Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaney

Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 11:07:53 AM
Woah - when you're backed into a corner - you claim that I'm "celebrating the murder of a civilian"!

Like, what the absolute fook?!

Shinnerbots continually make bigger and bigger fools of themselves because they can't defend the indefensible

It becomes ever clearer by the day that it's  you're a cult

Fixed that for you.

Angelo

Woah - when you're backed into a corner - you claim that I'm "celebrating the murder of a civilian"!

Shinnerbots continually make bigger and bigger fools of themselves because they can't defend the indefensible

It becomes ever clearer by the day that it's a cult

You have tried to equate the murder of IRA members by the British state to the murder of a civilian by the British state. Your logic and equivocating is utterly bizarre and irrational. You see no problem with a bombastic state celebration full to the brim with military jingoism for a violent uprising where hundreds of civilians lost their lives but you're outraged by a SF TD celebrating Warrenpoint and Kilmichael.

You are a walking, talking contradiction.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on December 11, 2020, 11:39:42 AM

You have tried to equate the murder of IRA members by the British state to the murder of a civilian by the British state. Your logic and equivocating is utterly bizarre and irrational. You see no problem with a bombastic state celebration full to the brim with military jingoism for a violent uprising where hundreds of civilians lost their lives but you're outraged by a SF TD celebrating Warrenpoint and Kilmichael.

Agreed.

Main Street

Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 01:45:23 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 10, 2020, 10:27:59 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 10, 2020, 10:12:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 10, 2020, 08:37:37 PM
Fair play to him.

SF scored an own goal by having Stanley delete his original tweet, there was nothing wrong with it and they should not have rolled over to the absolute scum in the Free State establishment parties who continue to use victims of the troubles as political footballs.
I presume then you'd have no problem if a British cabinet minister posted a tweet glorifying Loughgall or Gibraltar, or indeed the murder of Pat Finucane

Perhaps the same question should be asked of Mary Lou

I would have a problem with it by the way, a serious problem
Your knickers are in a hysterical FG/FF twist.
Answer the question

Would you have a problem if a British cabinet minister posted a tweet glorifying Loughgall or Gibraltar, or the murder of Pat Finucane?

Never voted FG or FF in me life and have no intention of ever doing so, but sure if you want to invent straw men in a paranoid fashion because you can't comprehend how anybody would think Stanley's tweet about Warrenpoint was stupid, fire away

I thought the tweet was very poorly expressed and stupid to put it out there.  Otherwise  what's the big surprise that republicans do compare both ambushes? they were both  planned and executed with spectacular impact, in spite of  the murder of the civilian by a soldier. Modern day republicans  have always claimed a direct link to the old IRA. And it's a point of gross hypocrisy when the conservative parties (FF FG Lab)  of  today put out their praise for early 20C republican actions.
And it is ironic that the establishment of today is fulsome in praise for (the cowardly slaughter at)  Kilmichael 100 years ago.

Loughgall, a state colluded murder of bar customers, why would a british minister own up to that? that would be quite stunning, same for Pat Finucane.
At the time the assassination of the Gibraltar 3 was celebrated and applauded by British politicians and media, it was and still is  accepted by the british state as a legitimate kill , but never did they recognise that those killed were soldiers of a kind.
Time to move on from the blame game,  claiming God's on my side and your side should wear the sackcloth and ashes.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

By your terms they are exactly equal

You call it a war

It's either a war or isn't

The IRA killed copious amounts of civilians

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 01:12:04 PM

You call it a war

Civilians get killed in every war. Outlawed paramilitary groupings don't have judicial systems and prison camps to operate in. The British state did but instead decided to target civilians for cold blooded execution. The nationalists were the oppressed people who were routinely targeted for state executions on the grounds of their identity and persuasion.

That's a side argument to what you originally contended but as you were found out to be a complete and utter hypocrite on your free state celebrating the violent uprising in 1916 where hundreds of civilians lost their lives with a bombastic commemoration to it with full military jingoism, you have tried to muddy the water.

You need to be a man and address why you think its ok to celebrate murder on one hand and not on the other, rather than contradict yourself at every turn.

sid waddell

Quote from: Main Street on December 11, 2020, 12:22:37 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 01:45:23 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 10, 2020, 10:27:59 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 10, 2020, 10:12:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 10, 2020, 08:37:37 PM
Fair play to him.

SF scored an own goal by having Stanley delete his original tweet, there was nothing wrong with it and they should not have rolled over to the absolute scum in the Free State establishment parties who continue to use victims of the troubles as political footballs.
I presume then you'd have no problem if a British cabinet minister posted a tweet glorifying Loughgall or Gibraltar, or indeed the murder of Pat Finucane

Perhaps the same question should be asked of Mary Lou

I would have a problem with it by the way, a serious problem
Your knickers are in a hysterical FG/FF twist.
Answer the question

Would you have a problem if a British cabinet minister posted a tweet glorifying Loughgall or Gibraltar, or the murder of Pat Finucane?

Never voted FG or FF in me life and have no intention of ever doing so, but sure if you want to invent straw men in a paranoid fashion because you can't comprehend how anybody would think Stanley's tweet about Warrenpoint was stupid, fire away

I thought the tweet was very poorly expressed and stupid to put it out there.  Otherwise  what's the big surprise that republicans do compare both ambushes? they were both  planned and executed with spectacular impact, in spite of  the murder of the civilian by a soldier. Modern day republicans  have always claimed a direct link to the old IRA. And it's a point of gross hypocrisy when the conservative parties (FF FG Lab)  of  today put out their praise for early 20C republican actions.
And it is ironic that the establishment of today is fulsome in praise for (the cowardly slaughter at)  Kilmichael 100 years ago.

