who would you take?

Started by cadhlancian, February 06, 2009, 10:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

If you had 2 choices for a full forward line, who would you take...........either 

Gooch, Donaghy and Tommy walsh   or................. S O"Neill , Cavanagh and Mugsy

come on now ,,,dont be shy :)

fitzroyalty

the tyrone three, no question

Gooch is class, donaghy hasn't been at his best recently, walsh still has more to learn. Whereas you have two of the best in o'neill & cavanagh, not to mention mugsy who is good for a crucial goal now and again

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Minder

Will Mulligan even be starting for Tyrone this season?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Minder on February 06, 2009, 10:09:30 PM
Will Mulligan even be starting for Tyrone this season?

He's in the best shape he's been in for some (considerable) time this year, at this particular time of year. I'd say yes.

mylestheslasher

Assuming all player at their best and good ball going in I think I'd prefer the Kerry boys. I don't think there is anyone better under the high ball than Donaghy and no one better than gooch on form.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 06, 2009, 10:11:54 PM
Assuming all player at their best and good ball going in I think I'd prefer the Kerry boys.

Lose much in last year's final?  ;)

mylestheslasher

The question was which FF line was best. I think there were 12 other players on each team in the final that would have had a bearing on the result

Puckoon

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 06, 2009, 10:25:06 PM
The question was which FF line was best. I think there were 12 other players on each team in the final that would have had a bearing on the result

The question was which FF line would you prefer - there were no prefixes such as on the basis of last years all ireland final  - who would you prefer.

Both forward lines have 2 players of the year. Hard to call - but i know which one I prefer to watch - and which one I ultimately think is better - when firing on all cylinders.

I think Gooch is a smashin player - however, I dont think he can do the things that O'Neill and Cavanagh can do  - in the clutch. I suppose Gooch rarely ever finds himself or his team up against it such is the Kerry machine.

I think the Tyrone FF line notch it for me on the basis of

Style
Strength
Ball winning
Finishing

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not my question, did ya?

milltown row

Eoin Kelly (tipp) Shefflin and Brennan

now that is a fullforward line

Mickeys beard

Gooch and O'Neill similar for class and natural free-taking, Mugsy and Walsh on a par for a direct run at goal, but Cavanagh shades it over Donaghy for crucial points off both feet.  Close call.  
Boil the Drawers!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2009, 10:29:54 PM

Not my question, did ya?

No - I did not lose any money on last years final. I was cheering for Tyrone too if it makes you feel better.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 06, 2009, 10:49:36 PM
No - I did not lose any money on last years final. I was cheering for Tyrone too if it makes you feel better.

Neither better nor worse, just an innocent question, and another: should not a deprived full-forward line be better able to forage and make their own ball, than Kerry's trio were?

mylestheslasher

To a degree they should but if you have two teams with two strong fullward lines. If team A wins twice as much ball in the middle as team B then it is doubtful team B's FF line would be able to "forage" enough to compensate.