All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 23, 2016, 08:35:34 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 23, 2016, 08:07:22 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 23, 2016, 12:44:36 PM
Quote from: winghalfun on September 23, 2016, 12:25:36 PM
Just out of interest, are there many neutrals on here wanting the Dubs to win or am I the only one?

Not many I'd guess - but that's understandable.

I d say the rest of Connacht would be 50/50. Roscommon 70/30 for Dublin.
I'd say Sligo is even worse.

They hide it better though. The Connies and Lowland Galway hide it better still because they are looking down from ivory towers with old money in the bank. Syrerus above gives us a good ould grounding. Pisses on this Mayo team.
There are more people in Connacht hoping that Mayo lose than there is in Dublin hoping they win.
I can understand where they are coming from and happy out with that.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tommy123 on September 23, 2016, 08:32:00 PM
8) 8) 8) 8)i see a few mayo fans with a issue with dublin im in roscommon and i say the dubs never said they where great .its the media who hike all this  rubbish on dublin causing a situation where aggression comes out on the dublin team.i lived in dublin for years and they where so good to me with  fre housing a job and i never met  abuse from any of them . if mayo win on saturday the media especially those  idiots on panel  will be calling dublin a spent force they are finnished and so on they have no respect for any only who is winning on the day. dublin have notting against mayo the papers use all this rubbish to get them at one anothers throat s.remember too dublin just defended themselves like any team would in a rough game .i think too the ref sent  a lad of for a good shoulder charg  it was wrong. mayo have a youunger forward line to win this game ,and i think it could be the sam for them if they calm down and play like they did against  tipperary and tyrone .no need for rough stuff .but i cant see dublin playing with so much nerves again .illgo for  dublin  just because of this ganging up on them by rest  remember too theres hundredsof thounds  country  folk are making a living there  and should therefore respect that befor spitting vmon on dublin shame on all those who do. i wand dublin to win for this very reason . tommy from tulsk roscommon

True about plenty of country folk living and working in Dublin. I'm not going getting into an economic/political debate with you about it though.  Hard enough to read your post.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

manfromdelmonte

there is always less hype around a replay

I hope its a better game the next day.

Ballaghman

Quote from: Rudi on September 23, 2016, 09:23:43 PM
A Rossie here, I would always have shouted for Mayo once they got out of Connacht. I admire the teams they have produced pretty much since they beat us in 1985. Their supporters always passionate and not sunshine like the Galway ones. However they really do tend to be the first and last to step on our necks any time we shoot ourselves in the feet, which sadly is far too often in our case. Bad experience with a considerable portion of their supporters at the recent Connacht U21 as well. They really do seem to be preoccupied with us, which is difficult to understand as they have regularly kicked our holes at almost every level for the past 30 years. I ain't proud of it but for the reasons mentioned above I could no longer wish them well, even when they are playing a super power like Dublin.
Ah the classic 'I used to support you but now I don't' line. Rudi, for starters you have your chain of events backwards. From my experience, for most Mayo people Roscommon are an absolute irrelevance. Saying that Mayo are preoccupied with Ross is bordering on delusion. On the border yes it's true but elsewhere it isn't.
Having said that, considering Roscommon's lack of success it's amazing how many Galway and Sligo people I know that despise the football team. It's really us they should hate but ourselves and Galway have a healthy 'respect' for each other and as someone said Sligo are probably better at hiding their hatred for us. You lads are genuinely obsessed with Mayo and give us every reason to dish it back to you, I know that better than most. However, at the risk of sounding like a 12 year old 'you started it'!
One thing I know, these last few weeks Roscommon hasn't been on Mayo's radar too much, can Ross say the same about us!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Ballaghman on September 24, 2016, 09:32:48 AM
A Rossie here, I would always have shouted for Mayo once they got out of Connacht. I admire the teams they have produced pretty much since they beat us in 1985. Their supporters always passionate and not sunshine like the Galway ones. However they really do tend to be the first and last to step on our necks any time we shoot ourselves in the feet, which sadly is far too often in our case. Bad experience with a considerable portion of their supporters at the recent Connacht U21 as well. They really do seem to be preoccupied with us, which is difficult to understand as they have regularly kicked our holes at almost every level for the past 30 years. I ain't proud of it but for the reasons mentioned above I could no longer wish them well, even when they are playing a super power like Dublin.
Ah the classic 'I used to support you but now I don't' line. Rudi, for starters you have your chain of events backwards. From my experience, for most Mayo people Roscommon are an absolute irrelevance. Saying that Mayo are preoccupied with Ross is bordering on delusion. On the border yes it's true but elsewhere it isn't.
Having said that, considering Roscommon's lack of success it's amazing how many Galway and Sligo people I know that despise the football team. It's really us they should hate but ourselves and Galway have a healthy 'respect' for each other and as someone said Sligo are probably better at hiding their hatred for us. You lads are genuinely obsessed with Mayo and give us every reason to dish it back to you, I know that better than most. However, at the risk of sounding like a 12 year old 'you started it'!
One thing I know, these last few weeks Roscommon hasn't been on Mayo's radar too much, can Ross say the same about us!
Yeah, we have a shower of head bangers on here but they don't tell the full story.
I haven't been west since the semifinal so I haven't passed through Roscommon since then. But in other years I was touched by the support the non-Ballagh Rossies were giving us.  There were plenty of Mayo flags along the road, going through Frenchpark and Tulsk etc.
The bro's missus told me she passed through Roscommon town last week and there were a good few green and red flags to be seen.
Deep down, I do like Roscommon since the days of Dermot Earley. Maybe I should go to confession and confess my sins: I just can't resist rising some of the Rossie buckos we have here. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 24, 2016, 09:47:25 AM
Quote from: Ballaghman on September 24, 2016, 09:32:48 AM
Yeah, we have a shower of head bangers on here but they don't tell the full story.
I haven't been west since the semifinal so I haven't passed through Roscommon since then. But in other years I was touched by the support the non-Ballagh Rossies were giving us.  There were plenty of Mayo flags along the road, going through Frenchpark and Tulsk etc.
The bro's missus told me she passed through Roscommon town last week and there were a good few green and red flags to be seen.
Deep down, I do like Roscommon since the days of Dermot Earley. Maybe I should go to confession and confess my sins: I just can't resist rising some of the Rossie buckos we have here. ;D