Loughgall, a state colluded murder of bar customers, why would a british minister own up to that? that would be quite stunning, same for Pat Finucane.
At the time the assassination of the Gibraltar 3 was celebrated and applauded by British politicians and media, it was and still is  accepted by the british state as a legitimate kill , but never did they recognise that those killed were soldiers of a kind.
Time to move on from the blame game,  claiming God's on my side and your side should wear the sackcloth and ashes.
But the tweet wasn't poorly expressed, it was Stanley's opinion

Now Sinn Fein are in sixes and sevens because they want to have these opinions but are not honest enough to defend them

There's an essential dishonesty at the heart of the party

They're happy to throw the "Blueshirts" tag at Fine Gael yet happy to celebrate a Nazi collaborator in Sean Russell

Any anybody who questions them is a "Blueshirt" - that's cult like behaviour

I've never voted FG or FF, I have actually voted Sinn Fein in the past but I won't be doing so again

I voted Green Party 1 Labour 2, People Before Profit 3 last February, for your information

Loughgall was not a murder of bar customers, it was an active service IRA unit which were killed

If it's "time to move on from the blame game", well, let Soldier F go, forget about ever getting the truth about the Pat Finucane murder - that's me saying that - it's you saying it

I suppose the essential difference between 1916 and then 1919-1921 was that those conflicts were short lived, they did not go on for 28 years

Those who made war in 1919 were not still bombing Manchester in 1946

The PIRA campaign descended into essentially nihilism

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on December 11, 2020, 01:23:37 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 01:12:04 PM

You call it a war

Civilians get killed in every war. Outlawed paramilitary groupings don't have judicial systems and prison camps to operate in. The British state did but instead decided to target civilians for cold blooded execution. The nationalists were the oppressed people who were routinely targeted for state executions on the grounds of their identity and persuasion.

That's a side argument to what you originally contended but as you were found out to be a complete and utter hypocrite on your free state celebrating the violent uprising in 1916 where hundreds of civilians lost their lives with a bombastic commemoration to it with full military jingoism, you have tried to muddy the water.

You need to be a man and address why you think its ok to celebrate murder on one hand and not on the other, rather than contradict yourself at every turn.
The 1916 commemorations weren't a celebration of murder - they were nuanced

Sinn Fein still openly celebrates murder and murderers, the celebration of murder is the point

Catholics were an indeed an oppressed people in the six counties - but the PIRA was only too happy to become an oppressor

But perhaps you don't consider Enniskillen or Warrington or Kingsmills as oppression

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 01:23:48 PM

I suppose the essential difference between 1916 and then 1919-1921 was that those conflicts were short lived, they did not go on for 28 years

Those who made war in 1919 were not still bombing Manchester in 1946

The PIRA campaign descended into essentially nihilism

The difference between those wars were that:

a) the circumstances were different, nationalists were betrayed by the Irish free state. Sold out to sectarian state where they were second class citizens. The Irish free state has consistently left their northern brethern abandoned since the commencement of partition. So that is why the war continued, the PIRA did not continue the war, the British state and loyalism continued to use physical force to meet resistance to a two tier protestant ascendancy.

b) The WOI and Irish Civil War were much more callous and blood thirsty than the troubles. There is an airbrushing of Irish history that paints the Old IRA as righteous freedom fighters and the Provos as bloodthirsty pyschopaths. If anything the evidence points to the Old IRA having a much more apparent disregard for human life and civilians.

How dare northern nationalists stand up for themselves seems to be the commentary from the free state establishment.

sid waddell

The circumstances in all wars are different

But nihilism is always the same

The PIRA campaign was nihilism

And they were bloodthirsty psychopaths

To continue a campaign for 28 years when it's clear within a very short time it has zero chance of success amounts to bloodthirsty psychopathy

Sinn Fein now condemn the murders of Lyra McKee and Ronan Kerr etc.

Yet they celebrate the campaign which murdered Joanne Mathers and Marie Wilson and Jonathan Ball

There is no difference between them

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 02:01:21 PM
The circumstances in all wars are different

But nihilism is always the same

The PIRA campaign was nihilism

And they were bloodthirsty psychopaths

To continue a campaign for 28 years when it's clear within a very short time it has zero chance of success amounts to bloodthirsty psychopathy

Sinn Fein now condemn the murders of Lyra McKee and Ronan Kerr etc.

Yet they celebrate the campaign which murdered Joanne Mathers and Marie Wilson and Jonathan Ball

There is no difference between them

The PIRA campaign was anti-imperial one and an anti-oppression one.

FFG and the free state establishment celebrate the murders of children, Maura Lindsay and wiping out a Protestant population in Cork.

Yet get their knickers in a twist over the killings of a Parachute regiment that terrorised the nationalist community.

Maybe you should focus on the massive contractions of your state.

sid waddell

Fine Gael and Fianna Fail do not celebrate such

What was anti-imperial about blowing the head off a three year old boy, blowing up a young nurse, or shooting dead a young woman conducting a census?

Nothing, that's what

Does Brian Stanley condemn the murder of Ronan Kerr?

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 02:12:18 PM

Complete and utter bullshit.

They had a mass state celebration with the army and tanks going down the street four years ago.

They have portraits of gunmen and killers in their government officer.

You are being completely and utterly dishonest here, you cannot hide your agenda.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on December 11, 2020, 02:15:21 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 11, 2020, 02:12:18 PM

Complete and utter bullshit.

They had a mass state celebration with the army and tanks going down the street four years ago.

They have portraits of gunmen and killers in their government officer.

You are being completely and utterly dishonest here, you cannot hide your agenda.
You said they celebrate the murders of civilians in West Cork?

Where do they do that?