The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Jota back will be a massive boost as he'll put away some of the chances we've been missing.  Lost count the number of times Mo lost the ball yesterday.  Think TAA back in training this week too??  Bradley looked tired yesterday, he's been playing a lot of football for a young lad.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Armamike

Will be great to see Jota back. Hopefully he won't need much time to get up to speed.  The amount of chances that are being coughed up is crazy, while the opposition get one sniff and score!  Mo is off it completely.  Looks like he's lost his sharpness and burst of speed. But that doesn't explain why he's ballooning clear shots on goal. I saw online reference being made to him fasting for Ramadan.  That didn't seem to affect him too much in previous years!
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on April 08, 2024, 10:49:53 AMWill be great to see Jota back. Hopefully he won't need much time to get up to speed.  The amount of chances that are being coughed up is crazy, while the opposition get one sniff and score!  Mo is off it completely.  Looks like he's lost his sharpness and burst of speed. But that doesn't explain why he's ballooning clear shots on goal. I saw online reference being made to him fasting for Ramadan.  That didn't seem to affect him too much in previous years!

Is he the only Muslim player Liverpool have? Most team would have Salah playing, he's scored 21 goals in 32 games, granted, a handy penalty here and there but you still have to put them away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2024, 10:59:10 AM
Quote from: Armamike on April 08, 2024, 10:49:53 AMWill be great to see Jota back. Hopefully he won't need much time to get up to speed.  The amount of chances that are being coughed up is crazy, while the opposition get one sniff and score!  Mo is off it completely.  Looks like he's lost his sharpness and burst of speed. But that doesn't explain why he's ballooning clear shots on goal. I saw online reference being made to him fasting for Ramadan.  That didn't seem to affect him too much in previous years!

Is he the only Muslim player Liverpool have? Most team would have Salah playing, he's scored 21 goals in 32 games, granted, a handy penalty here and there but you still have to put them away

I think Salah and Chris Wood were having bets on who could miss the biggest sitter, at least Wood hit the post, Salah's right foot is for standing on obviously.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2024, 10:59:10 AM

Konate is Muslim too.

statto

Amorim in talks according to talkport to replace Klopp. Not sure how I feel about this, Man United went down the route of getting a manager who has won trophies in one of the lesser leagues and hasn't really worked.  De Zerbe could be another Graham Potter if got a " big job" no real stand out candidate at the moment for me. Would take Ange over De Zerbe given choice.   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: statto on April 09, 2024, 11:23:17 AMAmorim in talks according to talkport to replace Klopp. Not sure how I feel about this, Man United went down the route of getting a manager who has won trophies in one of the lesser leagues and hasn't really worked.  De Zerbe could be another Graham Potter if got a " big job" no real stand out candidate at the moment for me. Would take Ange over De Zerbe given choice.   

Talks about not taking a manager who has won trophies in lesser leagues and then says would take Ange?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Would be delighted to get Amorim.  Very good reports on him.
That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2024, 11:43:43 AM
Quote from: statto on April 09, 2024, 11:23:17 AMAmorim in talks according to talkport to replace Klopp. Not sure how I feel about this, Man United went down the route of getting a manager who has won trophies in one of the lesser leagues and hasn't really worked.  De Zerbe could be another Graham Potter if got a " big job" no real stand out candidate at the moment for me. Would take Ange over De Zerbe given choice.   

Talks about not taking a manager who has won trophies in lesser leagues and then says would take Ange?

Ahhhh but the SPL is as good as the Premier League did you not know that??
Celtic/Rangers would finish top 4 every year sure.

Captain Obvious

Wouldn't compare what has gone on with a poor ran club like Manchester United, even Klopp would have struggled there. If you want a manager with high vibes with a big focus on attacking and little focus on defending which the media love in choose to ignore then Ange Postecoglou is your man however I doubt that style of play will be good enough to retain the Premier league title for Liverpool next season.

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 09, 2024, 04:28:23 PM

Wouldn't compare what has gone on with a poor ran club like Manchester United, even Klopp would have struggled there. If you want a manager with high vibes with a big focus on attacking and little focus on defending which the media love in choose to ignore then Ange Postecoglou is your man however I doubt that style of play will be good enough to retain the Premier league title for Liverpool next season.

:D

jcpen

Quote from: Armamike on April 09, 2024, 01:40:15 PMWould be delighted to get Amorim.  Very good reports on him.
If I was a Liverpool fan the thing I would be concerned about is will he have the same clout that Klopp had regarding new players coming in, players came to Liverpool not just because it's Liverpool FC but because they wanted to play for Klopp.
You may find now players might be more reluctant, though in fairness Liverpool are in a far better place now than when Klopp first came.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

statto

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2024, 11:43:43 AM

I said given the choice of Ange or De Zerbe would take Ange. Ange has won trophies in a poor league but has a style of football that would keep fans happy and manages media well. De Zerbe I'm not sure on though has done a great job at Brighton.

statto

Quote from: jcpen on April 09, 2024, 04:40:45 PM
Quote from: Armamike on April 09, 2024, 01:40:15 PMWould be delighted to get Amorim.  Very good reports on him.
If I was a Liverpool fan the thing I would be concerned about is will he have the same clout that Klopp had regarding new players coming in, players came to Liverpool not just because it's Liverpool FC but because they wanted to play for Klopp.
You may find now players might be more reluctant, though in fairness Liverpool are in a far better place now than when Klopp first came.
Alot of the players Klopp bought were decent players who he improved coming from small clubs like Southampton, Hoffenheim, Wolves etc so they weren't really competing for the already made top players. Saying that I get what you are saying.

supersub

Quote from: statto on April 09, 2024, 08:06:00 PM
Quote from: jcpen on April 09, 2024, 04:40:45 PM
Alot of the players Klopp bought were decent players who he improved coming from small clubs like Southampton, Hoffenheim, Wolves etc so they weren't really competing for the already made top players. Saying that I get what you are saying.

I suppose you are now trading off the 'Klopp factor' against the fact Liverpool are now actively competing each season at the top of the league. Much more of a pull than 5-6 years years ago, regardless of who is at the helm.

As noted also, not too many household names have been signed by Klopp, more so good players, good personalities who he has been able to get the best out of, develop and probably most importantly, keep happy even if regularly on the bench.