Loved the Rossie 80's team. Remember being really depressed when they lost the '80 final! A lot of the flags in FrenchPark and Tulsk are probably Mayo people Married into or living in Roscommon. It's only over the border?

Rossfan

Must be awful to hate your own fellow County people Ballaghrhu!!!

Plenty of Co Mayo people live around Roscommon and aren't slow to fly the oul' Rhu flag.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

criostlinn

Right. Im heading to knock today to do a few novenas. I need a bit of advice. After reading about how the poor dub forwards struggle with the rain I was thinking going all in for rain next Sunday but I was wondering about a back up plan. What about a good gust of wind. How would the greatest forward line ever assembled handle this. Or anyone got any other ideas of something I could pray for that may give of some chance of staying within 10 points of them

seafoid

I think the Ros thing is more begrudgery/Schadenfreude/small man syndrome than hatred.
Ros have been away from the top table for so long.  A lot of it has to do with economics.

There was an article about occupied Ballaghaderreen in the IT a few weeks ago. Small towns have been hammered and Ros didn't have a big population to start off with . Boyle and Castlerea would have a similar story

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/another-ireland-ballaghaderreen-struggles-to-restore-fortunes-1.2787507
A keen local historian, Mary remembers with vivid detail the liveliness of the town when she was younger. On Station Road nearby "there were 40 kids at any one time. It was a terrific place to grow up."
Now there is just one family on nearby Tay Street (Market Street), the hub on fair days, with cattle on the street and pubs serving food and drink. All "killed off by health and safety. They took off to [the mart in] Castlerea. And John Joe Coleman's on the Square with his Irel coffee, condensed milk, and a block of cheese on Friday's," she said.
Across the street from Gallagher's were two large department stores, Flannery's and Duff's, with another, Gordon's, on the corner. The department stores had grocery shops, drapery with tailor-made suits, elaborate dresses, millinery, footwear, hardware, bakeries, bars, bottling plants. There was Bill Greaney's pub, Kenny's "which was like Disneyland at Christmas, and the Delia Murphy records. The magic of it".
All gone now

They won all Irelands when there was money in those towns
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: criostlinn on September 24, 2016, 10:37:21 AM
Right. Im heading to knock today to do a few novenas. I need a bit of advice. After reading about how the poor dub forwards struggle with the rain I was thinking going all in for rain next Sunday but I was wondering about a back up plan. What about a good gust of wind. How would the greatest forward line ever assembled handle this. Or anyone got any other ideas of something I could pray for that may give of some chance of staying within 10 points of them
Pray for journalists to praise them incessantly
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Lightning to strike the football as soon as every Dub has a shot.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Hill is Blue

Pray that Mayo can summon up the intensity with which they played the last day - not an easy ask. I suspect that if they can't do that they're snookered.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Captain Obvious

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 24, 2016, 09:22:34 AM
there is always less hype around a replay

I hope its a better game the next day.
The main hope any neutral should have. The last game was tight tense and in the balance to the very end however it was far from a great game like some have suggested. IMO the overall quality and standard was low and the rain wasn't all to do with that. If both teams play to potential this day week it could be a great game as its hyped to be.

Ballaghman

Quote from: seafoid on September 24, 2016, 10:46:47 AM
I think the Ros thing is more begrudgery/Schadenfreude/small man syndrome than hatred.
Ros have been away from the top table for so long.  A lot of it has to do with economics.

There was an article about occupied Ballaghaderreen in the IT a few weeks ago. Small towns have been hammered and Ros didn't have a big population to start off with . Boyle and Castlerea would have a similar story

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/another-ireland-ballaghaderreen-struggles-to-restore-fortunes-1.2787507

They won all Irelands when there was money in those towns
I get your greater point but incorrect on the last line. Ballagh's decline has hurt Mayo football not Ross. We just have more big towns and a bigger population to take the hit I guess.

Anyway, as someone said this is the AIF thread so back to the real issue in hand. Off I go to do a rain dance and then on to Knock to pray for more 'intinsity'