NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: Average Score on March 12, 2022, 10:43:27 PM
Quote from: befair on March 12, 2022, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 12, 2022, 10:14:02 PM
Quote from: LCohen on March 12, 2022, 10:08:52 PM
I have never posted a word of criticism about a referee before. And my team ran out comfortable enough winners tonight and are guaranteed Division 1 football next year. But I genuinely have no faith in McQuillan as a referee.

I know there is the "Dublin Joe" nonsense and the armagh fans in front of me seemed to think Joe has a vendetta against us. I think all of that is nonsense. But any assessor tonight would have to conclude he is simply a poor referee.

He is borderline a disgrace, has been for years.

Sure, blame the ref.

For being incompetent, eh yes. He is buck useless.

While it is only the last game I can remember him reffing he did a brilliant job of the All Ireland between us and Dublin in 2017.

Gael85

Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2022, 10:03:00 PM
Any harrying from the Kerry defence is going to be called the Tally effect, it seems.

Kerry got away with a lot of tactical fouling tonight and have done so for years. If usually portrayed by the kerry yerra brigade as laying down a marker nonsense. Will take a strong referee to action against them in big games later in year.

Wildweasel74

Kerry still totally reliant on Clifford. Hold him and Kerry are beatable. Kerry team of the 00's had other scoring options if Cooper was held.

Hound

Strongest team yet (on paper) named by the Dubs.

Also McCarthy and Costello expected to be involved having both played for their respective clubs last weekend. Con still injured.

Conditions in Omagh expected to be tough!

Armagh18

Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2022, 10:20:16 PM
I think he does alright for most of the game usually. But he seems to suffer from head staggers and actually gets ratty himself with teams if they question him at all, then tries to make up for it.

That long ball into Rian O'Neill sends shivers down defenders. You can hear the anticipation from the crowd.

It'll be interesting who Donegal put on him in the USFC if posted at FF.
McQuillan is woeful. Poor for both sides, couple of times balls were touched on the ground and nothing given.

Actually thought Rian was poor enough by his standards, as was Flynn.

Tiernan Kelly hit one or 2 class balls into Rian that could and probably should have been goals.

Gael85

Quote from: Hound on March 13, 2022, 06:27:58 AM

Strongest team yet (on paper) named by the Dubs.

Also McCarthy and Costello expected to be involved having both played for their respective clubs last weekend. Con still injured.

Conditions in Omagh expected to be tough!

Any word on Peadar O'Cofaigh Byrne? Would expect McCarthy in for Lahiff and Costello for A.Byrne or Rock. Think Gannon could start too if not injured.

Farrandeelin

Joe Brolly having his 'kick Mayo while losing' craic again I see. Was the football that bad last night?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 13, 2022, 10:24:42 AM
Joe Brolly having his 'kick Mayo while losing' craic again I see. Was the football that bad last night?

You're worse for reacting to it. ignore him, most people have seen him for what he is.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

omagh_gael

Another horrible blustery day up here, every game in the league we've played been like this now.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on March 13, 2022, 10:33:00 AM

You're worse for reacting to it. ignore him, most people have seen him for what he is.

I know, I should know better but every single time he puts the boot into us despite living in the county.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 13, 2022, 10:39:37 AM

I know, I should know better but every single time he puts the boot into us despite living in the county.

Just read it. Think you boys are being a wee bit over sensitive.

Came across to me as him having a go at both teams and the general state of the game today. He lambasted Kerry for their defense-first play and general ignoring of Clifford.

Halfquarter

Exactly, starve him of oxygen, he has passed his sell by date.

omagh_gael

Still a bit blowy up here but not as bad as previous weeks. For every ying there's a yang...if weather not going to ruin it I've just noticed who the referee is, ffs.

Average Score

Quote from: Halfquarter on March 13, 2022, 12:02:39 PM

Exactly, starve him of oxygen, he has passed his sell by date.

But keep talking about him. ;D

J70

f**k me I thought Donegal were bad in the first half against Tyrone. This is a whole other level.

I know it's a seriously weakened Donegal team, but they look utterly clueless so far. No tackling, getting outmuscled repeatedly,  wild, speculative shots...