn't see that coming.
Roscommon surely red hot favourites, 2 games under belt and at home.

Rossfan

Great unexpected. win by our ladeens today.
Unfortunately had to work so coukdnt make Tuam at that silly time.
Now that the Rhus are in the Final will the CC discover that the recent improvements to the Hyde mean that the licensed capacity will go up 3 or 4,000. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on June 09, 2018, 07:54:43 PM

You can blow as much smoke up our arses are you like because our lads set fire to the script tonight. Fûcking heroes.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2018, 10:24:45 PM

You can blow as much smoke up our arses are you like because our lads set fire to the script tonight. Fûcking heroes.

nobody wants to go near your arse....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

cornetto

Today's u20 match reminded me of recent Galway v mayo encounters in that the better team on paper lost due to indiscipline.
the big difference is no qualifier route to redeem themselves.
well done to roscommon,should be a good final and more pressure on the limited tickets!😁

Rossfan

http://www.shannonside.ie/sport/roscommon-sport/roscommon-u-20s-make-dr-hyde-park-decider/

Cake obviously passed the managers Course -he  has the oul "lookit"

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to poor Conor Shanagher.

Syferus

Quote from: cornetto on June 09, 2018, 11:19:21 PM
Today's u20 match reminded me of recent Galway v mayo encounters in that the better team on paper lost due to indiscipline.
well done to roscommon,should be a good final and more pressure on the limited tickets!😁

The best team won and won well. The signs were there after the struggle many of these lads had in Salthill last year. Coaching beat hype. Cake's legend grows..

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2018, 02:33:26 AM

The best team won and won well. The signs were there after the struggle many of these lads had in Salthill last year. Coaching beat hype. Cake's legend grows..
You said you weren't at it

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 10, 2018, 07:53:36 AM

???

larryin89

Mayo are very average would expect ros to win after beating a fancied Galway
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 10, 2018, 07:53:36 AM

Syfīn isn't one for letting facts get in the way of his view of the world  :D ;D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on June 10, 2018, 10:41:04 AM

I would tend to agree with these views. Not:

QuoteYou can blow as much smoke up our arses are you like because our lads set fire to the script tonight. Fûcking heroes
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on June 10, 2018, 10:41:04 AM

With Galway taken out a few lads over on Mayogaablog are taking this Mayo team up as potential All Ireland winners its almost like they have won Connacht already.