Fermanagh v Antrim - the battle for the Wooden spoon

Started by FermGael, May 25, 2015, 12:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

See Antrim against Derry a few weeks, ago thought they looked alright but again that was in a friendly

redzone

yeah sorry about that,somebody mrntioned it to me one yime and didnt know if it was true or not.sorry again

bannside

I saw Kevin playing last week and he was going well. On that showing he still has game time in him for St Galls seniors. Some character alright with no back doors. I'd say he would be some craic to be on the lash with.

Main Street

Quote from: redzone on May 25, 2015, 10:55:30 PM
yeah sorry about that,somebody mrntioned it to me one yime and didnt know if it was true or not.sorry again
Must have been really bad form, if it was considered tasteless by Antrim standards.

I'll definitely watch the game live on rte. I like these type of competitive championship games.

theticklemister

Quote from: SaffronHeart on May 25, 2015, 10:12:20 PM
He still plays club for St.Galls when he can be arsed. Few screws loose but that's what made part of his game. I Remember him emptying Sean Cavanagh one day at Casement as soon as he came on, he wasnt overawed by anyone unlike a few other Antrim players.

So to prove why he was overawed he emptied some fella.  Well done him.

imtommygunn

Quote from: bannside on May 25, 2015, 11:56:15 PM
I saw Kevin playing last week and he was going well. On that showing he still has game time in him for St Galls seniors. Some character alright with no back doors. I'd say he would be some craic to be on the lash with.

I think he ran the belfast marathon in a respectable enough time so must be looking after himself.

Hard to see antrim win this one but the same could have been said at this time last year so who knows.

GrandMasterFlash

I haven't seen much of Antrim this year but can't see past Fermanagh for this one. PMcG has them playing with confidence and belief.. E Donnelly will definitely be a miss but I still fancy Fermanagh by 4/5 points.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Main Street on May 25, 2015, 11:57:55 PM
Must have been really bad form, if it was considered tasteless by Antrim standards.

I'll definitely watch the game live on rte. I like these type of competitive championship games.

I don't think it's on RTE is it?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 26, 2015, 09:27:34 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 25, 2015, 11:57:55 PM

I don't think it's on RTE is it?

It would appear not: http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/national-fixtures/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship/ulster/

Taken from the BBC NI website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/32612140

"Fermanagh's game with Antrim will have a deferred showing on 31 May before the live TV matches resume with Derry's tussle with Down on 7 June."

T Fearon

On the subject of Tom Elliott,it was nice to see UUP leader Mike Nesbitt at the charity GAA game in Newcastle on Monday night.He is a frequent attender and he pointed out to Caral Ni Chuilin recently that he has been at 3 All Ireland Finals while asking her how many she's been at! ;D

GrandMasterFlash

Hypothetical question but if Antrim had home advantage where would this game be played?

imtommygunn

I don't think we have a ground capable of holding a championship game  :(

It would either have to be neutral or we'd lose home advantage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 28, 2015, 10:17:18 AM
I don't think we have a ground capable of holding a championship game  :(

It would either have to be neutral or we'd lose home advantage.

Well its to be shit weather (no surprise) on Sunday so it might at least for Antrim's sake keep the score down, sure if nothing else the Antrim lads can look forward to something nice to eat on the way back home eh!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Bearded One

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 28, 2015, 10:16:02 AM
Hypothetical question but if Antrim had home advantage where would this game be played?

A question worth consideration. If the game finishes level it should be replayed at an Antrim venue which I would assume in the current circumstances means that Antrim forfeit a home match and the game will be played at a neutral venue?
It is what it is. Presumably.

Darby

This isn't the battle for the wooden spoon. Tyrone lost the preliminary round match, and are the only team in Ulster not to make the quarter-finals.