Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

It was a bit of stupid pettiness by the 3rd most stupid British Government of the last 12 months.
Balance of probability at the behest of DUPUDA.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

It looks like an effort to distract from something else. Triggers all sorts of emotion, nobody paying attention.

Armagh18

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 11, 2023, 10:01:30 PM
Smokescreen????
NEW: The UK will bring forward legislation this week which could see work on the construction of border control posts at Northern Ireland ports resume, following months of controversy related to the Northern Ireland Protocol, @rtenews understands
Would they be that stupid?

Snapchap

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 11, 2023, 09:21:18 PM
Mcdonald f**k all up here, I wouldn't vote for her, What's the point in Michelle O'Neill if she needs backing every time she has to met the UK govt. Did McGuinness need down south help when he was in the same position.

Not sure what planet you were living on during the Adams/McGuinness era but they routinely met the British Government together. Can you recall a single instance where they were told that they couldn't both attend a meeting with a British government minister? I certainly can't.

Snapchap

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 11, 2023, 09:28:41 PM
I used to vote Sinn Fein to she came on board....Don't know what Adams was thinking when he decided on her.

OK. We'll just ignore how they've grown to be comfortably the largest party in Ireland since she became leader then ::)

Armagh18

Quote from: Snapchap on January 12, 2023, 09:21:33 AM
Mcdonald f**k all up here, I wouldn't vote for her, What's the point in Michelle O'Neill if she needs backing every time she has to met the UK govt. Did McGuinness need down south help when he was in the same position.

Not sure what planet you were living on during the Adams/McGuinness era but they routinely met the British Government together. Can you recall a single instance where they were told that they couldn't both attend a meeting with a British government minister? I certainly can't.
Wildweasel is either too stupid to realise that Sinn Fein are one party and don't differentiate between north and south or is being a obtuse deliberately. I'm not sure

Snapchap

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2023, 08:08:01 AM
Here's an interesting one...

McDonald is registered with the electoral commission as the leader of SF in NI.  :o

She isn't registered as the "leader of SF in NI". She is registered as the leader of SF. Probably because that's what she is.

Not that interesting is it?

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on January 12, 2023, 08:51:50 AM
You're talking as if SF are some sort of ultra squeaky clean political party and not one up to its eyes in murder and criminality.

SF as a party is currently involved in murder and criminality? Care to elaborate?

Eire90

do you think sinn fein will transform into right wing if it suits them.

Applesisapples

Like it or not ML is the leader of SF period. You don't get to tell them who they send to talks, unless you are a member, which given your bile I doubt.

Applesisapples

imtommygunn

Quote from: Snapchap on January 12, 2023, 09:29:51 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2023, 08:08:01 AM
Here's an interesting one...

McDonald is registered with the electoral commission as the leader of SF in NI.  :o

She isn't registered as the "leader of SF in NI". She is registered as the leader of SF. Probably because that's what she is.

Not that interesting is it?

She is from what I saw and it is interesting if so. You are very defensive as my point is not anti SF. It's interesting from the perspective of if that's the case then cleverly/ Tories or whoeger are 100% in the wrong.

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 12, 2023, 09:21:01 AM
Smokescreen????
NEW: The UK will bring forward legislation this week which could see work on the construction of border control posts at Northern Ireland ports resume, following months of controversy related to the Northern Ireland Protocol, @rtenews understands

Difference this time is the border posts are at the ports and not the border. This would effectively say ni is separate from UK which will piss of the dup further

Armagh18

Quote from: Snapchap on January 12, 2023, 09:33:13 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 12, 2023, 08:51:50 AM
You're talking as if SF are some sort of ultra squeaky clean political party and not one up to its eyes in murder and criminality.

SF as a party is currently involved in murder and criminality? Care to elaborate?
Don't bother lol

Armagh18

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 12, 2023, 10:17:01 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 12, 2023, 09:21:01 AM
Smokescreen????

Difference this time is the border posts are at the ports and not the border. This would effectively say ni is separate from UK which will piss of the dup further
Jesus I completely read that wrong, thought it meant checkpoints between the 26 and 6. Checks at ports are annoying too tbh but better than land border. DUP getting shafted by the Tories again who would have seen that coming.

Funny thing is, unionists would be treated with far more respect and have a far greater say in things in a United Ireland only they are too pig headed to see it.