Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 11, 2014, 05:27:35 PM
Quote from: Ulick on October 10, 2014, 09:33:47 AM
Some craic this Sinn Féin thread, especially the first few pages. Imagine where they'd be now if they'd got rid of that liability Adams.
Maybe with another TD?

How?

Rossfan

Bad day for SF. Did okish in Ros/Laythrum but  I think a lot of the Laythrums voted on County loyalty basis so boosting his vote.
But that Dublin constituency is the sort of place they've been sailing in over the recent past yet they were beaten by a Loony Leftie.
Protest vote and being against everything is all very well but when it defects to a bigger protestor and more against everythinger ...... :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

glens abu

Yeah very disappointing alright,even though we topped the poll had hoped we would have been well ahead that the transfers from FF,FG and Labour to the AAA would not have mattered.having said that happy enough with the vote in R/l so all will just have to regroup and move on.

Rossfan

There won't be a Ros/S Leit next time and SF already have a TD in North Leitrim/Sligo so I expect Kenny's chance is gone.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on October 11, 2014, 10:02:29 PM
There won't be a Ros/S Leit next time and SF already have a TD in North Leitrim/Sligo so I expect Kenny's chance is gone.
Colreavy mightn't go on again so Kenny could take over from him, they have noone of substance in Sligo so would have to look to him.

getevennotcross

I heard this last night in my local hostelry

Tis well I do remember
That bleak April day (1998)
When Martin, Gerry and cohorts
Signed our constitutional rights away

They signed upon the dotted line
A sight, thought never to be seen
And all because of the guarantee
They'd get their shillings from the Queen

(Traitors all)

Rossfan

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on October 11, 2014, 08:23:18 PM
Bad day for SF. Did okish in Ros/Laythrum but  I think a lot of the Laythrums voted on County loyalty basis so boosting his vote.
But that Dublin constituency is the sort of place they've been sailing in over the recent past yet they were beaten by a Loony Leftie.
Protest vote and being against everything is all very well but when it defects to a bigger protestor and more against everythinger ...... :-\

You're proud of your anti-SF stance, your prerogative. Numpty.

It says something in Dublin SW when the Blueshirts push an AAA candidate (out-and-out leftie) over the line, though it exposes nothing more than their fear of SF's strength.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 11, 2014, 11:33:33 PM

It says something in Dublin SW when the Blueshirts push an AAA candidate (out-and-out leftie) over the line, though it exposes nothing more than their fear of SF's strength.
Seen the Shinners spinning that line (easier than accepting blame themselves for not getting more of their votes out I guess) this evening, whilst ignoring the fact they got almost 1000 votes off FG & dissident FG (McMahon), while Murphy got 1850, hardly a staggering difference in their transfer rate, though enough obviously enough to tip the seat over to Murphy, while in something that SF would be quite familiar with, over 60% of the FG/diss FG vote didn't transfer to either.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 11, 2014, 11:49:18 PM

Seen the Shinners spinning that line (easier than accepting blame themselves for not getting more of their votes out I guess) this evening, whilst ignoring the fact they got almost 1000 votes off FG & dissident FG (McMahon), while Murphy got 1850, hardly a staggering difference in their transfer rate, though enough obviously enough to tip the seat over to Murphy, while in something that SF would be quite familiar with, over 60% of the FG/diss FG vote didn't transfer to either.

Boo hoo! A fairly meaningless by-election (or by-elections) in the grander scheme of things I'd say, but a knock for the Shinners nonetheless, to be sure, sort of.  :P

You Blueshirts feeling it a bit doubtless, under the oul blue-hued collar?

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on October 11, 2014, 07:39:15 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 11, 2014, 05:27:35 PM
Quote from: Ulick on October 10, 2014, 09:33:47 AM
Some craic this Sinn Féin thread, especially the first few pages. Imagine where they'd be now if they'd got rid of that liability Adams.
Maybe with another TD?

How?
By being less transfer toxic?

Or maybe by having policy that didn't "confuse" voters, as per your candidate.

Rossfan

Oh what an angry little maneen you are when things don't go your way ... ::)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on October 12, 2014, 01:13:19 PM

A bit OTT, apologies ;)

Not really my way as such, but no doubt that FF/FG/Lab are on a one-way ticket to a kleptocratic oligarchy at the behest of their neocon masters, where every public asset of any value will be funnelled into the hands of an obscenely wealthy few. And of which Irish Water is just the latest example, though certainly not the last. Can myriad disparate independents thwart that almost-inevitability? I doubt it.

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 12, 2014, 01:53:19 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 12, 2014, 01:13:19 PM

A bit OTT, apologies ;)

Not really my way as such, but no doubt that FF/FG/Lab are on a one-way ticket to a kleptocratic oligarchy at the behest of their neocon masters, where every public asset of any value will be funnelled into the hands of an obscenely wealthy few. And of which Irish Water is just the latest example, though certainly not the last. Can myriad disparate independents thwart that almost-inevitability? I doubt it.

This is after apologising for being OTT.  ;D

MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2014, 03:10:26 PM
This is after apologising for being OTT.  ;D

Exhibit A: how the kleptocratic oligarchs can get so cleanly away with it! :P