NFL Div 2 2020

Started by Laoiseabu, October 18, 2019, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluespower

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on January 31, 2020, 11:17:32 PM
Is Marty Scully involved this year. In my opinion he was one of our outstanding players last year and it would be awful if he was gone as this year would be massive for him..

Junior Ex Laoistalk, i was just thinking the exact same thing not a word about him yet this year and he was one of our best players last year i just hope he is still involved.

AFM

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 01, 2020, 07:00:25 AM
Scully is involved .
I'd expect him to play some part on Saturday

Why the early throw inn ?

Ah now even with 6pm throw in I'll be lucky to be home before midnight.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: bluespower on February 01, 2020, 07:01:13 AM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on January 31, 2020, 11:17:32 PM
Is Marty Scully involved this year. In my opinion he was one of our outstanding players last year and it would be awful if he was gone as this year would be massive for him..

Junior Ex Laoistalk, i was just thinking the exact same thing not a word about him yet this year and he was one of our best players last year i just hope he is still involved.

Good to hear that he's part of the panel again this year. Is Daniel O'Reilly playing at all anymore, didn't see him play with Graiguecullen at all last year. He must have suffered more than people know from that horrible attack in Carlow.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4292194/brendan-keating-assault-carlow-laois-gaa-daniel-oreilly-sentencing/
https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-newstalk-breakfast/laois-footballer-daniel-oreilly-coming-back-skull-fracture
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

vetoldthe

Bloody Hell, What a performance tonight,   just super,

High Fielder

Quote from: vetoldthe on February 01, 2020, 08:31:49 PM
Bloody Hell, What a performance tonight,   just super,

Yeah I couldn't agree more. Those lads got through some amount of work. I wasn't expecting anything like that and even if they had lost, which they never looked like doing, they would have impressed with their honesty, A great team and panel effort, and as someone who was broken hearted to see Sugrue leave, I have to say tonight would give you hope. Armagh looked over worked , tired and slow, but then again we dictated the pace for all bar about 10 minutes of the game. Evan O'Carroll looks reborn.

Throw ball

Armagh always lose to Laois and we were brutal today. As was the referee - for both teams. Laois very impressive in the way they managed the game. The pitch seems to need a bit of remedial work.

smcder

I thought first half lacked intensity. Both teams were bluntbfornfirst 20 minutes or so and then we got a run of points near the end of the half. Second half they upped the intensity but after about 5 or ten minutes we matched it. We never looked under pressure.
Full back line played well.  Piggot Lowry lillis Evan Barry were all noticbly good.

Ref was shocking. Think overall we got more than Armagh. But he seemed to miss a lot.

Nameless

Fantastic effort from all of them. Armagh were bad in the first half but they came out firing in the second. The intensity went up several notches and they were right back in the game. It was a serious test for the character of our younger players and they stood up to it. We got a few important scores and settled things down. Still early season games and a lot of work to be done but very encouraging. I thought Byrne had a very good debut. Timmons was great, don't know what we're going to do when he's gone. Midfield were good, O Carroll will be our main man, it's just a pity his conversion rate isn't higher. Corbett is very comfortable on the ball obviously, looked a bit suspect under the high ball that was sent in so further tests to come for him. Piggott is a tight marker, he does give the ball away a lot though. Murphy was quiet. Overall we played some nice stuff, were set up well, team spirit looks good and they put everything into it. Can't ask for more than that.

armaghniac

Quote from: Nameless on February 01, 2020, 10:08:11 PM
Overall we played some nice stuff, were set up well, team spirit looks good and they put everything into it. Can't ask for more than that.

From an Armagh visitor, I think Laois can take some pride in their team.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Nameless

Quote from: armaghniac on February 01, 2020, 10:33:18 PM
Quote from: Nameless on February 01, 2020, 10:08:11 PM
Overall we played some nice stuff, were set up well, team spirit looks good and they put everything into it. Can't ask for more than that.

From an Armagh visitor, I think Laois can take some pride in their team.

That reminds me of another thing I was going to say. We all know it at this stage but our support is pathetic. It was a nice evening for February, dry and not that cold, there's no excuse to be outnumbered by a county 2 and a half hours away. When Armagh were getting back in the game, the noise from the crowd was boosting them. As you say, Laois people should have pride in this team, they deserve our support.

recyclebin

Great performance tonight. Timmons kicked some point before half time. Coming into the league I was worried that we might have reached our max level and might struggle but it looks like we've kicked on another gear again this year which is great to see.

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Throw ball on February 01, 2020, 09:02:17 PM
Armagh always lose to Laois and we were brutal today. As was the referee - for both teams. Laois very impressive in the way they managed the game. The pitch seems to need a bit of remedial work.

Mike Quirke has got the lads working well as a team and playing intelligently. Brian Byrne had a brilliant debut in the corner, Mark Timmons was at his best and the defence as a whole played very well. JOL, Lillis and O'Carroll are showing great leadership for the younger lads coming through.

Laois bossed this game for the most part - Armagh seemed to lack that bit of steel that used be part of their successful teams.

Re. the pitch - it did seem a bit bare. Overuse ?

les Antiques

Very good two points tonight against a pretty disappointing Armagh team who briefly showed up at the start of the second half.  Nevertheless it's clear to see there's plan and structure in place and Quirke has them motoring along nicely even if it's only February. 
Byrne and Timmons were excellent and O'Carroll seems to be prospering as our marquee forward with Donie off the Scene. 
People are going on about the pitch been bare etc . What do we expect ? O 'Moore Park has been blatantly overused the past 24 months with every possible club  senior football and hurling championship match been played there . Throw in the numerous inter-county games . It clearly needs attention and some  rest time. 
Our support is embarrassing.  As said before the Laois players deserve a lot better .

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 02, 2020, 10:22:27 AM
Super result tonight,  to be honest we are in a great position way better than I imagined.  On the Laois Crowd we have always been a sceptical fan base and these two past results should bring a good crowd to Portlaoise next Sunday.  On the pitch I'd say the bare look is due to lack of grass growth at this time of year.  Plenty of premiership pitches get far more use but would have the capacity and money to keep growth.

Blow-in

€20 dosent help the crowd either. What's wrong with €10 charge? Gets a bigger crowd and bigger atmosphere. I understand it's the National GAA who makes the price but I think €20 is harsh. A family of 4 with two over 16's would be €80. And that's without petrol or food