Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

So it's just hypocrisy again from DUPUDA  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on December 06, 2017, 11:46:16 AM
Has the DUP not got a point when they say an Irish Sea border will harm east west trade,and most of the North's goods go to the UK?
I don't think so. The UK could have an opt out for NI exports to England and being in the SM would allow exports to the EU.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: T Fearon on December 06, 2017, 12:09:23 PM
If I was a Northern nationalist I wouldn't have leanings at all to any Freestate party.What real interest have they shown in the North or reunification,apart from now when Brexit threatens their economy or to keep SF in check.

Say nothing about Christie Stalford,DUP,on Spotlight last night.He helped me beat a parking ticket rap on the Lisburn Road last July!

Like many other threads there is a lot of playing the man (the DUP) not the ball.They are not a bunch of raving bigots.Even Paisley in his hey Day attracted a lot of Catholic votes on account of his constituency work.

I have a fair degree of euroscepticism myself and voted remain last year holding my nose.EU membership didn't prevent the 26 counties going bankrupt a few years ago.

Yes they are Tony unless you have got your head stuck up your hole.

T Fearon

Total fantasy.If a border on island of Ireland is a trade barrier so is one in the Irish Sea.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on December 06, 2017, 12:09:23 PM
If I was a Northern nationalist I wouldn't have leanings at all to any Freestate party.What real interest have they shown in the North or reunification,apart from now when Brexit threatens their economy or to keep SF in check.

Say nothing about Christie Stalford,DUP,on Spotlight last night.He helped me beat a parking ticket rap on the Lisburn Road last July!

Like many other threads there is a lot of playing the man (the DUP) not the ball.They are not a bunch of raving bigots.Even Paisley in his hey Day attracted a lot of Catholic votes on account of his constituency work.

I have a fair degree of euroscepticism myself and voted remain last year holding my nose.EU membership didn't prevent the 26 counties going bankrupt a few years ago.
the bailout cost about 7 years' worth of subventions to prop up NI.
NI is far weaker economically.  Brexit will do even more damage .
The planters had 400 years allied to a rising star that became a global empire . Now it is returning to mediocrity
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

Itchy they represent a hardline view,as does Sinn Fein, their polar opposite.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 06, 2017, 12:00:52 PM
I have to say, as a Northern Nationalist with FF leanings I've been impressed by Coveney and Veradkar (nearly had to write theIndian there).

Why would you have FF leanings?

vallankumous

Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2017, 11:53:21 AM

I don't know what news story you've been following to hold such an out there opinion but forcing the entire UK to stay in the the single market by holding firm on the border issue would be a far better outcome for Ireland than what was on offer on Monday.

This is a win-win scenario for Ireland and the government has played their hand very well so far.

Forcing the UK? Are you in this new Communications Unit?
They weren't even at the negotiations. They didn't force anything.
The UK and the EU fooled us into thinking the border was a major issue and used that to pacify both side of Brexit within the UK.

May pushed the DUP forward while at the same time Junker pushed Varadkar forward.
Both were played, though it remains to be seen how much either knew about it. Seems the DUP were well prepared for the leak while Varadkar wasn't.

Two sides set up against the red herring border issue.
One will be happy they can climb down and save face on their hard Brexit approach and the other powerless as just realizing it now.

vallankumous

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 06, 2017, 12:00:52 PM
I have to say, as a Northern Nationalist with FF leanings I've been impressed by Coveney and Veradkar (nearly had to write theIndian there).

i was impressed until this week and now I see what fools we've been. I fell for it as much as Varadkar did but he's further to fall. In saying that I'm happy enough with the outcome. Looks like Brexit is going nowhere.

Syferus

Quote from: vallankumous on December 06, 2017, 01:06:08 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2017, 11:53:21 AM

I don't know what news story you've been following to hold such an out there opinion but forcing the entire UK to stay in the the single market by holding firm on the border issue would be a far better outcome for Ireland than what was on offer on Monday.

This is a win-win scenario for Ireland and the government has played their hand very well so far.

Forcing the UK? Are you in this new Communications Unit?
They weren't even at the negotiations. They didn't force anything.
The UK and the EU fooled us into thinking the border was a major issue and used that to pacify both side of Brexit within the UK.

May pushed the DUP forward while at the same time Junker pushed Varadkar forward.
Both were played, though it remains to be seen how much either knew about it. Seems the DUP were well prepared for the leak while Varadkar wasn't.

Two sides set up against the red herring border issue.
One will be happy they can climb down and save face on their hard Brexit approach and the other powerless as just realizing it now.

This reads like SF fan fiction. It has little relationship with reality, though.

vallankumous

Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2017, 01:11:48 PM

This reads like SF fan fiction. It has little relationship with reality, though.

Are trying to tag me to avoid a discussion?
I doubt SF agree with me, it doesn't gain them anything. They were hoping for a united ireland out of this. They have had less impact than anyone on this issue.

SF will still be yapping about the border being an issue, it's not.

Syferus

Quote from: vallankumous on December 06, 2017, 01:14:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2017, 01:11:48 PM

Are trying to tag me to avoid a discussion?
I doubt SF agree with me, it doesn't gain them anything. They were hoping for a united ireland out of this. They have had less impact than anyone on this issue.

SF will still be yapping about the border being an issue, it's not.

I already had the discussion and dismissed your viewpoint as totally unsupported by the actual events.

vallankumous

Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2017, 01:16:50 PM

I already had the discussion and dismissed your viewpoint as totally unsupported by the actual events.

Last week

EU we're backing Ireland
Tories/DUP we want a soft border but want out of unions.
UK - We want out/we want in
Scotland we want in the EU
Ireland we want no border and special status

Today

EU say nothing
Ireland say nothing
DUP - we want same as UK
Scotland - we want same as UK
UK - We want the same for all UK- We want the same for all UK
Tories - We always intended it to be the same

Brexit with special status for everyone so.
These actual events?

TheOptimist

Quote from: vallankumous on December 06, 2017, 01:24:42 PM

Last week

EU we're backing Ireland

Today

EU say nothing
Ireland say nothing
DUP - we want same as UK

These actual events?

You are really giving them too much credit here!

screenexile

Quote from: vallankumous on December 06, 2017, 01:24:42 PM

Last week

EU we're backing Ireland

Today

EU say nothing
Ireland say nothing
DUP - we want same as UK

These actual events?

Nope JRM/Gove/Johnson and the Brexiteers are not happy staying in the single market or the customs union so who the f**k knows at this stage?!