Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

RTE, cannot let this continue. Granted , people will watch him, just too see shite like today's rant. However , indiscriminate attacks on amateur players, who burst there asses on a nightly basis, has no place in the GAA, or on national TV. ZERO analysis of the actual game? He clearly has his own agenda, and as of today should be removed from his role as a pundit

omagh_gael

He is a hypocrite,  how can he more or less slander a fellow amateur and then cry that Sean is abusing the ethos of the GAA.

Gabriel_Hurl

Completely an utterly uncalled for - you can say he's doing it for entertainment but it's just downright tiresome now

Quote"He's a brilliant footballer but you can forget about Sean Cavanagh as a man."

Wildweasel74

Said they should got rid of him about 3 yrs ago, was giving Derry people a bad name. Tohill was about more sensible called it straight but got the road after giving out about a  Kerry player one yr

BennyHarp

I've said it before, he is an Après Match pundit. He's not to be taken seriously and RTE need to decide whether they want proper tactical analysis of the games or nonsensical rants which may be entertaining but add no value to the to the viewers understanding of the game.
That was never a square ball!!

SouthDublinBro

I don't understand why he hates Tyrone so much? Can any northern lads explain this?

To be honest, I don't mind Brolly. He puts Spillane and the Kerry boys in their place.

small white mayoman

MIchael Lyster apologised for his comments today but he has been getting away with murder for years having personal attacks on Amateur players . Spillane and O' Rourke didn't know what to do or say just held on to their seats for dear life.
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Gabriel

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 03, 2013, 08:51:45 PM
I don't understand why he hates Tyrone so much? Can any northern lads explain this?

He loved Tyrone for years, the same way he loves Donegal now. Personally, I agree with him that Tyrone's cynicism today was an absolute disgrace. The attention will probably centre on the way he attacked Cavanagh.

Wildweasel74

I wouldn't say he hates tyrone, his cousins are from the Moy, he backed Tyrone to the hilt for 5/6 yrs when alot of presenters didnt bck round when they played Kerry, seemed to have jumped on a Donegal / Mayo Bandwagon recently especially after Donegal turning Tyrone over 3yrs running!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 03, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

To be honest, I don't mind Brolly. He puts Spillane and the Kerry boys in their place.

You obviously don't know the Derry/Tyrone rivalry too well. Thing is we're probably so similar that we hate to see the other do well.

Syferus

Joe deserves a pay-rise after tonight.

RadioGAAGAA

Was Joe wrong with the substance of his point?
i usse an speelchekor

small white mayoman

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 03, 2013, 09:01:55 PM
Was Joe wrong with the substance of his point?

He could have made his point without having a personal attack on Kavanagh .
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Wildweasel74

he was right in what he said about cynical fouling blight on the games which was the context of the matter, its picking out 1 player, basically insult his manliness was stupid, childish and in very poor taste. What beat me was how cross he was, i actually thought he was going to pull the pin and walk off, Its was like one of those famous melltdowns like Kerry katona had on TV