Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Over the past week or so I have clearly shown the Sinn Fein leadership up for been nothing but a shower
of 2 faced double dealing cowards. Quilsings. They make me sick to see how they have sold the Palestinian cause
in order to get votes and make themselves not only look like Peace makers, but a sop to the USA and their Zionist
friends.

They have been double dealing with Netanyahu's Zionist Likud party behind everyone's back acting the big lads
with all their usual peace processing slabering. They crossed the picket line and everyone around the world in the
Pro Palestinian solidarity world is disgusted with their actions. Palestinians are not too impressed either.

They started a position saying they permission to talk, then, oh when we meet them with always mention Palestine,
to we believe in critical engagement. They have dropped the part saying they had Palestinian permission, and every time
they issue another press release I shut their argument down instantly.

They went behind everyone's back, and i'm calling Gerry Adams Martin McGuinness Pat Sheehan, and their youth gang
a shower of sell out bastards. And I will say that to their face, on TV, or on the radio. I have caught them out big time,
and they know it. I have a dossier of information that has them tied up in knots.

To this minute not one single Palestinian or Palestinian group have come forward to support them. Not one. Zilch
What does that tell you about them? They have been shamed and embarrassed despite firing out press releases
like confetti  they haven't come up with a single friend to back them up. They are pathetic. Some friend to Palestine they are.

Because folks, lets face it, what Palestinian is going to come forward and say they gave Sinn Fein permission to send
in a couple of lads who couldn't spell Palestine to chat with the Likud Party? Seriously, who would put the name alongside
that? No doubt Netanyahu took on board what the lads had to say on behalf of Palestine.......

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Rossfan

It's a bit like a Judge in a trial contacting a witness and telling him what to say.
Jaysus Shinners will ye just take ye're lead from McKay who resigned - "voluntarily" no doubt.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Disillusioned

Quote from: trileacman on August 18, 2016, 10:55:55 PM
About the only positive thing I can think to say about Dhaiti is that he had the good sense to fall on his sword and accept is wrongdoing. Too many politicians see fit to blindly plough on through their disgrace unabashed.

Nothing so noble in his resignation.  He has resigned as a MLA because he now becomes an ordinary citizen in an attempt to avoid any further embarrassment for the party hierarchy in an official investigation into the affair if he remained as a MLA open to disciplinary action for his manipulation of the committee process.  However, he is open to an attempt at prosecution for malfeasance in public office, interesting to see if the authorities follow that up.
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

longballin

Reminds me of the scene from American History X when the neo-nazi in prison saw the other white supremicists were dealing drugs with the blacks and hispanics and he realised it was all a facade. SF and Jamie Bryson... some bedfellows

Minder

Quote from: Disillusioned on August 18, 2016, 11:22:33 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 18, 2016, 10:55:55 PM
About the only positive thing I can think to say about Dhaiti is that he had the good sense to fall on his sword and accept is wrongdoing. Too many politicians see fit to blindly plough on through their disgrace unabashed.

Nothing so noble in his resignation.  He has resigned as a MLA because he now becomes an ordinary citizen in an attempt to avoid any further embarrassment for the party hierarchy in an official investigation into the affair if he remained as a MLA open to disciplinary action for his manipulation of the committee process.  However, he is open to an attempt at prosecution for malfeasance in public office, interesting to see if the authorities follow that up.

Told to resign I would think, when I heard McGuinness say earlier he needed to seriously consider his position as an MLA you knew the game was up for him
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Nigel White

Quote from: Rossfan on August 18, 2016, 11:17:48 PM
It's a bit like a Judge in a trial contacting a witness and telling him what to say.
Jaysus Shinners will ye just take ye're lead from McKay who resigned - "voluntarily" no doubt.
Fair point

Ulick

Well here's a thing. I was a witness in a trial a few years back and I got quite a bit of advice from the judge about how to answer questions. Quite a bit more that two Tweets worth as well. Should the judge resign also?

Ulick

Quote from: Nigel White on August 18, 2016, 11:41:00 PM
Fair point

No it's not, judges direct witnesses all the time ffs. Anyway the Chair of not a judge he's there to ensure the committee fulfil it's remit efficiently. In the two Tweets produced by the Irish News the Chair in this case asked the witness to forward a his letter of testament. He doesn't tell him what to put in it.

Ulick

Quote from: longballin on August 18, 2016, 11:33:12 PM
Reminds me of the scene from American History X when the neo-nazi in prison saw the other white supremicists were dealing drugs with the blacks and hispanics and he realised it was all a facade. SF and Jamie Bryson... some bedfellows

Someone did call Godwin's Law already.

Disillusioned

Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2016, 12:18:18 AM

Well here's a thing. I was a witness in a trial a few years back and I got quite a bit of advice from the judge about how to answer questions. Quite a bit more that two Tweets worth as well. Should the judge resign also?

Really, did he advise you by Twitter or instant messaging or privately in his chambers or maybe by one of his colleagues speaking to you in private?  I would have thought that his advice would have been given in open court and would have been transparent, just as when Daithi McKay asked similar transparency in asking, on 20 August 2015,  for witnesses to come forward to the NAMA inquiry:

http://www.sinnfein.ie/ga/north-antrim-daith-mckay-mla?limit=10&start=40&offset=70

Sinn Féin MLA Daithí McKay called today on anyone with information relevant to the sale of NAMA's northern loans to bring it forward to an Assembly inquiry.

Daithí McKay said:

"Hearings into the sale of the NAMA portfolio will resume next week when the Law Society will appear in front of the Finance Committee's inquiry.

"I am appealing to anyone with information relevant to this inquiry to bring it forward so that we can shed light on the events surrounding the sale of the NAMA loans.

"To date we have invited several key players to appear before the committee, including former ministers and government officials.

"No stone will be left unturned in this inquiry and we will use powers to compel key witnesses to appear in the interests of transparency."

http://www.sinnfein.ie/ga/north-antrim-daith-mckay-mla?limit=10&start=40&offset=50#

http://www.sinnfein.ie/ga/north-antrim-daith-mckay-mla?limit=10&start=50&offset=60#

The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

Ulick

Right so you are saying now that Daithi's wrongdoing was not a matter of "coaching" a witness but the manner in which it was conducted? Good, that's progress.
So what did he Tweet exactly?

"What should tick the box of the committee for public session in terms of your response and I will be saying this to other witnesses ..."
and
"Send me a draft of the letter you are sending. Keen to get you into public session."

Send me you evidence, I would like you to put it on the public record! A fcking hanging offense right there!

Ulick

Come on then gallsman, I'm still waiting on your answer. Who exactly am I cheerleading for and what have I posted to give grounds to the accusation?

gallsman

You are a Sinn Fein cheerleader. Always have been and always will be. In this particular instance, all that's needed is:

QuoteI was surprised Daithi resigned so quickly given on what I read his contribution was reasonably innocuous.

You are the only one who cannot see the inappropriateness of this.

As for your "judges direct witnesses all the time" comments, you have failed to dispute the difference between a judge openly directing a witness in court and the equivalent head of a committee engaging in clandestine conversations with a witness and referring  him to a party colleague in order to be coached (you're the only one who thinks the inverted commas are necessary here).

longballin

Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2016, 12:29:42 AM
Quote from: longballin on August 18, 2016, 11:33:12 PM

Someone did call Godwin's Law already.

Not so much thinking of Nazis but the idea seeming enemies are actually in cohoots with each other on the q-t....