Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: AQMP on January 29, 2014, 05:11:44 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 29, 2014, 03:13:05 PM
Quote from: glens abu on January 29, 2014, 01:31:41 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 29, 2014, 12:32:48 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2014, 11:58:50 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on January 29, 2014, 11:31:50 AM
Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2014, 10:48:34 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on January 28, 2014, 12:21:37 AMIf Adams admitted being in the IRA he would be arrested.

Of course Kenny's "were you in the IRA, Deputy Adams?" mantra is tiresome, but presenting this line of argument with a straight face always makes me laugh. It doesn't seem to occur to the faithful that it defeats the purpose of deifying Adams to present his motivation for lying as no different to that of any common criminal.

Most of "the faithful" don't regard a conviction for IRA membership as being a mark of a common criminal. If Adams was in the IRA (and I'd be very disappointed in him if he hadn't been), then more power to him for staying out of jail.

Point missed completely.

This SF attitude of the faithful is why SF will never make proper inroads 8n the Republic, the Provos are as despised as the Loyalist terror groups and drug gangs.

would be surprised if Johnny Adair or the Monk would have topped the poll on Louth.but you might be right ::)

Louth is full of blow ins from the North, with views more consistent with north of the border.

I looked this up the time of the 2006 census and it memory serves me right I think the population of Louth who were born in the North was somewhere round 5% - 6%.

Don't be silly "Mayo the Indo "tells us they are all from the North so your census is wrong

Feckitt

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 28, 2014, 12:21:37 AMIf Adams admitted being in the IRA he would be arrested.

Of course Kenny's "were you in the IRA, Deputy Adams?" mantra is tiresome, but presenting this line of argument with a straight face always makes me laugh. It doesn't seem to occur to the faithful that it defeats the purpose of deifying Adams to present his motivation for lying as no different to that of any common criminal.

Most of "the faithful" don't regard a conviction for IRA membership as being a mark of a common criminal. If Adams was in the IRA (and I'd be very disappointed in him if he hadn't been), then more power to him for staying out of jail.

Point missed completely.

This SF attitude of the faithful is why SF will never make proper inroads 8n the Republic, the Provos are as despised as the Loyalist terror groups and drug gangs.

would be surprised if Johnny Adair or the Monk would have topped the poll on Louth.but you might be right ::)

Louth is full of blow ins from the North, with views more consistent with north of the border.

I looked this up the time of the 2006 census and it memory serves me right I think the population of Louth who were born in the North was somewhere round 5% - 6%.

Yep and most of those are real Louth people who are availing of the better healthcare just up the road in Newry.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Feckitt on January 29, 2014, 05:30:39 PM

Point missed completely.

Yep and most of those are real Louth people who are availing of the better healthcare just up the road in Newry.

Surely their % of the electorate would be significantly higher than their % of the general population. I hazard to guess close on 90-100% of folk from across the border voted Gerry, while the native Louth and blowins from Meath and Dublin vote would have been split.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 29, 2014, 04:50:39 PM
One arsehole on this board some time back informed me that he was well qualified to speak on the troubles for no other reason than because he heard about it on the news in the south. It's honestly amazing that some of those who grew up under such draconian state censorship honestly think they are in a position to lecture.

This logic would disqualify some of you from lecturing on any issue in the South, but it sure doesn't stop people the likes of Lawnseed.

The censorship was idiotic and a complete violation of a basic right to free speech. The TV stations made it even more idiotic by using an actors voice. Thus the farcical appearance that it was Adams' voice that was offensive, not what he had to say.
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

I see Martin McGuinness has defied the party once more by publicly supporting Caterpillar today. What a hypocrite, and what an insult to his party members who passed the motion at the Ard Fheis to boycott Caterpillar. As George Orwell so rightly put it "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/debateni/press-feed/ministers-welcome-caterpillar-expansion-29961986.html

"The deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness said: "The First Minister and I met with Senior Executives in Caterpillar as part of our trade mission to the US in October 2013. During this meeting we reinforced our commitment to work closely with Caterpillar to protect existing jobs and identify areas of possible expansion.

"This further investment by Caterpillar is good news for employees, the local economy and is a strong endorsement of what the north of Ireland has to offer. It confirms our position as an excellent investment location for global companies."
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

lawnseed

Point missed completely.

plenty of blowins around Dundalk.. plenty of them from further afield than nordieland  :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

Point missed completely.
perhaps you could rephrase your point hardy. what is it that makes you laugh about a political representative asking a pertinent question on behalf of his constituent to the leader of the government and him trotting out a line that he has learned off by heart

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: muppet on January 29, 2014, 05:49:16 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on January 29, 2014, 04:50:39 PM
One arsehole on this board some time back informed me that he was well qualified to speak on the troubles for no other reason than because he heard about it on the news in the south. It's honestly amazing that some of those who grew up under such draconian state censorship honestly think they are in a position to lecture.

This logic would disqualify some of you from lecturing on any issue in the South, but it sure doesn't stop people the likes of Lawnseed.

The censorship was idiotic and a complete violation of a basic right to free speech. The TV stations made it even more idiotic by using an actors voice. Thus the farcical appearance that it was Adams' voice that was offensive, not what he had to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6UhXivPyw4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Maguire01

If Adams was in the IRA (and I'd be very disappointed in him if he hadn't been), then more power to him for staying out of jail. Up the Provos :)
Are there any particular IRA 'operations' where you'd "be very disappointed in him if he hadn't been" involved?

lawnseed

Wexford.. ZR men.. Same old message vote for change. why bother?

Maguire01

armaghniac

I wonder has he paid or the image rights for Garth, or has he used the Northern Bank approach?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 10, 2014, 08:16:40 PM
A new one on me...

Mmmmmmmuuuussstttttttt resist blatantly obvious, grossly overused one-liner.............arrrggghhhhh.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Interesting bit on News tonight about an Exhibition on the "Disappeared" being held in Drogheda.
A wonder Lawnseed or some of the other Pro SF regulars hadn't a comment on it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on February 10, 2014, 09:14:11 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 10, 2014, 08:16:40 PM
A new one on me...

Mmmmmmmuuuussstttttttt resist blatantly obvious, grossly overused one-liner.............arrrggghhhhh.
go on you might as well..  ::)