Killeeshil v Drumragh
Gleann Éalla v Cookstown
Eskra Emmetts v Kildress
Castlederg v Errigal Ciaran
Brac an Bhil v Clann na nGael
Drumquin v Cill na mBán.
Derrytresk v Urney
Fianna Oileá v Brockagh

The last championship of the year. What's the thoughts folks?

WT4E

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 10, 2020, 09:44:41 PM
Killeeshil v Drumragh
Gleann Éalla v Cookstown
Eskra Emmetts v Kildress
Drumquin v Cill na mBán.
Derrytresk v Urney
Fianna Oileá v Brockagh

Killeeshil/Drumragh game toughest to call IMO, followed by Brackaville/Clann na nGael. Kildress should have just about enough to see off Eskra and I don't think Glenelly will stop Cookstown. Brocagh/Coalisland Thirds will be novel but unlike the league tie I'd expect the loughshore men to win. Urney, Drumquin & the Derg to round off the weekend.

Edit: Not to forget that the club hurling finals are also on Saturday - Naomh Columcille vs. Omagh in the Junior tie and Carrickmore vs. Dungannon in the Senior. I'll go for an eastern double here.

Clann na Gael will see off Brackaville handy. looks they have packed up the tent for the year. Neither seniors nor reserves fielded in the last game.

Cookstown the team to beat this year.... looks like they are being proved right... have been saying they too good for junior since beginning of the year!

TwoUpTwoDown

Killeeshil v Drumragh
Gleann Éalla v Cookstown
Eskra Emmetts v Kildress
Drumquin v Cill na mBán.
Derrytresk v Urney
Fianna Oileá v Brockagh

I think Glenelly will run Cookstown very close, and genuinely think there could be a surprise there. Also think there could be extra time required for Derrytresk and Coalisland wins. Expecting Drumquin and the Derg to win handsomely. Neither Killyman or Errigal have offered much this year.

Unlike others I dont think there is a clear favourite for the championship, I'd back Killdress if I had to pick one.

Knock Yer Mucker In

I have been thinking about the Errigal team and why they are not playing effective football. You may well argue it is effective as they were in last years final and this years semi final. But I think they are not reaching their potential. They are playing a brand of football that almost mimics Tyrone and it doesn't suit them. Pascal Canavan had them the last three years and I think Peter had them for a couple of years before that and they place defensive packed defensive football and for me Errigal are trapped in this model. They predominately hand pass the ball with any kick pass being 30m at most. I don't think it suits them. Playing Harte in the forwards only contributes to how slow they transfer the ball from defence to the forward line, he needs to be in the hb line to ensure the transition is quicker. No doubt young Canavan is a loss, but similar to the county final last year he wouldn't see the ball much due to the lack of kicking the ball and the slow movement of the ball from defence to attack. he continually faces a wall of defenders. They need a shift in their football strategy I think to reach the promised land.

Angelo

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 11, 2020, 10:21:38 AM
I have been thinking about the Errigal team and why they are not playing effective football. You may well argue it is effective as they were in last years final and this years semi final. But I think they are not reaching their potential. They are playing a brand of football that almost mimics Tyrone and it doesn't suit them. Pascal Canavan had them the last three years and I think Peter had them for a couple of years before that and they place defensive packed defensive football and for me Errigal are trapped in this model. They predominately hand pass the ball with any kick pass being 30m at most. I don't think it suits them. Playing Harte in the forwards only contributes to how slow they transfer the ball from defence to the forward line, he needs to be in the hb line to ensure the transition is quicker. No doubt young Canavan is a loss, but similar to the county final last year he wouldn't see the ball much due to the lack of kicking the ball and the slow movement of the ball from defence to attack. he continually faces a wall of defenders. They need a shift in their football strategy I think to reach the promised land.

They seem to lack a real physical presence or at least don't play with any real sort of aggression.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Club boi

Killeeshil v Drumragh
Gleann Éalla v Cookstown
Eskra Emmetts v Kildress
Drumquin v Cill na mBán.
Derrytresk v Urney
Fianna Oileá v Brockagh

Hurling -
Naomh Columcille vs. Omagh 
Carrickmore vs. Dungannon

LeoMc

Quote from: Angelo on September 11, 2020, 10:27:29 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 11, 2020, 10:21:38 AM

They seem to lack a real physical presence or at least don't play with any real sort of aggression.
You would think Harte in the full forward line would give them someone to kick it to.
They had him at MF 2 years ago and HB last year and were just as negative.

Under Lights

Drumragh cause the first shock of the weekend

TwoUpTwoDown

Didn't see that one coming at all. Fair play to them. They were good value for their win.

square_ball

I wouldn't have classed that result as a shock at all. Drumragh have been decent enough the last few years in division 3 and going pretty well this year too (without reading too much into this years league form). It would have been a 50/50 game I would have thought.

trueblue1234

Great result. Young team there now for Drumragh.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

WT4E

What age is the fella Haughey who played well in defensive role last night? Looks a bit older and dodgy knees but was veyr important for the Sarsfields.

With Kileeshil gone Cookstown will really fancy it now - party being organised in Mulligans already I hear!

square_ball

Quote from: WT4E on September 12, 2020, 12:08:06 PM
What age is the fella Haughey who played well in defensive role last night? Looks a bit older and dodgy knees but was veyr important for the Sarsfields.

With Kileeshil gone Cookstown will really fancy it now - party being organised in Mulligans already I hear!

All playing for runners up to Kildress I reckon. Though I see Peter Hughes named in the eskra side for today's match. Could be interesting.

delgany

He'd be about 30 /31

trueblue1234

Quote from: delgany on September 12, 2020, 02:36:32 PM

He'd be about 30 /31

32. Was captain of the Brothers team that won Hogan in 2007.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit