2019 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 10, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on May 19, 2019, 01:54:40 AM
Quote from: G@@ on May 18, 2019, 10:23:07 PM
Buff Egan has a good bit of scoring coverage from today's match on Snapchat.
I don't have Snapchat but it might be time to sign up for it. Thanks, G@@!
Do it quick, stories only last 24 hours. Buff is iconic.

Goku

Good start to the campaign anyway, whats the story with Picky and Scully, Neither seem to be getting a look in at all?

blueandwhite1

A few things stood out for me on Saturday. Firstly, when we played well we were way better than Antrim and way better than we have been in a few years. Our touch, fitness and hunger for the ball was excellent. However we dropped off the intensity big time when we were well ahead. Eddie Brennan was jumping up and down on the sidelines with some of our carelessness. We didn't get caught by Antrim but could have. Secondly, nearly everyone is playing well. Cha is coming back to himself and the front 8 all scored well. We are not reliant on one or two players. I thought some of them played well within their abilities but didn't need to do much more. Mullaney, Cleere and Kavanagh were fine but not at the same level as against Offaly. Great to see so many others step up. Purcell was excellent at full forward and looked very dangerous. Aaron Dunphy was lightening when he came on. Big game against Kerry and we will have a day out in Croker.

Laois Rising

Our recent head to head against Kerry isn't great. Kerry are not a bad side and will be looking to rectify the poor performance they put in in their opening game with Antrim. They have a knack of scoring goals so it will be a good test of our fullback line and how they deal with the threats of players of the caliber of Conway and the Boyles running at them. Eddie needs to make sure complacency does not set in and it was good to hear him be critical of our second half performance. He is demanding higher standards of the players and they are responding. Hopefully Laois continue to progress and remain injury free over the course of the next few games.   

If Laois are to win the McDonagh Cup we need to reduce the amount of goal scoring opportunities we are presenting teams. A poor Offaly team were handed a few soft goals and only for Enda the last day we could easily have leaked another 3/4. Westmeath are a serious side at this level and have definitely improved on last year's showing. I fear we won't get away with it if we present them with those kind of opportunities considering the form shown by the two Doyles and McNicholas so far this year. 

Mossy Bruce

Yep, I get a bit nervous when Laios have an away game in Kerry. I hope the lads stay in top form and give it to Kerry at 100%.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Zooming around

Laois going very well right now in terms of the rate of improvement. I love how our first touch is much better and is very crisp. For a few years, i think our managements have taken the basic skills almost for granted. The work rate is very high with a large number of hooks and blocks. This all stems from a good attitude which is undoubtedly created by management. Well done to everyone involved.

Don Draper

We need to really keep a hard eye on Westmeath here boys

Their physio is giving them a real head start I believe

He's got a right grip on the lad(s)

And he will choke the life out of them if it means getting them to the happy ending they crave

He's a right dick, but he's happy to put himself out there to get (a)head

burdizzo

You may need to elaborate a little...

SCFC

Quote from: burdizzo on May 24, 2019, 04:20:08 PM
You may need to elaborate a little...
Some things are best left unsaid.

Don Draper

He's purple in the head throttling the lad(s).

Mossy Bruce

Wow! I am stunned by the outcome of the Westmeath/Kerry match.  :o
I thought Westmeath were going to run over Kerry. We've got quite a match coming up in two weeks.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

The Boy Wonder

After Westmeath's great win last week this result was certainly a big shock.
This is a reminder if any was needed that Laois need to be on top of their game to come away from Tralee with a win

Keyser Söze

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on May 25, 2019, 05:27:34 PM
After Westmeath's great win last week this result was certainly a big shock.
This is a reminder if any was needed that Laois need to be on top of their game to come away from Tralee with a win

And likewise with the final game v Westmeath!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

smcder

Really puts Offaly in a bad spot. They need to beat antrim and Kerry to avoid finishing joint bottom.
What way does it work if teams finish level on pts

burdizzo