Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apparently so

Gerry Adams was in the IRA and he should be proud to have been in it

Adams wasn't in the Ra  ;D  ;D f**k sake

dec

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 09:16:41 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on May 05, 2014, 09:06:34 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 07:53:20 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2014, 07:41:56 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 04:36:43 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2014, 01:59:43 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 12:59:47 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 05, 2014, 10:03:28 AM
BBC reporting that the PPS will be looking at charges of IRA membership against Adams not the McConville murder.
If true then this proves the whole episode/charade was to try and get at/do and discredit Adams so he'd have to go
Long term that would only help sf IMO
So this must be the last efforts of Adams former ruc/Securocrat enemies still pulling the strings in psni/civil service/dept of security etc

If I was Adams I'd be a tad worried here.
There is no way they can fit him up on charges for mcconville case as it is too serious
That kite could never fly.

However, I'd think they might feel they could get away with charging him with membership -as most gullible people already think he was in it.
So all they need is a few informers to collude and gerrys word I'd fecked.
Under gfa he can no longer be done - but this charge would give northern and southern political enemies so much muck to throw that Adams really would have to stand aside!

Let's face it, membership is most def not a problem for McGuinness.
He is lauded as a statesman now and prob will be our next president.
Adams told the truth that he hadn't the guys to actually be in the IRA- though grew up, was friendly with and was trusted by the various IRA leaders in Belfast - who saw that he was a better talker and politician than they , so entrusted the political side and business with him.

Now if Adams is 'fitted up' he has to leave politics ( IMO) - which is the goal of this whole exercise I reckon!

It's pretty obvious he was a member of the IRA.
Quite the opposite actually!

But you can think what you like!

And you go ahead thinking what you want.

I've learnt there's no point arguing facts with regards SF or Adams with someone who has a dug-in position on them. Needless to say if Gerry is charged he has only one person to blame and it's not a shadowy conspiracy.
aye go on ahead and give us the info to show adams was in the IRA
the rus/psni did their dirty best over the weekend but fell short because he wasn't
but go right ahead and show us all

plenty of us in the north during the 80's knew he was nothing but a friend of the top guys in the IRA as he grew up with them, that's as close as he got. but maybe you grew up beside him and saw different!!!!

or are you from Roscommon and know better?

Anyone who believes that Adams was not in the IRA is a simpleton!!!
The only simpletons are the ones believing all they read in the press!!

Adams hadn't the guts to join the IRA, not did they want him!
He isn't ( and wasn't) liked by a lot of militant republicans !

So why did they want him at Cheyne Walk?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaffer on May 05, 2014, 09:19:22 PM
BBC reporting that the PPS will be looking at charges of IRA membership against Adams not the McConville murder.
If true then this proves the whole episode/charade was to try and get at/do and discredit Adams so he'd have to go
So this must be the last efforts of Adams former ruc/Securocrat enemies still pulling the strings in psni/civil service/dept of security etc

There is no way they can fit him up on charges for mcconville case as it is too serious

However, I'd think they might feel they could get away with charging him with membership -as most gullible people already think he was in it.
Under gfa he can no longer be done - but this charge would give northern and southern political enemies so much muck to throw that Adams really would have to stand aside!

Adams told the truth that he hadn't the guys to actually be in the IRA- though grew up, was friendly with and was trusted by the various IRA leaders in Belfast - who saw that he was a better talker and politician than they , so entrusted the political side and business with him.

Now if Adams is 'fitted up' he has to leave politics ( IMO) - which is the goal of this whole exercise I reckon!

I've learnt there's no point arguing facts with regards SF or Adams with someone who has a dug-in position on them. Needless to say if Gerry is charged he has only one person to blame and it's not a shadowy conspiracy.
the rus/psni did their dirty best over the weekend but fell short because he wasn't

plenty of us in the north during the 80's knew he was nothing but a friend of the top guys in the IRA as he grew up with them, that's as close as he got. but maybe you grew up beside him and saw different!!!!

How do you know that he hadn't the guts?

I read a lot about Billy Wright being a sectarian murderer. Was I a simpleton for believing that that was true?
Was that not reporting on actual factual evidence proven against wright...
Plus his own admissions of actions and operations

I don't know whether you are a simpleton or not!

Linking Adams with the IRA is an affront to the volunteers

foxcommander

Quote from: dec on May 05, 2014, 09:22:01 PM

So why did they want him at Cheyne Walk?

probably because he was better at reeding and riting than the rest of them. and he had glasses which made him seem intelligent.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Gaffer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

I read a lot about Billy Wright being a sectarian murderer. Was I a simpleton for believing that that was true?

No hard evidence that Billy was a murderer.

Just hearsay and newspaper articles just like the bearded one!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaffer on May 05, 2014, 09:52:54 PM

Don't believe that is the case but I'm not student of wright

Gaffer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 09:58:37 PM

It is the case.

orangeman

Queue the choreographer

SINN Fein Gerry Adams has been informed of a "credible threat" against his life, the party's Belfast Office has confirmed.

