Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on December 12, 2016, 12:20:57 AM
I have explained this. Over and over again as I have demonstrated over and over again.

I have condemned all murders and all sexual abuse.

You can't do the same, so you are trapped in your own sad circular logic.  ;D

Furthermore, you are also guilty of reductio ad absurdum because you pretend that if I haven't condemned every murder, then I can't condemn any.
Those big rugby lads have given him a bit of a complex.

macdanger2

Bomber may have lost the logical argument but he achieved his goal expertly - it must be 5-6 pages since the issue at hand was mentioned

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 12, 2016, 01:24:07 AM
Bomber may have lost the logical argument but he achieved his goal expertly - it must be 5-6 pages since the issue at hand was mentioned

You mean the shooting of an unarmed innocent Irishman from behind?

This is from the previous page:

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2016, 06:36:29 PM
On a very serious note........to all sensible posters.

This post:

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 10, 2016, 01:32:37 PM
You believe Brian Stack's murder had nothing to do with the violent beatings he was responsible for dishing out to republican prisoners?/

Not that it justifies it but it clearly wasn't an indiscriminate murder.

Is this information in the public domain?
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Quote from: muppet on December 12, 2016, 10:20:05 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on December 12, 2016, 01:24:07 AM

You mean the shooting of an unarmed innocent Irishman from behind?

This is from the previous page:

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2016, 06:36:29 PM
On a very serious note........to all sensible posters.

This post:

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 10, 2016, 01:32:37 PM
You believe Brian Stack's murder had nothing to do with the violent beatings he was responsible for dishing out to republican prisoners?/

Not that it justifies it but it clearly wasn't an indiscriminate murder.

Is this information in the public domain?

Which nobody replied to because most people have stopped reading. Objective achieved on his part.

muppet

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/who-was-brian-stack-and-why-is-his-killing-back-in-the-news-again-1.2897750

Who was responsible for the attack?

The IRA had always denied it was behind the killing. However, in 2013 the group acknowledged in a statement to the Stack family that it had in fact been responsible for the murder, which it said was not sanctioned by the leadership.

"In Portlaoise a brutal prison regime saw prisoners and their families suffer greatly. This is the context in which IRA volunteers shot your father," the statement said. The group said the member who ordered the killing had been disciplined but did not specify the nature of the sanction.

30 years of lies. Then they mention that there had been some sort of disciplinary process. But of course there are no details.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Muppet - keep on broadcasting whatever the Irish Independent and similar media outlets tell you. I love seeing you pass them off as your own opinion  ;)

I feel so informed afterwards

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on December 12, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
Muppet - keep on broadcasting whatever the Irish Independent and similar media outlets tell you. I love seeing you pass them off as your own opinion  ;)

I feel so informed afterwards

There is a link, which you might have missed and, hilariously, that is an IRA statement.  ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Jim_Murphy_74

Had a read of a few articles online about this case, as I wasn't familiar with ins and outs.

One thing that it is amazing the online army that flood the Indo, politics.ie, The Journal when a Sinn Féin article comes up.  A very well disciplined and on-message crowd:

1) Used a scatter gun whataboutery to call people hypocritical
2) Ask about the "old" ira
3) Label people West Brits
4) Claim that the victim/accuser is being manipulated.
5) Claim that we are all "tired" of this story

I have to say it is an effective strategy.
/Jim

muppet

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on December 12, 2016, 03:28:06 PM
Had a read of a few articles online about this case, as I wasn't familiar with ins and outs.

One thing that it is amazing the online army that flood the Indo, politics.ie, The Journal when a Sinn Féin article comes up.  A very well disciplined and on-message crowd:

1) Used a scatter gun whataboutery to call people hypocritical
2) Ask about the "old" ira
3) Label people West Brits
4) Claim that the victim/accuser is being manipulated.
5) Claim that we are all "tired" of this story

I have to say it is an effective strategy.
/Jim

Your observations are correct.

But I disagree with the last bit. It isn't effective in my opinion. As a party they should be trying to increase their vote. Given the collapse of FF in 2011 and the very unpopular government that followed, they have failed utterly to threaten the awful duopoly, when it should have been very easy. Part of the reason is the legacy issues and the very obvious organised reactions you have outlined.

Where will the new votes come from, if they always attack anyone who ever asks any questions?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

The pay for nothing brigade that they cultivate don't turn out to vote in big numbers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on December 12, 2016, 03:03:05 PM
There is a link, which you might have missed and, hilariously, that is an IRA statement.  ;D ;D ;D

You are so hilarious.

Keep re-broadcasting. I wait for your every wisdom-filled post.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on December 12, 2016, 04:04:14 PM

You are so hilarious.

I absolutely know you do.

Then you claim that it isn't my own opinion. And you follow the template outlined by /Jim. Every time.

There used to be much better Shinnerbots though. Where are they all gone?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: muppet on December 12, 2016, 04:21:52 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 12, 2016, 04:04:14 PM

You are so hilarious.

I absolutely know you do.

Then you claim that it isn't my own opinion. And you follow the template outlined by /Jim. Every time.

There used to be much better Shinnerbots though. Where are they all gone?

Probably saw through the shite they were respouting.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on December 12, 2016, 12:20:57 AM
I have explained this. Over and over again as I have demonstrated over and over again.

I have condemned all murders and all sexual abuse.

You can't do the same, so you are trapped in your own sad circular logic.  ;D

Furthermore, you are also guilty of reductio ad absurdum because you pretend that if I haven't condemned every murder, then I can't condemn any.

Circular logic that lands at the same conclusion that your double standards are there for everyone to see.

Your stance on John Ring - no voluntary condemnation, feigned ignorance, catch all statements and semantics in response to being harangued into condemning this incident, no comment on whether the verdicts was a grave injustice, false claims that you had already condemned ring, eventually culminating in a condemnation at the 9th time of asking.

Your stance on Mary Boyle - no condemnation, a pleading for people to relax on making comments on the case in case of libel as we don't know the full story.

Your stance on Adams and the IRA - we don't need no evidence, hang them and hang them high.

I have proven what I set out to and your weak responses dipped in a barrel of false smileys can't change the picture I have painted.

Main Street

As we hear the sound of another frezied (free state) morality crusade fizzling into the dustbin of degradation, el duce Mad Martin suffered even more ignominy after being upstaged by the simple (pint of bass) sagacity from a ghost of christmas past, Bertie Aherne. Overall, Martin was made to appear like a witless despot desperate to try anything to get into power and fulfill his destiny.
How he must have put so much faith into his populist masterplan, that the authorities should arrest and interrogate anybody who discreetly comes forward to assist the bereaved in some manner with information. Get the families to promise them total secrecy, then nab them. In no time hundreds of them will be in jail. Or so Martin thought, that old republicans would come forward in droves like lemmings to answer a plea for information from the bereaved  and get themselves nabbed in the process.
But I suspect rationality isn't much of a factor in Martin's thought process, that if you apply the Mad Martin's  principle of arrest and interrogation in the Stack case then it has effects for all bereaved and all future resolution processes.
The culpability of a State after decades of terror is infinitely much greater than the culpability of the various factions. When the state tortures, murders and foments murder gangs, it does it in your name, your law. 
It is the duty of the state to facilitate reconciliation not to proportion blame and abscond responsibility.

What will Martin do no now as yet another attack on Sinn Fein  barely rattles Gerry's rosary beads.
How about another attack ;D  that's about the sum of the desperado's strategic imagination.
He can't rail against the EU that would be political suicide and travellers are now a protected ethnic group. How about migrants? have a lash of hate against migrants, multi  skin coloured  leeches  taking our jobs, our hospital trollies?