Good article detailing Dublin's unfair funding advantage

Started by TheMaster, February 13, 2019, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on February 23, 2019, 01:45:37 PM
So 64% of GAA officialdom vote to continue to give Dublin 2 home games in the AI Qtr  Final series.
I hope the hoors win 10 in a row.

And attendances drop over the same period.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on February 23, 2019, 01:45:37 PM
So 64% of GAA officialdom vote to continue to give Dublin 2 home games in the AI Qtr  Final series.
I hope the hoors win 10 in a row.

Up to a total of 20 counties harbour no realistic chances of making the Super 8's. That's how many that would need to vote out of 32 to get 64%. The money talks for them. The empire continues to crumble!

Cunny Funt

Did Donegal get the wording wrong on that motion? Should be fairly simple for the grey haired men in suits to understand at congress. Dublin should only be allowed to play one All Ireland quarter final game in Croke park and not two.

larryin89

I'm in disbelief if I'm honest , wtf like. What is wrong with them , has everyone lost their balls in modern Ireland . Lackeys
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on February 23, 2019, 02:27:57 PM
I'm in disbelief if I'm honest , wtf like. What is wrong with them , has everyone lost their balls in modern Ireland . Lackeys

There are corporate boxes that can be sold in Croke Park. There is no other (GAA) ground in the country that offer this. Corporate boxes and giving Dublin home matches are a necessity for the coffers. Despite the propaganda, Dublin fans don't travel in the quantities one would expect. But when it is on their door step they will come out in numbers. 

This decision is not a football decision it is a business decision.

Rossfan

Absolutely appalling decision.
And Kelly trotting out the old fake news about Everyone wants to play Dublin in Croke Park.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maiden1

If the gaa hierarchy said the winners of the each provincial championship get 2 home games in the super 8 they could get what want (i.e. Dublin get 2 home games) without making it obvious that they want the revenue of Dublin having 2 home games.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Crete Boom

Bad decision for the wider Gaa public but committee  men are influenced by income so I thought a smarter wording would have been no nominate the same ground for their home game and neutral game for the quarter final series  which would have been a lot harder to turn down as the GAA could say to Dublin you can always nominate Croker for your home quarter final and say Thurles or Nowlan Park or Pairc Ui Coaimh for their neutral game!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Crete Boom on February 23, 2019, 03:49:50 PM
Bad decision for the wider Gaa public but committee  men are influenced by income so I thought a smarter wording would have been no nominate the same ground for their home game and neutral game for the quarter final series  which would have been a lot harder to turn down as the GAA could say to Dublin you can always nominate Croker for your home quarter final and say Thurles or Nowlan Park or Pairc Ui Coaimh for their neutral game!

This had nothing to do with wording or fairness. You could have worded this what ever way you wanted. 64% Were swayed by money and not being disadvantaged by the rule as their county were less likely to be involved in the Super 8.

RedHand88

I'm in disbelief. What is wrong with these people.

Is there a breakdown of delegates voting by county anywhere?

From the Bunker

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 23, 2019, 04:18:57 PM

Where have you been the last couple of years. The GAA intercounty scene is a slave to Croke Park and Dublin GAA. This started with the Leinster Championship a few years ago and has now moved onto the AI series!

Esmarelda

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 23, 2019, 04:30:39 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 23, 2019, 04:18:57 PM

Where have you been the last couple of years. The GAA intercounty scene is a slave to Croke Park and Dublin GAA. This started with the Leinster Championship a few years ago and has now moved onto the AI series!
I'm the same. I resisted the easy "it's all about money" answer to many of the issues but when you see the vote and the comments of Kelly and the Wexford and Dublin reps I don't have an alternative response.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 23, 2019, 02:43:49 PM

There are corporate boxes that can be sold in Croke Park. There is no other (GAA) ground in the country that offer this. Corporate boxes and giving Dublin home matches are a necessity for the coffers. Despite the propaganda, Dublin fans don't travel in the quantities one would expect. But when it is on their door step they will come out in numbers. 

If you want to blame anyone, blame Cork. Anyone who thinks the GAA will take revenue reducing decisions with a 30ishm hole in the finances is deluded

From the Bunker

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 23, 2019, 05:40:30 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 23, 2019, 02:43:49 PM

If you want to blame anyone, blame Cork. Anyone who thinks the GAA will take revenue reducing decisions with a 30ishm hole in the finances is deluded

Yes Cork are to blame. Fair play to Dublin CEO, John Costello who was totally in favour of Dublin only playing one home game in Croke Park for the Super 8's.

armaghniac

Quote from: Crete Boom on February 23, 2019, 03:49:50 PM

Absolutely. A proposal that the GAA not fix a neutral game at a venue used a home venue in the series, unless both counties agree, would have been the motion.

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 23, 2019, 02:51:03 PM
If the gaa hierarchy said the winners of the each provincial championship get 2 home games in the super 8 they could get what want (i.e. Dublin get 2 home games) without making it obvious that they want the revenue of Dublin having 2 home games.

Surely there are two Provincial champions in each group?
Perhaps the rule could be after 5 or more provincials in a row, that  should ensure Ulster doesn't get it anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B