A PSNI officer visited Mr Adams's home last night and informed the Sinn Fein President's family that a live threat had been established.

Mr Adams was not at home at the time and the information was passed onto his wife Collette.

According to a statement from Sinn Fein's Justice spokesperson in the North, Raymond McCartney, the death threat was also made against fellow Sinn Fein figure Bobby Storey.

"I can confirm that the PSNI visited the homes of Gerry Adams and Bobby Storey last night to warn them of a credible threat against their lives," Mr McCartney said.

"The PSNI officer told Gerry Adams wife Collette that they had information of a "serious threat from criminals" to Gerry Adams who was not at home at the time.

"Clearly there are elements that are opposed to the peace process and anti Sinn Féin. We will not allow them to succeed nor will we be deflected from our determination to build the peace process."

A police spokesman said the force did not discuss the security of any individual.

Main Street

It's quite feasible that Adams wasn't in the IRA.
His every public utterance has been to  support the IRA and he has shouldered the coffins of  IRA  volunteers who died in actions which were publically despised, it would be no big leap of faith for him to admit to actually being a member.

But I would find hard to believe that he didn't at any stage take the oath of allegiance.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaffer on May 05, 2014, 10:31:49 PM

It is the case.
I am not one to believe the lines if Wikipedia but check out its piece on weight
He did 6 years for uvf and arms offenses and was leader of uvf and then founded the MBD ( I remember that one)
So think you are wrong about this one as well as about adams

Wildweasel74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdeKEbTQt0s&feature=youtu.be

Thin Lizzy coming to a station near you!

Gaffer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 11:35:40 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on May 05, 2014, 10:31:49 PM

It is the case.
I am not one to believe the lines if Wikipedia but check out its piece on weight
He did 6 years for uvf and arms offenses and was leader of uvf and then founded the MBD ( I remember that one)
So think you are wrong about this one as well as about adams

Was there hard evidence that Billy Wright was a sectarian murderer? The answer to that is no. It was all hearsay and newspaper articles. Exactly the same as in Adams case.

For what it's worth I do believe that Wright was a sectarian murderer. As I believe that Adams was in the Ra.

orangeman

Peter firing a shot across SF's bows.

Northern Ireland's first minister has said his party would have tried to exclude Sinn Féin from government if it had not "corrected" its support for the Police Service of Northern Ireland.

Sinn Féin had criticised police over the arrest of their party leader Gerry Adams and hinted they would review their support if he was charged.

Gerry Adams was questioned over a 1972 murder but released without charge.

Following his release, Mr Adams said he still supported the PSNI.

'Pledge of office'

Mr Robinson, who leads the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP), said if Sinn Féin had withdrawn its support, his party would have brought an exclusion motion before the assembly.

"We would not be slow in bringing forward a motion for their exclusion. Indeed, if Sinn Féin had not corrected their position the motion would have gone down," he said.

Mr Robinson also questioned whether the deputy first minister, Sinn Féin's Martin McGuinness, had breached his pledge of office, which requires support for the police.

On Friday, while Mr Adams was still in custody, Mr McGuinness hinted that Sinn Féin might look again at whether it would continue to support the PSNI.

The party claimed the arrest was politically motivated and deliberately timed in order to influence the outcome of elections in three weeks' time.

The DUP leader called on Mr McGuinness to clarify his views after the Sinn Féin MLA made allegations about some senior police officers.

Hereiam

Oh the big powerful Peter showing his power there.

Applesisapples

Reading through the last 20 pages on Adams, one word springs to mind...hypocrisy, politics north and south is all based on the rank hypocrisy. Peter the Punt has no issue with commemorations for UVF terrorist gun runners in 1914, or his party members sharing common cause in the last three decades with other loyalist terrorists. But when it comes to republicans well...that's different. Same in the South, Gilmore's sticky past, the foundation of the old Free State, we are led to believe that that was led by Choirboys, butter wouldn't melt! From partition on till now all sides have plenty to answer for. The British, Loyalists, Republicans and authorities in the South. It has been forgotton amidst all rhetoric over Adams alleged involvement in the murder of Jean McConville that things in the North were so bad in that period the Jack Lynch had consider invasion. We are in a better place now. It is all to easy to judge the actions of 40/50 years ago with the 20/20 vision of today. Adams and McGuinness have made this possible, no one else could have, Republicans needed to be led from within. Just a pity that PUL community has not had similar leadership. The arrest and detention of Adams was unnecessary, if there had been any credible evidence against him do you think for one moment he'd have handed himself in? Hard as it is for victims, and easy as it is for me to say. There was hurt and killings on all sides, time to embrace Haas and draw a line...But loyalists can't move on. The further they move from glorifying past victories over the Irish the further they move towards reunification and integration.