Stefan Campbell signs for Lurgan Celtic

Started by T Fearon, August 31, 2017, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

StGallsGAA

Quote from: T Fearon on August 31, 2017, 06:19:04 PM
End of Armagh career?

Armagh typically play 2 championship games a season. I'm sure he can fit those into his soccer schedule...

tonto1888

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 03, 2017, 08:59:16 PM
End of Armagh career?

Armagh typically play 2 championship games a season. I'm sure he can fit those into his soccer schedule...

When was the last time we played two championship games in a summer

BennyCake

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 03, 2017, 09:27:51 PM
End of Armagh career?

T Fearon

His soccer commitments will leave him unavailable for all of the National League.Lurgan Celtic are riding high in the Irish League's First Division and were Irish Cup semi finalists two years ago.This is not recreational soccer.I can't see this being accommodated by Mc Geeney who demands full commitment.He didn't have a great season with Armagh and it looks to me as if he has opted for soccer.

LCohen

End of Armagh career?

Or the making of it? Who knows?

The lad needs to get fit. Actually playing rather than repetitive training might just be logical?

The money might come in handy for s few months?

He could be fed up with the commitment needed for GAA?

He could be fed up with the style of football he is being asked to play?

Who knows?

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyCake on September 03, 2017, 11:33:34 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 03, 2017, 09:27:51 PM
End of Armagh career?

We played three that year

redhandefender

End of Armagh career?

Who cares, your county is irrelevant, why the main board

haveaharp

Quote from: redhandefender on September 04, 2017, 02:08:42 PM
End of Armagh career?

Who cares, your county is irrelevant, why the main board

The drugs don't work, they just make you worse...........

illdecide

£2k signing on fee plus £200 a week and all with Kieran McGeeney's approval...Win win situation for Stefan

Oh wait, i just made that all up...Who cares how he keeps himself fit from now to January and gets a few quid for doing so ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on September 04, 2017, 04:04:15 PM
£2k signing on fee plus £200 a week and all with Kieran McGeeney's approval...Win win situation for Stefan

Oh wait, i just made that all up...Who cares how he keeps himself fit from now to January and gets a few quid for doing so ::)

I was actually believing you 😂😂

T Fearon

Consider this.Lurgan Celtic have realistic ambitions of promotion and Cup runs.They are not a Mid Ulster League Junior Football outfit.I doubt therefore they'd sign a player who was only going to be available for half the season.

Throw ball

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2017, 06:16:18 PM
Consider this.Lurgan Celtic have realistic ambitions of promotion and Cup runs.They are not a Mid Ulster League Junior Football outfit.I doubt therefore they'd sign a player who was only going to be available for half the season.

Why not? Did David Beckham , Robbie Keane etc. not sign for European professional teams during American off season?
Henrick Larsson also signed for Manchester United for a couple of months.

T Fearon

Name me another prominent County GAA player who has signed for an Irish League or League of Ireland club,in recent times? The only one I can think of is Eoin Bradley who has not played for Derry since