Cunny Funt

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 10, 2022, 11:18:43 AM
Mayo (NFL Division One v Kerry, 12/3/2022):

1. Rob Hennelly (Breaffy)

2. Padraig O'Hora (Ballina Stephenites)

3. Lee Keegan (Westport)

4. Michael Plunkett (Ballintubber)

5. Paddy Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)

6. Stephen Coen (Hollymount/Carramore) (Captain)

7. Oisín Mullin (Kilmaine)

8. Jordan Flynn (Crossmolina Deel Rovers)

9. Matthew Ruane (Breaffy)

10. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)

11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)

12. Jack Carney (Kilmeena)

13. Fergal Boland (Aghamore)

14. Aiden Orme (Knockmore)

15. Ryan O'Donoghue (Belmullet).

Subs: Rory Byrne (Castlebar Mitchels), Donnacha McHugh (Castlebar Mitchels), Brendan Harrison (Aghamore), Enda Hession (Garrymore), David McBrien (Ballaghaderreen), Conor O'Shea (Breaffy), Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore), Paul Towey (Charlestown Sarsfields), Fionn McDonagh (Westport), Conor Loftus (Crossmolina Deel Rovers), Frank Irwin (Ballina Stephenites).

Around 11 or 12 of that team will likely start the championship encounter v Galway.

Wasn't this Kerry game earmarked as the return of Cillian O'Connor and did Jason Doherty get another injury setback?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 10, 2022, 12:08:24 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on March 10, 2022, 11:18:43 AM
Mayo (NFL Division One v Kerry, 12/3/2022):

1. Rob Hennelly (Breaffy)

2. Padraig O'Hora (Ballina Stephenites)

3. Lee Keegan (Westport)

4. Michael Plunkett (Ballintubber)

5. Paddy Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)

6. Stephen Coen (Hollymount/Carramore) (Captain)

7. Oisín Mullin (Kilmaine)

8. Jordan Flynn (Crossmolina Deel Rovers)

9. Matthew Ruane (Breaffy)

10. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)

11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)

12. Jack Carney (Kilmeena)

13. Fergal Boland (Aghamore)

14. Aiden Orme (Knockmore)

15. Ryan O'Donoghue (Belmullet).

Subs: Rory Byrne (Castlebar Mitchels), Donnacha McHugh (Castlebar Mitchels), Brendan Harrison (Aghamore), Enda Hession (Garrymore), David McBrien (Ballaghaderreen), Conor O'Shea (Breaffy), Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore), Paul Towey (Charlestown Sarsfields), Fionn McDonagh (Westport), Conor Loftus (Crossmolina Deel Rovers), Frank Irwin (Ballina Stephenites).

Around 11 or 12 of that team will likely start the championship encounter v Galway.

Wasn't this Kerry game earmarked as the return of Cillian O'Connor and did Jason Doherty get another injury setback?

Last two games of the league was the original target I heard for the return of Cillian and I think Doherty had a hamstring problem after the Monaghan game. Eoghan McLaughlin is missing and I haven't heard if it is injury related or rest or whatever.

Farrandeelin

Surprised DOC isn't at number 11. Horan must have half-back line and midfield 'decided' for championship.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Average Score

Hopefully wind dies down would be awful if O'Shea got blew over by another gust and get some lad a yellow card.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Average Score on March 10, 2022, 09:26:22 PM
Hopefully wind dies down would be awful if O'Shea got blew over by another gust and get some lad a yellow card.

It would, wouldn't it?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 10, 2022, 08:25:37 PM
Surprised DOC isn't at number 11. Horan must have half-back line and midfield 'decided' for championship.

I would say the half forward line is his main worry at the moment as the full forward line will is more than likely O'Donoghue, Orme and O'Connor (when fit).
Half forward line was a problem last year as well. Personally I can't see O'Shea starting unless it is a tight pitch and bad weather but who knows??
I was hoping two of McDonagh/Loftus/Carney/Boland/Irwin would step up and claim the wing forward berths so we could have O'Shea and Kevin Mac off the bench to finish games strongly but so far only Carney had staked a claim in the league.

blanketattack

I'd like to see Aidan O'Shea get MOTM and do well in the next few league and championship games, which will make Horan think he's good enough to start a big Championship game in Croke Park and then inevitably he gives a performance similar to v Tyrone.

Average Score

In fairness he dives like a Tyronie.

Dire Ear

Farrandeelin

Quote from: blanketattack on March 11, 2022, 10:24:39 AM
I'd like to see Aidan O'Shea get MOTM and do well in the next few league and championship games, which will make Horan think he's good enough to start a big Championship game in Croke Park and then inevitably he gives a performance similar to v Tyrone.

I personally would love if he got MOTM in every match Mayo play in for the rest of the summer. Surprised he's starting to be honest. He had a stinker in last year's final surely, and I thought he should have been taken off.

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 11, 2022, 10:15:21 AM

I would say the half forward line is his main worry at the moment as the full forward line will is more than likely O'Donoghue, Orme and O'Connor (when fit).
Half forward line was a problem last year as well. Personally I can't see O'Shea starting unless it is a tight pitch and bad weather but who knows??
I was hoping two of McDonagh/Loftus/Carney/Boland/Irwin would step up and claim the wing forward berths so we could have O'Shea and Kevin Mac off the bench to finish games strongly but so far only Carney had staked a claim in the league.

Agree totally with this. I reckon Boland will go wing forward myself tomorrow but will AOS be on the edge of the square if that happens?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 11, 2022, 03:27:46 PM

I personally would love if he got MOTM in every match Mayo play in for the rest of the summer. Surprised he's starting to be honest. He had a stinker in last year's final surely, and I thought he should have been taken off.

Agree totally with this. I reckon Boland will go wing forward myself tomorrow but will AOS be on the edge of the square if that happens?

He might do although I personally don't think O'Shea is much good inside as he is too easy double teamed. I prefer him in the middle as the defensive mid fielder/worker role.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 11, 2022, 05:15:03 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 11, 2022, 03:27:46 PM

He might do although I personally don't think O'Shea is much good inside as he is too easy double teamed. I prefer him in the middle as the defensive mid fielder/worker role.

Played in a type of sweeper role against Armagh 2nd half and played his role in grabbing a win from the jaws of defeat.

pbat

Is there still semi-finals in the leagues or is it just top two into a final?

Blowitupref

Quote from: pbat on March 11, 2022, 07:24:54 PM
Is there still semi-finals in the leagues or is it just top two into a final?
The latter and that final will be played the first weekend of April.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

pbat