correct
2 (18.2%)
Absolutely
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 15, 2011, 10:16:27 PM
Take a bow Lawnseed, great post.
Na, typical Shinner shite, to be honest.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 15, 2011, 06:50:39 AM
Thought MMcG's opposition to a state visit to Ireland by Liz was fairly poor stuff. He cited the fact that the the Prince of Wales is the Commander in Chief of the Parachute Regiment, and that no apology had ever been made by the Royal family for Bloody Sunday. He knows rightly - or should do - that the British royal family isn't permited to get involved in politics. They are figureheads only. The British government does the politics for them and in that context, David Cameron made a fairly decent apology for Bloody Sunday last year, to the extent that the Bloody Sunday families themselves are making this year's commemorative march the final one. They see the matter as closed. Move on, Martin.
Funny how this would be your advice for McGuinness yet you're crying all day because he wasn't asked for the hundred millionth time about La Mon, Bloody Friday etc
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lawnseed

lads if tubs wanted to interview martin mcguinness properly why didnt he ask him about what sinn fein plans were in relation to the mess the country is in, or where sinn fein would get the 17 billion they say they would invest in job creation were they to get a mandate especially now that the fainna FAILURES have handed the national pension reserve over to the w**ker bankers. this is a serious flaw in sinn feins manifesto jez theres millons of things this useless p***k could have asked martin mcguiness. we know as much now as we did know. what a waste.

myles now i see your name calling i feel sorry for you. you ought to get out more
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: lawnseed on January 15, 2011, 10:31:51 PM
lads if tubs wanted to interview martin mcguinness properly why didnt he ask him about what sinn fein plans were in relation to the mess the country is in, or where sinn fein would get the 17 billion they say they would invest in job creation were they to get a mandate especially now that the fainna FAILURES have handed the national pension reserve over to the w**ker bankers. this is a serious flaw in sinn feins manifesto jez theres millons of things this useless p***k could have asked martin mcguiness. we know as much now as we did know. what a waste.

myles now i see your name calling i feel sorry for you. you ought to get out more

Why would he ask the deputy first minister of the British region of Northern Ireland those questions?

Fear ón Srath Bán

...or where sinn fein would get the 17 billion they say they would invest in job creation were they to get a mandate especially now that the fainna FAILURES have handed the national pension reserve over to the w**ker bankers. this is a serious flaw in sinn feins manifesto

Not really lawnseed: the NPRF has been earmarked to bail out the golden circle, but it has not yet been discharged -- the Financial Bill has not yet passed into 'law'.

SF have made it clear that they would not, retrospectively, guarantee the outstanding bets (bonds) on any of the banks. There's still plenty of room for manoeuvre, but the ECB and the IMF must be faced up to.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on January 15, 2011, 10:33:18 PM

Why would he ask the deputy first minister of the British region of Northern Ireland those questions?
Decent point even if it was made to wind people up.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2011, 10:41:54 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on January 15, 2011, 10:33:18 PM
Decent point even if it was made to wind people up.

Because it's about Ireland... D'oh!  ;)

If anyone had been paying even the slightest degree of attention to Mc Guinness's 'interview', they might already have discerned that he was involved in the decision to run Adams in Louth -- shock, horror!

PSTG started a thread about some fictional republican individual, so how would he have any idea about where he has powers of administration, in fact?

lawnseed

do you think the financial bill wont go through? i'd say its like the sting a dead wasp would give you it will pass. as regards asking martin questions in relation to the 26 counties and economic policy it didnt stop rte laying into gerry adams before the last election. this was a lazy interview. compare it to interview eamon dunphys mcguiness interview no comparison

Fear ón Srath Bán

The way things are unravelling at the minute, nothing would surprise me. Regardless, whatever this shower of gangsters get away with before they're forcibly ejected, it can (and will) be unwound.

Minder

Did Tubs ask Guiness about Paul Butler packing it in?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 15, 2011, 09:04:12 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 15, 2011, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 14, 2011, 11:06:19 PM
I'm not sure that I'd take seriously any political comment coming from anyone from Mayo the county that gave us Pee Fllynn and his daughter Beverley and Michael Ring

A county that also gave you Seán (Jack) McNeela, Michael Gaughan and Frank Stagg.

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/35971

pstg isn't from Mayo at all.

You Mayo lads are too easy. I actually feel a bit sorry for you simple simon types. Serious question has anyone ever met a Mayo man that wasnt a bit touched?

lawnseed

these green fianna failers intend to stay aroung until they push through some bill that i hear the farmers going nuts about that will take a while could be april. i was out for a few with one of the staunchest fainna failer i know last night this lad defends them to the last breath normally he hadnt a word to say (for a change) all he could say was "fine gael might'nt be much better"  :D no arguement there

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2011, 07:57:03 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on January 15, 2011, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2011, 03:14:15 PM
Didn't see it, what was the issue with his line of questioning?
it was the normal shite that many self righteous southerners like to throw out there.  It could have been a carbon copy of his interview with Gerry a year or so ago.  At that time Ryan, somewhat bafflingly failed to see the comparisons between his grandfather's IRA activities in the war of independence and the civil war with those of the IRA after that period.
He was cringeworthily bad last night, I was almost starting to feel sorry for him, but then he continued on pressing to the point of rudeness.

As for Martin he was alright, poor over the Queen, should just have said that as a republican (in the true sense of the word) he is largely indifferent to her.
In my opinion he is 100% correct in grilling these boys about past misdemeanours. His tone and manner are usually off beam though and as you say he lapses into downright rudeness which I believe he feels is a tough Paxman-esque interview style.
I'm not a Shinner of any sort, but imo, it's time to move on.  What's the point in trying to regurgitate the past, time after time, after time?  If there are recent illegal events that have a perceived connection to SF, fair enough, but what's the point of this line of questioning?
As MMG pointed out, then why are other guests not subjected to similar grillings?  Arguably most politicians with power have a certain amount of blood on their hands, would they receive the same questioning?  If Bill Clinton came on, what would Tubs do, would he ask him about operations he ordered?  If JFK somehow appeared on the Late Late, would Tubs ask him about his military service, about his father's organised crime connections etc?  What about Nelson Mandela, would he focus on ANC activities, Winnie?  To me, there's a certain amount of hypocrisy there.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on January 15, 2011, 10:57:06 PM
I'm not sure that I'd take seriously any political comment coming from anyone from Mayo the county that gave us Pee Fllynn and his daughter Beverley and Michael Ring

A county that also gave you Seán (Jack) McNeela, Michael Gaughan and Frank Stagg.

You Mayo lads are too easy. I actually feel a bit sorry for you simple simon types. Serious question has anyone ever met a Mayo man that wasnt a bit touched?

So, what's your gripe with us Mayomen then? I would love to know what we have done to you?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 16, 2011, 02:06:38 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on January 15, 2011, 10:57:06 PM

So, what's your gripe with us Mayomen then? I would love to know what we have done to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8T0Q03oJSc&feature=related