Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Despite being shafted by DUP's actions, the loyalist lemmings will still fall in behind party come election time at the first wave of butcher's apron and scaremongering about SF First Minister. Any wonder the thick as pigshit morons don't realise they're bringing reunification of our country closer every day with their shortsighted reactionary approach to anything that smells of equality... And it's absolutely beautiful to watch.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2021, 11:11:52 AM
Even Sinn Féin think some Volunteers are less equal than others

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/commemoration-for-ira-bomber-supported-by-sinn-fein-branch-is-cancelled-40107930.html

Im not sure how commemorations will go after Peggy McCourt debacle, he wasn't allowed into republican plot by SF as he wasn't active in IRA in last 5 years! But sure that means nobody will be going in going forward

JohnDenver

dublin7

Quote from: JohnDenver on February 19, 2021, 12:06:34 PM

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/commemoration-for-ira-bomber-supported-by-sinn-fein-branch-is-cancelled-40107930.html

I'm assuming you read the article and how it states it was cancelled at request of the family?

It was cancelled by the family, but should it have been organised in the first place and promoted by SF? I suppose it depends on how you view the IRA and their campaign in the UK

Snapchap

Mad that some people actually take the Indo seriously. Surely nobody is stupid as to read the likes of that and not appreciate that they're being slapped in the face with undiluted propaganda?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

five points

If a politician or party organisation is stupid enough to put an official GAA county crest on their publicity material, they have more to be worrying about than newspapers' propaganda.

Morons.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on February 19, 2021, 12:23:21 PM
Mad that some people actually take the Indo seriously. Surely nobody is stupid as to read the likes of that and not appreciate that they're being slapped in the face with undiluted propaganda?
Are you saying it's untrue?

This was all over social media yesterday

trailer

And they want to be in government... running round commemorating people who took innocent civilians lives. Imagine a SF Taoiseach at PIRA commemoration.
OK, go on then hit me with a load of false equivalence and whataboutery.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on February 19, 2021, 01:07:10 PM
And they want to be in government... running round commemorating people who took innocent civilians lives. Imagine a SF Taoiseach at PIRA commemoration.
OK, go on then hit me with a load of false equivalence and whataboutery.

Ok, I'll bite. I'm a SF/SDLP voter. Not SFs biggest fan in recent years with the direction the party is going, but isn't this the exact same as the Taoiseach attending an Easter rising commemoration? Go on, tell me I'm wrong because its a different time etc etc. We'll go round m circles and nobody will have changed their mind... 8)

For what it's worth, I think sensitivities should be respected regarding either event.

HiMucker

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 12:16:28 PM

I'm assuming you read the article and how it states it was cancelled at request of the family?

It was cancelled by the family, but should it have been organised in the first place and promoted by SF? I suppose it depends on how you view the IRA and their campaign in the UK
Did you not read the article either?

The online commemoration for Edward O'Brien, which was organised by Edward's father Miley and supported by Wexford Sinn Féin

Angelo

The usual Free State trolls trying to twist the facts.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Quote from: HiMucker on February 19, 2021, 01:12:54 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 12:16:28 PM

Did you not read the article either?

The online commemoration for Edward O'Brien, which was organised by Edward's father Miley and supported by Wexford Sinn Féin

I did. Did you read beyond Edward's father?

If a father wants to commemorate his son, that's one thing, but for a political party to publicly support this, then it is an issue for me. Sure it'l be a popular move with their own supporters but if they're looking to gain more votes in the next election in the south links like this will do them more harm than good with the undecided voters.

I can't believe someone along the way didn't tell them to take the Wexford GAA crest off the commemoration.