20/1 Donegal
20/1 Kildare
20/1 Meath
20/1 Derry
33/1 down
33/1 Armagh
10,000 the field!

bennydorano

Didn't see much of Div 2 by the looks of it.

ross4life

Why are Cork Favorites?

It's been 2002 since Kerry or Tyrone haven't won the All Ireland & 2001 is the only time one of them didn't at least reach the final for 10 years! time for a outsider Dublin,Mayo,Galway,Cork to step up  :)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

rosnarun

looking at the way armagh destroyed donegal last week that some call .
other than that no too bad
my call

1/4 Kerry
1/1 Tyrone
2/1 Cork
3/1 Mayo
6/1 Dublin
12/1 Galway
20/1 down
20/1 Armagh
33/1 Meath
33/1 Derry
40/1 Kildare
40/1 antrim
10,000 the field!
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ross4life

League counts for little come Championship time, here's how i see it at the moment

Kerry 5/2
Tyrone 3/1
Cork 9/2
Dublin 8/1
Galway 12/1
Mayo  12/1
Armagh 18/1
Meath 18/1
Donegal 25/1
Kildare 25/1
Derry 30/1
Down 35/1
Monaghan 40/1
Sligo 100/1
Antrim  100/1
Roscommon 400/1
10,000 the field!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

What are the bookies odds across the board and provincial aswell?

I have mayo 10/1 well ahead of galway 16/1 in outrght odds, but the rest looks fairly accurate ross4life.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

well In our connacht Championship i would have

Galway 2/1
Mayo 2/1
Sligo 10/1
Roscommon 20/1*
Leitrim 20/1*
London 200/1
New york 300/1

*Great chance to make the final but no chance winning it

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 22, 2010, 01:18:54 AM

Galway 2/1
Mayo 2/1
Sligo 10/1
Roscommon 20/1*
Leitrim 20/1*
London 200/1
New york 300/1

I think the bookies will have Roscommon and Leitrim ahead of us based on the draw, just like Antrim in Ulster who are crazy generous odds at 33-1. I think both sides are up against it but both are home against mayo and tyrone but i wouldnt be suprised if both won. Mayo and tyrone will prefer the qualifier route anyway, to give them an advantage in the qtr finals.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Yep the bookies do have us & Leitrim ahead of Sligo but Afterall it's odds to win Which i can't see happening,
Antrim's odds are fair enough they beat the odds to get to the final last year & will do well to repeat that! & Tyrone won't mind the backdoor But i think Mayo would find it harder in the Qualifiers

DUBSFORSAM1

On the basis of last years championship and this years league how can people be rating Tyrone as 2nd favourites??

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 22, 2010, 04:49:27 AM
On the basis of last years championship and this years league how can people be rating Tyrone as 2nd favourites??
They have their heads firmly stuck up their asses
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Farrandeelin

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 22, 2010, 01:34:36 AM

Galway 2/1
Mayo 2/1
Sligo 10/1
Roscommon 20/1*
Leitrim 20/1*
London 200/1
New york 300/1

I think the bookies will have Roscommon and Leitrim ahead of us based on the draw, just like Antrim in Ulster who are crazy generous odds at 33-1. I think both sides are up against it but both are home against mayo and tyrone but i wouldnt be suprised if both won. Mayo and tyrone will prefer the qualifier route anyway, to give them an advantage in the qtr finals.

I would prefer to win Connacht Slgonian. Mayo don't do well in the qualifiers.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ranger

Galway 2/1
Mayo 2/1
Sligo 10/1
Roscommon 20/1*
Leitrim 20/1*
London 200/1
New york 300/1

Ross4life, Don't think Paddy Power will give you a job anytime soon!!!!
Those odds are way too generous, but I'll put a ton on Galway winning connaught at those odds! :) :)

nrico2006

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 22, 2010, 04:49:27 AM

Maybe because last summer Tyrone only lost one game, which was as many as the eventual All Ireland Champions.  If you hold the league in such high regard, why not pint to the fact that although relegated, Tyrone beat both Cork and Kerry. 

As for odds and favourites etc, people are so hung up on which team is favourite for a match, but that wins you nothing.  The league counts for very little, the football is of a lower and slower standard than what is played come championship, and certain teams are far from full strength and in Tyrones case this year they were only training one night a week, with the aim of peaking later in the year. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Lar Naparka

Right now, I'd be inclined to go along with cadhalcian's list. I might fiddle with the odds he is giving here and there but the placings seem just about right to me. If I had to place a bet of any sort right now, it would be a twenty to one on that the winner will come from the top five.
I'd like to wait until the league final is over before putting money on any team to win the All Ireland.  John O'Mahony has been using the league to develop a side for the championships and he has been doing a fine job so far.
I wouldn't worry too much about the actual result; it's the ways both teams perform that interests me. If Mayo put up a good display, it means they are keeping up their progress and I'd be inclined to shorten their odds for the championships; I don't see them going all the way yet but I think 2011 may well be their year Cork, on the other hand, would need to win and win well or I'd see the chances of Kerry and Tyrone improving.
All in all, the winner will come from the top five but I wouldn't lay odds, if I could help it, on any of them just yet.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi