Nottingham Forest Thread

Started by leaveherinsir, December 14, 2010, 10:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Shocking start to the season for them. In fact shocking end to last season too. Club seems to be on a downward spiral.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: laoislad on October 06, 2020, 08:07:23 PM
I see the Forest manager has been sacked and Chris Houghton appointed as manager.
That's a really good appointment for Forest.

New man appointed 5 mins after Lamouchi was sacked
Same happened Oneill
20 managers ( including caretakers) in 10 years
Madness
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

laoislad

Just watched a brilliant documentary that randomly appeared on my Netflix recommendations called I Believe in Miracles. It's about the Forest team that got promoted and went on to win the League and a couple of European Cups. Very good and worth a watch.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on November 29, 2021, 08:56:31 PM
Just watched a brilliant documentary that randomly appeared on my Netflix recommendations called I Believe in Miracles. It's about the Forest team that got promoted and went on to win the League and a couple of European Cups. Very good and worth a watch.

Yes Clough and Taylor had the Midas touch. Great bit of TV.  As a Liverpool fan, you could only hold respect for their achievements at Liverpool's cost!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 29, 2021, 09:05:28 PM

Yes Clough and Taylor had the Midas touch. Great bit of TV.  As a Liverpool fan, you could only hold respect for their achievements at Liverpool's cost!

I used to have great respect for a Clough in how he ran his teams and how they played football. I lost an awful lot of respect for him as a person over his fan  blaming surrounding Hillsborough. He didn't actually seem like a very nice person at the back of it all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 30, 2021, 09:22:50 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 29, 2021, 09:05:28 PM

I used to have great respect for a Clough in how he ran his teams and how they played football. I lost an awful lot of respect for him as a person over his fan  blaming surrounding Hillsborough. He didn't actually seem like a very nice person at the back of it all.

I remember in our house my brothers trying to get me to support Forrest at the time, obviously this was a trick so that my dad would never take me to any games as he was a Utd man! the bas'tards!

I know a few local coaches who brought kids over for trails back in the day. Heading to Forrest would have been a big thing as they were a top team at the time, the three lads buzzing, and I'm sure it happens at most clubs, the boss never sees the kids, anyways the kids were at the training ground as was Clough, but the minute they dropped of the lads they all headed to pub for lunch and drinks and never seen one lad kick a ball!

You'd wonder how any kids made the breakthrough back then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggy90

A brilliant team and even now so underrated.
The show 8tself is one of the best sport's documentaries I've seen. I was surprised at how much I remembered of those days?
Kenny Burns was virtually uncontrollable until Clough got hold of him and made him the player he became. I didn't know about Archie Gemmill's falling out with Clough but I guess he fell out with nearly everyone eventually?
He was one arrogant, egotistical bully but what a football manager!
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

laoislad

Great result for Forest beating Arsenal in the Cup.

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont care how many modern franchises be in the Premiership, its worse off for not having the likes of Forest and Ipswich in it. I know you get there on merit and it depends on when you started following the soccerball but a Forest in the top flight would be great

laoislad

Captain Obvious

Nottingham Forest beat Sheffield United on penalties to set up a Championship play-off final meeting with Huddersfield Town

lurganblue

What about the lad charging a headbutt into Billy Sharp during the pitch invasion. sc**bag

quit yo jibbajabba

Was it not more a barge? Either way a scummy action with yer man totally blindsided;

Be good to see Forest back up

Captain Obvious

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2022, 01:40:39 PM
What about the lad charging a headbutt into Billy Sharp during the pitch invasion. sc**bag
Yeah grabbed the headlines afterwards. Shows the type of individuals that follows these English clubs, lowlife scum. Common assault as that was carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison i believe.