NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Problem is they don't have the forwards and depend on Durcan and to a lesser extent keegan for scores. Second last Kerry free wasn't a free tbh. Last Mayo free too for me was a foul but most refs wouldn't give it.

pbat

RTE just showed a league table with Mayo above Armagh, Mayo on 7pts +9, Armagh 7pts +14.

They don't even try to hide the northern bias now.

imtommygunn

Maybe they think it's head to head not score difference? It's that in the hurling so probably is in the football...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2022, 09:24:27 PM
Maybe they think it's head to head not score difference? It's that in the hurling so probably is in the football...

It is.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gael85

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2022, 09:24:27 PM

Yes goes on head between 2 teams.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on March 12, 2022, 09:17:24 PM
Kerry v Mayo a very even game. But Durcan and Keegan are backs for a reason. 3 wides between them at the death. From a distance but all very getable. While they are both great players, we often forget that if they were good at shooting, they'd be forwards. Magic half backs, but Mayo forwards need to take some responsibility and go for some scores.

What was head-scratching from my point of view was how we took off a forward who had scored 3 points from play a couple of minutes earlier and replaced him with another who had no impact at all. As you said Hound, those wides were within shooting and scoring range.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: pbat on March 12, 2022, 09:22:37 PM
RTE just showed a league table with Mayo above Armagh, Mayo on 7pts +9, Armagh 7pts +14.

Don't let the facts get in the way of the bag o spuds on the shoulder 🙄
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gael85

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 12, 2022, 09:30:10 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 12, 2022, 09:17:24 PM
Kerry v Mayo a very even game. But Durcan and Keegan are backs for a reason. 3 wides between them at the death. From a distance but all very getable. While they are both great players, we often forget that if they were good at shooting, they'd be forwards. Magic half backs, but Mayo forwards need to take some responsibility and go for some scores.

What was head-scratching from my point of view was how we took off a forward who had scored 3 points from play a couple of minutes earlier and replaced him with another who had no impact at all. As you said Hound, those wides were within shooting and scoring range.

Thought was harsh on Orme been taken off too. Kicked a nice point.

ONeill

Any harrying from the Kerry defence is going to be called the Tally effect, it seems.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rudi

Quote from: pbat on March 12, 2022, 09:22:37 PM

Head to head Mayo beat Armagh ?

LCohen

I have never posted a word of criticism about a referee before. And my team ran out comfortable enough winners tonight and are guaranteed Division 1 football next year. But I genuinely have no faith in McQuillan as a referee.

I know there is the "Dublin Joe" nonsense and the armagh fans in front of me seemed to think Joe has a vendetta against us. I think all of that is nonsense. But any assessor tonight would have to conclude he is simply a poor referee.

Average Score

Quote from: LCohen on March 12, 2022, 10:08:52 PM
I have never posted a word of criticism about a referee before. And my team ran out comfortable enough winners tonight and are guaranteed Division 1 football next year. But I genuinely have no faith in McQuillan as a referee.

I know there is the "Dublin Joe" nonsense and the armagh fans in front of me seemed to think Joe has a vendetta against us. I think all of that is nonsense. But any assessor tonight would have to conclude he is simply a poor referee.

He is borderline a disgrace, has been for years.

befair

Quote from: Average Score on March 12, 2022, 10:14:02 PM

Sure, blame the ref.

ONeill

I think he does alright for most of the game usually. But he seems to suffer from head staggers and actually gets ratty himself with teams if they question him at all, then tries to make up for it.

That long ball into Rian O'Neill sends shivers down defenders. You can hear the anticipation from the crowd.

It'll be interesting who Donegal put on him in the USFC if posted at FF.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Average Score

Quote from: befair on March 12, 2022, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 12, 2022, 10:14:02 PM

Sure, blame the ref.

For being incompetent, eh yes. He is buck useless.