Castlederg

Started by armaghniac, August 09, 2013, 08:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

"On their way to blow up a town". Good to see you're avoiding sensationalism there Maguire.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hardy

Yes, Maguire. Please don't exaggerate. They were on their way to blow up only some of a town.

Wildweasel74

Gerry can hardly lecture to people about orange marches breaking determinations when he says we do what we want regardless, is that not the same attitude of the orange order he bitching about not 2/3 weeks bck?

glens abu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 12, 2013, 08:00:59 PM
Gerry can hardly lecture to people about orange marches breaking determinations when he says we do what we want regardless, is that not the same attitude of the orange order he bitching about not 2/3 weeks bck?

Talking balls again SF didn't break any determination and never at any time say they would.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lawnseed on August 12, 2013, 07:25:26 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 01:05:19 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 11, 2013, 11:36:05 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 11, 2013, 11:31:03 PM
it was great. I could really get into this parading. the bands were class, the uniforms were cool, the speeches were good and the weather was perfect.. not too warm. it was great to meet are Tyrone brothers again. this kind of commemoration needs to be moved around each county so all our dead volunteers can be honoured for their sacrifice. we need more monuments. nothing too tacky, the one at Mullaban is class and is a nice place to sit down and say a prayer.
Are you on the wind-up or just a madman?
Unfortunately, I think he's both.
we are under no illusions the position is sinn fein are taking ownership of the past. men died for their country in a battle that couldn't be won militarily speaking.(ask Argentina)  we know where we are at and we are taking ownership of this country its not an orange state any more, we don't stare into the ground when we meet our orange neighbours,  we look then in the eye and say your British and this IS ireland but I'm willing to accept you warts and all but you have to do the same.
maybe other southern brothers could do the same and take ownership of their own country stop treating it like they borrowed it from england
What country are you taking ownership of? Surely you don't mean the 6 counties - do you think it's a country, really? Unusual viewpoint for a Shinner, but there you go. You can't mean the 32 counties, as the Shinners remain a minority party in the 26 counties, despite the fact that all of their political opponents have managed, between them, to bankrupt the state and saddle the people with shed loads of debt. Which country are you talking about? And why were you staring into the ground when you met your orange neighbours? Ashamed of something, were you? Omagh playing on your mind, was it? Or Kingsmill? Or Darkley? Or La Mons? Or Enniskillen? Or... (continue ad nauseam)

Irishmen and women will never allow republicans to take ownership of this country. The sight of Kelly walking down the road with a bunch of clowns dressed in dark sunglasses and berets, was a reminder of just why the man is unfit to run a bath, never mind a country. One day northern unionists will cotton on to the fact that the best way of sidelining wankers like Adams and Kelly is to have an all Ireland parliament based in Dublin. They're big fish in the 6 counties. In 32 county Ireland they're nothing.

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 12, 2013, 07:40:19 PM
"On their way to blow up a town". Good to see you're avoiding sensationalism there Maguire.
Ok then, give us your spin.

Wildweasel74

Aint taking balls mate! gerry says we do want we want regardless, thats the same attitude the orange order has, no difference!

trileacman

Quote from: Puckoon on August 12, 2013, 03:45:11 AM
Quote from: trileacman on August 11, 2013, 08:55:32 PM
Had a mate from the area who said this on Facebook,

QuoteCastlederg and the North West faces bigger issues than any 'Parade' or 'Protest' in the future. I hope the politicians and public are as passionate and enthusiastic about our area then as they are now.

Find it sad that this is what people chose to remember on the same day as we mark the deaths of the Omagh bomb victims, which included the loss of 6 children and 6 teenagers.

August 15 1998

The ceremony to mark the bombing was held on Sunday, a few days before the actual anniversary.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

glens abu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 12, 2013, 09:18:27 PM
Aint taking balls mate! gerry says we do want we want regardless, thats the same attitude the orange order has, no difference!

I will paste his speech tomorrow and you can show me where he said we will do what we want regardless.

trileacman

I don't understand the appeal of marching. We've all been sick of the sight of the f**kers for 2 month's now and how do SF react to Unionists marching around like a crowd of w*nkers? To march around like a crowd of w*nkers.

If they want to commemorate the two lads then why not a rally, a speech, a wreath laying or a mass? What the fcuk does marching add?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on August 12, 2013, 08:12:26 PM

Talking balls again SF didn't break any determination and never at any time say they would.
According to TUV Jim they broke determinations regarding paramilitary-style clothing and depictions of weaponry.

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 12, 2013, 09:39:46 PM

According to TUV Jim they broke determinations regarding paramilitary-style clothing and depictions of weaponry.

I wouldn't believe that clown

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on August 12, 2013, 09:44:02 PM

He has photos apparently.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 12, 2013, 10:13:20 PM
Quote from: glens abu on August 12, 2013, 09:44:02 PM

He has photos apparently.

I'm not denying or confirming anything Jim says, but I did see one of his pictures. It was a marcher with a Sinn Fein logo on his jacket.
Testing Accessibility

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 12, 2013, 08:49:38 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on August 12, 2013, 07:40:19 PM
Ok then, give us your spin.
They were on their way to bomb a border customs point. This is not spin. Saying they were trying to "blow up a town" is spin.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore