Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Volvo is ur car for 3 bady seats in tne back

GJL

Quote from: Apparently so on November 02, 2014, 06:17:16 AM
Right, so my car started making this awful snapping bang.kindl of noise when I turn the steering whee. Its especially bad when I turn left. Sounds if something is trying to snap apart in the front.left . Any ideas? Inside of the left tyre is worn away to.nothing but the car ia still driving ok
Possibly a broken coil spring or top suspension mount bearing.

nrico2006

Had an issue last week with my car, basically told that it was the injectors (Mondeo).  Subsequently got them replaced and recoded, and received the car yesterday.  The glow plug icon flashes for a while while the engine management light stays on.  Mechanic has said that this should sort itself out within a few weeks of driving as the ECU needs to relearn.  The code coming up was something related to the key programming.  The car does not start on first attempt but always starts on the second.  When the engine management light is on the car seems to perform not as well, is this an expected reaction and is the car simply in safe mode due to the management light being on?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 06, 2014, 12:47:54 PM
Had an issue last week with my car, basically told that it was the injectors (Mondeo).  Subsequently got them replaced and recoded, and received the car yesterday.  The glow plug icon flashes for a while while the engine management light stays on.  Mechanic has said that this should sort itself out within a few weeks of driving as the ECU needs to relearn.  The code coming up was something related to the key programming.  The car does not start on first attempt but always starts on the second.  When the engine management light is on the car seems to perform not as well, is this an expected reaction and is the car simply in safe mode due to the management light being on?

No idea what is wrong but the bit in bold is nuggets.
When the light is on the car can indeed go into safe mode.

nrico2006

Quote from: GJL on November 06, 2014, 01:54:29 PM

Are you saying that the relearning bit is a pile of dung then?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 06, 2014, 04:25:13 PM

In my opinion,yes. I've never heard of any adaption taking few weeks.

Tony Baloney

If it is TDCi sell it at the earliest available opportunity. This is only the start of your troubles.

GJL

Quote from: TabClear on November 15, 2014, 02:57:55 PM
Hoping for some advice here from GJL, (or anyone else!).

I'm looking to change the car shortly. Looking at buying a 3-4 year old BMW 3 Series with less than 60000 miles.
A couple of peoplpe have told me I should be looking to buy it in England and bring it home as there are plenty over there and the savings could be significant.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in this and has any advice? My main concern is that I am spending a decent amount on the car and if there are any problems I cannot just turn up on the dealers street.

I'm buying in England on a weekly basis from sources that I have built up a trust with. PM me with what you are looking for and I'll give you an idea of price.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 15, 2014, 04:26:01 PM

If it is TDCi sell it at the earliest available opportunity. This is only the start of your troubles.

Whys that?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 17, 2014, 08:18:20 AM

Whys that?
Well maybe the injectors will do the trick but I had a real bad run on my old Focus. Injectors, positioning sensors, flywheel etc. all in the space of a few months.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 17, 2014, 09:00:20 AM

Whys that?
Well maybe the injectors will do the trick but I had a real bad run on my old Focus. Injectors, positioning sensors, flywheel etc. all in the space of a few months.

Jeesus, thats rough.  Its actually nearly better now, seemingly fitting the mechanics idea that the ecu needed to relearn.  However, as they are under warranty I am leaving it back with him tomorrow and they are replacing the solenoids on the injectors.  Mondeos are notorious for starter/flywheel/clutch problems so I made sure I enquired that these were replaced in the mondeo before I got it.  Fingers crossed.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 17, 2014, 09:10:40 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 17, 2014, 09:00:20 AM

Whys that?

Jeesus, thats rough.  Its actually nearly better now, seemingly fitting the mechanics idea that the ecu needed to relearn.  However, as they are under warranty I am leaving it back with him tomorrow and they are replacing the solenoids on the injectors.  Mondeos are notorious for starter/flywheel/clutch problems so I made sure I enquired that these were replaced in the mondeo before I got it.  Fingers crossed.
Hopefully you're sorted. I went to Lindsay's when mine first went and even with diagnostics they charged me a grand and it still wasn't fixed  >:(

snoopdog

Lindsay are horrible to deal with. I got a Mazda 6 of them, would never go near them again. they wouldnt do anything for you.
i bought used and the boot lid went off line a bit, they refused to fix it for free said they couldnt prove it hadnt been hit even though i bought it from them. never again will i darken their door or anyone i hear of going to them.

Farrandeelin

Due to my own stupidity, I reversed into a pillar this morning while heading off to work. :-[ Noticeable damage done to the car. What my question is, would a garage fix the problem or would I have to go to another repair centre? I feel like an idiot all day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 17, 2014, 03:36:37 PM
Due to my own stupidity, I reversed into a pillar this morning while heading off to work. :-[ Noticeable damage done to the car. What my question is, would a garage fix the problem or would I have to go to another repair centre? I feel like an idiot all day.

I suspect the latter (bodyshop) would be cheaper.

MWWSI 2017