Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 28, 2013, 10:32:08 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 28, 2013, 10:50:04 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 25, 2013, 06:32:52 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 25, 2013, 08:55:56 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 25, 2013, 07:51:29 AM
...during the years of republican murder and violence...

Ah is that what it was? Here was me thinking it was a politically motivated conflict but apparently not. Apparently it was just "years of republican murder and violence".
Did republicans not murder anyone? Gerry Adams called it murder on RTÉ a few weeks ago. Was there no republican violence? Did I make any comment on the motivation for it?

Gerry Adams can call it whatever he wants, he doesn't speak for me. Most right thinking people wouldn't just term the past few decades as "the years of republican murder and violence".
How do you define 'right thinking'?
I've no interest in defining it. It's clear to me though that no right thinking person could simply term the past few decades as "the years of republican murder and violence".
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 28, 2013, 11:24:09 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 28, 2013, 10:32:08 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 28, 2013, 10:50:04 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 25, 2013, 06:32:52 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 25, 2013, 08:55:56 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 25, 2013, 07:51:29 AM
...during the years of republican murder and violence...

Ah is that what it was? Here was me thinking it was a politically motivated conflict but apparently not. Apparently it was just "years of republican murder and violence".
Did republicans not murder anyone? Gerry Adams called it murder on RTÉ a few weeks ago. Was there no republican violence? Did I make any comment on the motivation for it?

Gerry Adams can call it whatever he wants, he doesn't speak for me. Most right thinking people wouldn't just term the past few decades as "the years of republican murder and violence".
How do you define 'right thinking'?
I've no interest in defining it. It's clear to me though that no right thinking person could simply term the past few decades as "the years of republican murder and violence".
Well if it's clear to you it must be so.

orangeman

SF are back with the Chief Constable in tow -

PSNI Chief Constable Matt Baggott attends first Sinn Féin event Chief Constable Matt Baggott is attending the Sinn Fein-organised conference in Belfast Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Nesbitt pulls out of SF conference
Baggott in SF conference pledge

Northern Ireland's police chief has said that there needs to be a dialogue about what policing does.

Chief Constable Matt Baggott was addressing delegates to a conference called Belfast: A City of Equals in an Island of Equals.

He said the PSNI was increasingly being dragged into toxic areas such as parades and the past.

Mr Baggott and other PSNI officers were attending a Sinn Féin-organised event for the first time.

Sinn Féin's Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness were heckled by up to 20 loyalists as they arrived at the conference at Belfast's Europa Hotel.

After that, the PSNI delegation entered the hotel through a side door.

In 2011, said Mr Baggot said he would accept an invitation to address Sinn Féin's ard fheis (annual party conference) at some point in the future.

The Ulster Unionist party leader Mike Nesbitt had agreed to give a "keynote address" to the City of Equals conference, but pulled out of the event because of remarks made by Sinn Féin's John O'Dowd.

Mr O'Dowd sparked controversy in a BBC TV debate last month, when he dismissed concerns from the UUP, SDLP and Alliance that they had been kept in the dark about proposals for tackling sectarianism and division by replying: "So what?"

EC Unique

I doubt if many will loose sleep over Nesbitts absence. The UU are of a similar importance to NI politics as the SDLP.

Rossfan

Very thin skin for a politician. ::)
The Unionist vision of a "shared " future -
1- heckle/abuse Nationalists
2- don't take part in any public events if Sinn Féin are there

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

give her dixie

Sure only a couple of weeks ago they joined forces with the SDLP and approved the use of unmanned Drones for the British Govt to spy on Irish citizens.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Kidder81

Quote from: give her dixie on June 07, 2013, 03:31:27 PM
Sure only a couple of weeks ago they joined forces with the SDLP and approved the use of unmanned Drones for the British Govt to spy on Irish citizens.

Who did ?

give her dixie

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 07, 2013, 04:25:50 PM

Who did ?

SF did. Does it surprise you?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Kidder81

Quote from: give her dixie on June 07, 2013, 04:35:36 PM

Who did ?

Didn't know that. Nothing would surprise me about the politicians here. Why has this not received any media coverage ?

orangeman

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 07, 2013, 04:38:42 PM

Who did ?

Didn't know that. Nothing would surprise me about the politicians here. Why has this not received any media coverage ?

Ssssssshhhh.

glens abu

Who did ?

When and where?

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on June 07, 2013, 05:29:53 PM

Who did ?

When and where?
I assume he's referring to the purchase and use of drones, approved by the Policing Board (on which SF sit) in April. They will be used by the PSNI (not the British Government) - I don't see how it's any different to any other means of police surveillance.

Maguire01

Quote from: Rossfan on June 07, 2013, 03:07:40 PM
Very thin skin for a politician. ::)
The Unionist vision of a "shared " future -
1- heckle/abuse Nationalists
2- don't take part in any public events if Sinn Féin are there
Well in this case it was a SF event, so maybe he thought that if John O'Dowd can't be bothered, why should he support a SF event?
I don't have any time for him myself, but your statement is a bit too 'broad brush'.

Maguire01

Quote from: EC Unique on June 07, 2013, 02:07:54 PM
I doubt if many will loose sleep over Nesbitts absence. The UU are of a similar importance to NI politics as the SDLP.
He must have been considered important enough for SF to invite him to speak in the first place, surely?

Not much point in having outreach conferences if you're only reaching out to those who share the same position.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 07, 2013, 06:07:30 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 07, 2013, 02:07:54 PM
He must have been considered important enough for SF to invite him to speak in the first place, surely?

Not much point in having outreach conferences if you're only reaching out to those who share the same position.
Fella outside the Europa with an "Equality for Loyalist" placard  ::)