All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

So who is going to win the replay. I think the dubs will do it this time as they just had there off day for the 2016 season.

Jinxy

I'm genuinely looking forward to this.
Different atmosphere under lights plus the crowd will have an extra couple of hours to lubricate their tonsils in the pub.
I remember the buzz around town for the Clare v Cork hurling replay so I'm hoping for more of the same.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Greenabovethered

The Duds are a busted flush at this stage. Mentally broken. The petulant kick by one of the Dublin players on a Mayo player jogging off after the final whistle spoke volumes. Mayo to win comfortably in the reply.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Greenabovethered on September 21, 2016, 11:30:28 AM
The Duds are a busted flush at this stage. Mentally broken. The petulant kick by one of the Dublin players on a Mayo player jogging off after the final whistle spoke volumes. Mayo to win comfortably in the reply.

Yeah but the Dubs are still a great team that showed great fortitude to reel Kerry in in the second half of the Semi and surely they will be well able to help out the Duds in the replay?? ;D

iorras

Yeah that was the greatest game of all time. Its a pity Mayo didn't have the mental fortitude to reel the Dubs in with 2 minutes of injury time.

Oh wait, sorry, almost forgot my place there. Must practice the mantra  again, "Dublin greatest team of all time, Kerry second greatest and were only beaten because they played the greatest team of all time, and didn't choke even though they were 5 points up at half time, Mayo bottlers with no character."

Will practice before I post again, apologies all.

macdanger2

Feeling more confident facing into this than I was before the game on Sunday but the bookies are rarely wrong twice so @ 5/2 we'll need to reproduce that performance + 20% and get the rub of the green that we so badly missed on Sunday.

Before Sunday we (the supporters) were just hoping based on 2015 performances that we could match Dublin but now we know that it's possible and if it's possible to match them, then it's possible to beat them.

Dublin to "under-perform" again and Mayo to win by a 1 point, Jason Doc to get MOTM

moysider

The last day was a mad and great game in many respects. The replay could be something similar or something very different.

Good luck to those trying to make sense of it all and making predictions. Predictions for first game were so off the mark. Yet it wont stop the same pundits predicting a similar scenario for the replay. Most will go still go along with their original take on things.
If you look at the recent championship meetings between the two teams, there has been damn all in it. Is it one win each and two draws since 2012. Yet odds and pundits make it look like Mill Reef against a donkey.
The only important form is Mayo v Dublin last few years and not the pasting Dublin give other teams.
I understand why Dublin were nailed on last Sunday. Apart from a workmanlike win over Tyrone, we had no form worth talking about going into an AI final. We produced a bit extra last Sunday so the form issue is no longer a stumbling block. The team performed as well as Dublin performed. The élan that Dublin produced against other teams is irrelevant in this context.
That is not to say that Dublin wont hit a streak and win well the next day. A lot can happen the next day and a lot could be bizarre again. But is very much a Dublin/ Mayo issue and everything else they may have done recently against other opposition  is irrelevant.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

westbound

I wouldn't read too much into the bookies odds for the replay.

The bookies will have the match priced based on how much they stand to lose if Dublin or Mayo win the All Ireland and not based on who they think will win a one off stand alone match between the two teams.

There will have been a lot more money put on Dublin during the year for the All Ireland than on Mayo so the bookies will be trying to cover some of this potential loss.

The Hill is Blue

The irrational exuberance of some Mayo supporters is beginning to have a Groundhog Day feel about it. It's just over a year since our last replay with Mayo and we all know how that worked out.

Deja vu all over again.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Welcome back GreenaboveRed. Where have you been all this time? The Dubs looked far flushed going into the home straight 3 points up. For a busted flush they came very close to retaining their title. Dublin are in the final a deserve respect. Throw away comments do yourself or you fellow comrades no favours.

Canalman

Chatting to alot of non/ casual interest in  GAA people over the last few days. Seemed to be an awful lot of them going into town for the evening . Regardless of result, reckon town will be hopping that Saturday.

winghalfun

Just out of interest, are there many neutrals on here wanting the Dubs to win or am I the only one?

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on September 23, 2016, 12:20:47 PM
Chatting to alot of non/ casual interest in  GAA people over the last few days. Seemed to be an awful lot of them going into town for the evening . Regardless of result, reckon town will be hopping that Saturday.

The bus strike might screw that up unfortunately.
MWWSI 2017