Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: armaghniac on December 20, 2015, 03:41:36 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 02:47:04 AM
Are you really that naive regarding Denis O'Brien? Do you really believe all those corruption allegations of a man who has amassed a huge fortune are without foundation? Seemingly you're willing to believe the allegations against Slab Murphy - so if it's good for the goose........

I don't know of any particular thing Denis O'Brien has done which is illegal. Bill Gates has a huge fortune and I don't think him corrupt.

QuoteI don't think Sinn Fein are above reproach, there are certain elements I don't like about their policies and actions and there are no doubt elements of hypocrisy but it pales in significance to the other establishment parties of the 26. For one there's the fact that they only take home the average industrial wages which is about 4 times less that what the establishment parties receive - who conveniently don't want to change the pay structures for TDs. There's also the fact that many Sinn Fein members were involved in the troubles, made sacrifices for what they believed would better their people and community, whatever about the rights of wrongs of their actions - they showed a conviction of doing something they felt was for their right that was not self-serving. Could you imagine any of the establishment party doing the same? We know what happened Neil Blaney, the last politician with a bit of backbone from the establishment parties in the 26. It's easy for these people to pontificate about what happened in the troubles? Do you think crass imbeciles like Enda Kenny would have the same outlook had he grown up in the Creggan?

They collect the full wage and give some of it to the party, i.e. they act in their private interest not the public one. Some other politicians might give the money to their family and think this a good thing, but that is their interest and not the public one. Enda Kenny might have a different view had he been born in Derry, but John Hume showed that the different view is not necessarily the Sinn Fein view.

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on December 20, 2015, 08:19:23 AM
It seems that Slab will now get a €5m tax bill, I hope he kept receipts for any expenditure.
;D
Did " P O' Neill" give receipts ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gaffer

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 09:11:50 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 08:07:58 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 01:03:12 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 12:44:25 AM
How did slab make sacrifices out of his own pocket?

He financed most of the South Armagh brigade's operations when NORAID was effectively finished in the states.

He paid for guns and bombs that were used to kill/ maim people  in South Armagh? 

And NORAID did so beforehand?

Is that what you are saying?

Yes, he paid for guns and bombs - what do you think brought freedom for the 26 - happy clapping and the rosary? The Irish cause for independence is synonymous with guns and violence but the portrayal is very different depending on the ear.

If anything the Provos had more of a reasoning in their armed struggle than the IRA than preceded it.

You have now said that he is responsible for multiple deaths and injuries along with mass destruction of property!

So I wonder how many people deaths he funded? You seem to know a lot about him!

Could you break down the deaths he funded into combatants and non combatants?

Was the money he used to finance death and injury  money  he should have paid in taxes ?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 10:32:48 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 09:11:50 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 08:07:58 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 01:03:12 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 12:44:25 AM
How did slab make sacrifices out of his own pocket?

He financed most of the South Armagh brigade's operations when NORAID was effectively finished in the states.

He paid for guns and bombs that were used to kill/ maim people  in South Armagh? 

And NORAID did so beforehand?

Is that what you are saying?

Yes, he paid for guns and bombs - what do you think brought freedom for the 26 - happy clapping and the rosary? The Irish cause for independence is synonymous with guns and violence but the portrayal is very different depending on the ear.

If anything the Provos had more of a reasoning in their armed struggle than the IRA than preceded it.

You have now said that he is responsible for multiple deaths and injuries along with mass destruction of property!

So I wonder how many people deaths he funded? You seem to know a lot about him!

Could you break down the deaths he funded into combatants and non combatants?

Was the money he used to finance death and injury  money  he should have paid in taxes ?

Ironic that the guy in your avatar openly canvasses for an alleged member of the same organisation as Slab. Maybe you'd prefer if we peacefully continued to be ethnically cleansed?

To make an omelette you have to break a few eggs.

Gaffer

I know nothing about canavans politics.

Now perhaps you'd like to answer the questions I posed or maybe rethink what you have stated about Slab re financing guns and bombs and remove the post!

Serious serious statement you made there buddy !

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 10:58:26 AM
I know nothing about canavans politics.

Now perhaps you'd like to answer the questions I posed or maybe rethink what you have stated about Slab re financing guns and bombs and remove the post!

Serious serious statement you made there buddy !

The allegations of Slab financing the South Armagh brigade operations are there in published books, I don't need to recant them.

Gaffer

Up to yourself but I would keep my identity hidden to everyone if I were you.

You stated what you said as fact not an allegation.

What are the titles of these books which ALLEGE (not state) that he financed guns and bombs?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 11:14:31 AM
Up to yourself but I would keep my identity hidden to everyone if I were you.

You stated what you said as fact not an allegation.

What are the titles of these books which ALLEGE (not state) that he financed guns and bombs?

Guns and bombs are your words.

Tim Pat Coogan stated it in his book The IRA, it wasn't an allegation.

Il Bomber Destro

As did Ed Moloney in his book "A Secret Histoy of the IRA".

Gaffer

Oh no

I asked you did he pay for guns and bombs and you said yes

And you said that 'allegations' were in published books. Check over your posts !

You need to be careful what you state. The laws of the land apply to online discussions boards as well.

Pull those posts mate and do yourself a favour!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 11:25:36 AM
Oh no

I asked you did he pay for guns and bombs and you said yes

And you said that 'allegations' were in published books. Check over your posts !

You need to be careful what you state. The laws of the land apply to online discussions boards as well.

Pull those posts mate and do yourself a favour!

As I said, guns and boms are your words, not mine. Just because you made a complete f**king idiot of yourself doesn't mean I'll do you a favour and pull those posts down. In fact these are the exact words from Ed Moloney's "A Secret History of The IRA".

"There was another, even more compelling reason for the IRA' failures. By 1996 the organization was broke and owed money everywhere, not least to Slab Murphy, who had lent the IRA some of the proceeds from his cross-Border business operations and had not been repaid."

Gaffer

You didn't read over your posts obviously and you sitting somewhere in Tyrone in a bad temper lol

Leave them there then.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 11:32:54 AM
You didn't read over your posts obviously and you sitting somewhere in Tyrone in a bad temper lol

Leave them there then.

You brought guns and bombs into it, not me. I said he financed the activities which is taken from a statement from a book which was fairly certain in it's context. The IRA were a paramilitary organisation, they weren't taking donations to send the boys off for a weekend away in a spa resort.

People can view Slab how they like, I just happen to think whatever you think of him, he's not in the same boat of the self-serving sc**bag politicians that populate the free state.

Gaffer

I asked you did he pay for guns and bombs? Nothing wrong with that.

You said yes. You are making the statement that he paid for them!

"Fairly certain in its context ". Not actual proven fact then.

Lad, you are all over the place here. Lol

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 11:44:08 AM
I asked you did he pay for guns and bombs? Nothing wrong with that.

You said yes. You are making the statement that he paid for them!

"Fairly certain in its context ". Not actual proven fact then.

Lad, you are all over the place here. Lol

You said it was  allegation that I was making and not a statement and I should remove the post as a result. As I have shown, it's not an allegation I made, it was something stated in a published book which I have repeated.

The IRA were a paramilitary organisation, what do you think he was financing, brigade bonding sessions or fancy new uniforms?