Dublins League Fixtures

Started by dubnut, November 30, 2006, 01:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tayto

Quote from: Gnevin on November 30, 2006, 02:58:08 PM
Quote from: tayto on November 30, 2006, 02:11:35 PM

How is Norton getting on with his injury, I know he's very highly rated out in Brigids.
What happened to him ?

Anyone else feel Casey needs to be replaced ?

i think he did his cruciate a few months back.

Casey is growing on me, you can't fault his workrate.

resdubwhite

Not at all.
Casey would be great if he could play football.

I thought he was superb last year. Only one cavaet. his marking isn't top notch and his marker seems to get by him with ease in certain occasions.

Wasn't his fault he was sent in at full back against Mayo.

tayto

very dubious call from the sideline that one. something they've hopefully learned from.

Gnevin

Quote from: tayto on November 30, 2006, 02:59:49 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on November 30, 2006, 02:58:08 PM
Quote from: tayto on November 30, 2006, 02:11:35 PM

How is Norton getting on with his injury, I know he's very highly rated out in Brigids.
What happened to him ?

Anyone else feel Casey needs to be replaced ?

i think he did his cruciate a few months back.

Casey is growing on me, you can't fault his workrate.

Cant fault it work rate but some of the things he does while on the ball make be want too look away i remember against Monaghan last year, he was all over the place 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tayto

he wasnt the only one that had circles run around them that day.

resdubwhite

Not by a long shot. Typical though.

the week after the battle of healy park, and then that display. interestingly had we got anything  from that game we'd have been in the national league playoffs.

lynchbhoy

There is a lot of talent - esp in defence for the Dubs.
Norto is Brigids best Defender (according to boss Gerry McEntee) and his return friom in (in the new year I hope) will bolster up this great def squad even further.
Barry C is an athlete and can run all day. Has improved significantly in the past couple of years - but isnt a natural defender, but his speed and committment have turned him into a handy utility defender.
I'd stick him in midfield, he has played there as a youngster - and get him to sweep up behind midfield and in front of the HB line.
This formation would lend the stability to get the best out of Cullen at chb as I expect Dublin want to persist with him there. IMO he is too much of a footballer for this position, but given the right formation around him, nhe can be a good CHB and initiator of the attack.

I recently lost a debate with Lally as he eventually told me the position he likes to play in. Its not the position I'd pick him in, but you cant argue with players fave positions. Though if I was ever picking his team again, he'd play where I put him !

Forwards. Cant see Jayo staying too much longer with the Dubs. Moving to another club and loads of years on the clock will take its toll.
Brogan & Vaughan in a two man FF line.
Whelo third midfield with licence to roam.Maybe move him to FF once he starts to lose his pace (with age)
Magee the other midfielder
Half forward line, I cannot make up my mind.
I'd like to see Keaney Lally & Cullen

But what do I know !

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 30, 2006, 03:18:38 PM

Whelo third midfield with licence to roam.Maybe move him to FF once he starts to lose his pace (with age)

A 3 man midfield could be the way to go it certainly looked like it was working against mayo until ryan dropped back . Whelo has said he doesn't like to roam and prefers to stay in the middle . If you want ball carried from the middle i'd give it to the tank Ryaner
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fuzzman

Do you think there will be a full house for the Sat fight night v Tyrone.
Will they make it all ticket?

I can see a lot of Tyrone fans going to it, especially after last year.
Is this Pillar's last year?

Northside Dub

Yeah its Pillar's last year 3rd year of a 3 year term! If we win the all-ireland id expect him to stay on! i said 'IF'!!
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

Gnevin

Quote from: Northside Dub on November 30, 2006, 03:25:48 PM
Yeah its Pillar's last year 3rd year of a 3 year term! If we win the all-ireland id expect him to stay on! i said 'IF'!!

If we got too the AI  final i'd expect him to stay. I can't really see him being pushed barring a nightmare season  but he might go himself if we dont make progress

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 30, 2006, 03:22:15 PM
Do you think there will be a full house for the Sat fight night v Tyrone.
Will they make it all ticket?

I can see a lot of Tyrone fans going to it, especially after last year.

I doubt it will sell out not unless the GAA hype it up a bit and offer cheap tickets .

resdubwhite

Lally hasn't done enough for me to be in the team. He's always promised but very rarely delivered in a blue shirt.

I'm a big fan of McConnell. If Norton (oh behave) gets fit he's going to need a year or two to establish himself in the panel before he returns.

Barry llooked very good in CHB last year until the Tyrone game when the pulled him out of position. Oddly Dublins downfall against Mayo this year too with Cullen (pillar take note) If Full back is covered I'd move Cullen back up to half forward line.

Darren Magee really needs to piss or get off the pot. Whelo is not going to be around for ever you know.   

lynchbhoy

Quote from: resdubwhite on November 30, 2006, 04:15:32 PM
Lally hasn't done enough for me to be in the team. He's always promised but very rarely delivered in a blue shirt.

I'm a big fan of McConnell. If Norton (oh behave) gets fit he's going to need a year or two to establish himself in the panel before he returns.

Barry llooked very good in CHB last year until the Tyrone game when the uppled him out of position. Oddly Dublins downfall against Mayo this year too with Cullen (pillar take note) If Full back is covered I'd move Cullen back up to half forward line.

Darren Magee really needs to piss or get off the pot. Whelo is not going to be around for ever you know.   
would agree with that

Lally hasnt delivered, but he hasnt really had a chance. Also being moved from every position from 5 to 15 doesnt help (esp when he mostly sits on the bench)

Josey Whales

Not sure about Mc Connell- i think Bastic might be a better option in the sense he'll put himself around more-both will get a chance though.
Vaughan and bernard Brogan should both get arun.
Christie back to full back.
Connolly hasn't played Dublin 21's yet- let him do that first

Canalman

Always stuck up for Paul Casey in past, but I feel that both he and Coman G need replacing.IMO they tend to go awol when a game is going againt us and when the opposition get on  a run it seems that they sweep forward at will. Not gritty enough and would maybe like to SOS or BC tried as wing backs with Paddy Christie (if fit) at full back.
Saddens me to say it as I always liked Casey.