Rugby World Cup 2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2011, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: Hound on August 22, 2011, 01:37:08 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on August 22, 2011, 01:19:24 PM
Feel bad for Felix Jones. Every time he starts to look good he gets injured.
Jones wasnt good on Saturday anyway. I'd say Murphy would have got the nod. If something happens Kearney, Murphy and not Jones would be the man you'd want v Australia or South Africa.

Delighted that Kidney was brave enough to leave O'Leary behind and bring Murray.

Also happy to see McFadden in. Fitzgerald had his best spell in a long time in the last quarter v France at the weekend. Too late it seems, though I still would have brought him and left Wallace behind.

I also would have brought Jennings instead of Leamy. We lots of cover at 6 and 8, so Leamy is just not going to be required. Jennings would have been a much better option to have.

Just spun the ould DeLorean up to 88 mph and took a trip into the future. Saw myself on my knees in front of the flatscreen, punching the ground and in tears, shouting at the ceiling...

"Mushy f**king Buckley!"

screenexile

Jones wasnt good on Saturday anyway. I'd say Murphy would have got the nod. If something happens Kearney, Murphy and not Jones would be the man you'd want v Australia or South Africa.

Delighted that Kidney was brave enough to leave O'Leary behind and bring Murray.

Also happy to see McFadden in. Fitzgerald had his best spell in a long time in the last quarter v France at the weekend. Too late it seems, though I still would have brought him and left Wallace behind.

I also would have brought Jennings instead of Leamy. We lots of cover at 6 and 8, so Leamy is just not going to be required. Jennings would have been a much better option to have.

I don't think so. Jennings was nowhere to be seen on Saturday and I doubt he would have been going anyway but that made Kidney's mind up.

As for Murphy well apparently he was told last week he wasn't going so I think Deccie's hand was forced on that particular inclusion.

Aside from that I'm very glad to see O'Leary not going. He's pish! Murray will hopefully get a match or 2 but I would imagine he's very much 3rd choice at this stage. It's as strong as we have available going but I am worried as every one of our lines has question marks over it: 2, 4, 7, 9, 12, 14 and 15 could go a few different ways . . .

Good luck Deccie!!

lynchbhoy

mc_grens

Dinny Breen

In fairness I think Kidney has made the right decisions, don't rate Jennings period and whilst Leamy isn't my cup of tea either he is a better international player than Leamy, I would have taken Dominic Ryan for the experience if it was up to me.

O'Leary, Trimble and Fitzgerald got their chances and only Trimble showed any form. The inclusion of Buckley highlights the lack of quality props in this country.

We needed to win last Saturday and as it stands we are only going to make up the numbers.

Agree with Hardy and Lynchbhoy on NZ, too short a price, Oz are the value bet and will only meet the quality SH opposition in the final. They won't be far off it.
#newbridgeornowhere

Capt Pat

O Leary was overtaken in Munster by Murray so Kidney had to go the same way in his squad.

By club it is 13 Leinster 9 Munster 5 Ulster 1* Sale OSpreys and Saracens. By state of origin it is 13 Munster 10 Leinster 5 Ulster 1 kiwi and 1 Aussie.

By county 7 Limerick 4 Cork 3 Dublin 2 Tipperary 3 Kildare 1 *Wicklow Carlow Louth Wexford Monaghan Antrim Down Derry Armagh

laoislad

Quote from: snoopdog on August 21, 2011, 11:49:38 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 21, 2011, 01:21:08 AM
A month of this shite soon.  Feck, I'd rather watch the X Factor!!

the D4 press will go mad for it. Cover to cover. we wont be able to escape it.
Thankfully the matches will be on that early that if your not a band wagon jumper or a crowd follower you will miss them. a blessing in my opinion.
How much of the world actually take part in this WORLD CUP

Sooner they are knocked out and it's all over the better.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 22, 2011, 03:19:12 PM
O Leary was overtaken in Munster by Murray so Kidney had to go the same way in his squad.

By club it is 13 Leinster 9 Munster 5 Ulster 1* Sale OSpreys and Saracens. By state of origin it is 13 Munster 10 Leinster 5 Ulster 1 kiwi and 1 Aussie.

By county 7 Limerick 4 Cork 4 Dublin 2 Tipperary 2 Kildare 1 *Wicklow Carlow Louth Wexford Monaghan

3?

Murphy, Heaslip & McFadden
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AFS

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 22, 2011, 03:37:26 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 22, 2011, 03:19:12 PM

By county 7 Limerick 4 Cork 4 Dublin 2 Tipperary 2 Kildare 1 *Wicklow Carlow Louth Wexford Monaghan

3?

Murphy, Heaslip & McFadden

And

1* Derry (Trimble), Armagh (Best), Down (Wallace), Antrim (Ferris).

Hoof Hearted

anyone know if there any spare tickets for Saturdays match with England ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: whitegoodman on August 22, 2011, 01:32:54 PM
  imo Earls may have played his way out of the team.  O'Gara to start ahead of Sexton for me as well.

Don't know how you can say earls played himself on the team, he was brutal on Saturday, one dimensional and constantly taking the ball into conact and losing it, very easy to counter IMO

Sexton has been hampered by having to play with TOL while ROG has been getting ball from Reddan, no comparison
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

whitegoodman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 22, 2011, 07:18:18 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on August 22, 2011, 01:32:54 PM
  imo Earls may have played his way out of the team.  O'Gara to start ahead of Sexton for me as well.

Don't know how you can say earls played himself on the team, he was brutal on Saturday, one dimensional and constantly taking the ball into conact and losing it, very easy to counter IMO

Sexton has been hampered by having to play with TOL while ROG has been getting ball from Reddan, no comparison

Have another wee read at what i said!!

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Offalylad

Thank God TOL isn't going. Sexton at 12 with O'Gara at outhalf is something which should be tried out at some stage of the England match imo.

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2011, 02:47:27 PM

I don't think so. Jennings was nowhere to be seen on Saturday and I doubt he would have been going anyway but that made Kidney's mind up.

As for Murphy well apparently he was told last week he wasn't going so I think Deccie's hand was forced on that particular inclusion.

Aside from that I'm very glad to see O'Leary not going. He's pish! Murray will hopefully get a match or 2 but I would imagine he's very much 3rd choice at this stage. It's as strong as we have available going but I am worried as every one of our lines has question marks over it: 2, 4, 7, 9, 12, 14 and 15 could go a few different ways . . .

Good luck Deccie!!

you could No 10 to that list as well but I'd plump for Sexton starting with ROG there as backup for later on

On the plus side O'Connell looks to have shed a few of those unnecessary pounds and was a bit more agile looking.