The Beatles

Started by Olly, July 21, 2023, 11:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on July 22, 2023, 12:17:36 AM
I'm more of a Stones fan tbh

Watching the Stones now, that era was their best, sympathy for the devil video (back in the day) has the Beatles dancing in the music video lol.

Difference for me, and I love the Stones, the Beatles have a music catalog that is nearly endless.

The Stones have about 10 amazing songs the Beatles about 25
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Shamrock Shore

The only thing Billys Boots and I disagreed on was The Beatles.

I'm a massive fan.

Billy - not so much.

In the latter years hearing the various outtakes and studio jamming has been wonderful.
The 'revised' Let it Be fillum was just fantastic.

Dougal Maguire

While my guitar gently weeps
Taxman
Something
Old Brown Shoe
Here comes the sun
Careful now

AustinPowers

I quite like their early  stuff like Day Tripper , Ticket to ride etc. Great riffs

In my life , here comes  the sun ,  let it be are great  tunes.

Lucy in the sky, ob la Di, yellow submarine  are decent tunes ,  but it's just a pity  they weren't off their tits when they were recording  them , otherwise  they'd have sounded a  lot better. Then  again , these tunes probably  only exist because they wrote them  while off their tits.

jcpen

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 22, 2023, 12:16:34 AM
They played in Ireland once.

There's a good museum in Liverpool if anyone is ever over for an Everton or Tranmere match.
Am I allowed to go if I'm over for a Liverpool match ;D
Not Tufll or from Laois

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on July 21, 2023, 11:45:57 PM
I do like an awful lot of Beatlies music. But their only song on my recurring playlist is In My Life.

In My Life?

Sky Sports, Sean Connery, Beatles... Istanbul! 8)

https://youtu.be/mDLSu8VZ8G8

J70

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 22, 2023, 12:16:34 AM
They played in Ireland once.

There's a good museum in Liverpool if anyone is ever over for an Everton or Tranmere match.

;D

I did The Beatles Story museum a few years back when there for a game.

It just happened that a friend of their's from back in the day, Joe Flannery, was doing an appearance at the museum for his book "Standing in the Wings". No one was there! So I felt bad and bought one. Very nice man.

J70

Peter Jackson's Get Back documentary is just brilliant.

An eight hour glimpse into how they went about their business making the Let It Be album, culminating in the rooftop concert.

The John- Paul partnership- for two lads supposedly almost on the outs at the time, they were nearly finishing each other's sentences.

Dougal Maguire

At least 8 of the main characters in the film - George, John, George Martin, Billy Preston, Linda McCartney (who strangely didn't attend the rooftop show) Maureen Starr, Neil Aspinal and Mal Evans are no longer with us.
Careful now