Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

In hiding

Ah lads you're all wile craic.
I heard this, I heard that.
They have won 1 all Ireland from 2 attempts.
Fairly decent return to be fair

Jim Bob

Tyrone11234

Yes they beat Donegal Monaghan Kerry and Mayo last year due to lack of training and intensity....

Jim Bob

God14 why did you delete that post ?

NotedObserver

Quote from: God14 on January 02, 2023, 06:35:49 PM
It'll prob take a year or two to come out, but fairly amateurush set up is what I am hearing time & again. Won Sam and earned huge credit, by making some genuine excellent tweaks to an existing set up.
I have little faith in current management arrangement to be honest. Some really underwhelming reports

Joint managers... Really?
[/quot

Is this true? Seems a good line up of coaches behind dooher and logan

trailer

Harte fanboys on the march I see. His cult knows no ends.

Redhand Santa

I know it's only a McKenna Cup (but it was same throughout league and championship last year) but should the PRO not be pushing to get a line up/squad out for these games. Help get a bit of media coverage and discussion which could get a few more through the gates. If someone was making their debut tomorrow night it could get a few more club members in attendance if new in advance. I see full details on all the players called into the Kerry panel widely available.

RedHand88

It'll prob take a year or two to come out, but fairly amateurush set up is what I am hearing time & again. Won Sam and earned huge credit, by making some genuine excellent tweaks to an existing set up.
I have little faith in current management arrangement to be honest. Some really underwhelming reports

Only one manager in reality is what I've heard.

In hiding

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 03, 2023, 06:14:28 PM

If one of the two is more dominant than the other, is that an issue ?

People love to get annoyed about sh#t

No one complained when they won the All Ireland

square_ball

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 03, 2023, 06:14:28 PM

Which one?

Looking forward to the season ahead. I'd be expecting a reaction to last years performances for sure.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

The danger with giving out no information is that it can leave a vacuum that people fill with the kind of rumours on the previous page. It might only be the McKenna Cup but some info on the panel should have been announced before now.

Will be very interesting to see who is on the panel and how Tyrone do in the McKenna Cup. I wouldn't be so harsh on the management and team about last season. They won an unexpected but well deserved All Ireland - the culmination of years of work for a lot of men on the team - and rightly celebrated it. With the US trip and early start to the season they rolled straight into the new campaign, made a slow start and never got any momentum thereafter. As disappointing as it was, it was understandable.

It's a different scenario now and after a few months away from the inter county scene and with some excellent young players coming through Tyrone should be looking to do much better in the months ahead. I wouldn't be expecting them to be flying at this stage but hopefully we can use these games to try and set ourselves up for the league starting. In truth Tyrone were a bit of a shambles in the McKenna Cup last year.

As for the management team, obviously a big year for them but again, but for the changes they made in 2021 there was no way Tyrone would have won that All Ireland. Even if this season was to be a disaster they have already delivered a huge achievement, but the fact they did that and they way they did gives me hope that they can put last year behind them and kick on this season.

Mikhailov

https://ulster.gaa.ie/tv/

Shockingly poor social media coverage of the McKenna Cup from all concerned - Tyrone GAA, Ulster GAA....

No teams, no panels, only found this link by pure chance on another board page

Surely the Ulster GAA can publicise their competitions better than this! Even tell all counties to release panels prior to the competition starting to let public know who is on squad

southtyronegael

Huge year coming up lads. I drew a line under last year fairly  quickly so I expect a different vibe this year.  Good luck to all involved but would be nice to know  who some of them  are.lol. very poor pr from  County board regarding  panels and stuff.