Kilkenny

Started by seafoid, May 04, 2016, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

You mustn't have spent too much time in the company of supporters of the Armagh one hit wonders if you think the Kilkenny lads are arrogant.
If they are they have something to be arrogant about
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

stew

Quote from: Avondhu star on September 10, 2017, 07:43:56 AM
You mustn't have spent too much time in the company of supporters of the Armagh one hit wonders if you think the Kilkenny lads are arrogant.
If they are they have something to be arrogant about

I spend all my time with Armagh supporters, we have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about, Kilkenny don't even bother to play football, all their recourses go t playing hurling, there are about six decent teams in hurling, the rest are fluff, nobody has the right to be arrogant and again their fans, the ones that I met were arrogant bastards, just my experience, I despise the county for that as well as their love for the Royals and the brits in general, a loathesome county if ever there was one! :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

I never found KK fans to be arrogant. That would be Tipp
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Kilkenny folks usually play everything down and always come across as easy going.
However put a shtick in their paws......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on September 10, 2017, 01:51:39 PM

That would be my sentiments as well.

seafoid

Not even one on the TSG team of the year.
That is really something.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Real Talker

For anyone interested in podcasts lads, we had Michael Fennelly on for an hour this week.

The 2011 Hurler of the Year was incredibly honest about the impact his love of hurling has had on his body and mind and the many challenges he has had to overcome.

Now in the latter end of his career at 32, he has changed jobs, studied leadership, started lecturing and began a journey into the entrepreneurial world. There is zero doubt that Michael Fennelly is much more than just a hurler.

You can listen here or search 'Real Talks' on iTunes or SoundCloud: http://realtalks.ie/podcast/episode-12-michael-fennelly/

gallsman

Quote from: johnneycool on September 15, 2017, 08:04:04 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 10, 2017, 01:51:39 PM

That would be my sentiments as well.

You know the old saying about Tipp fans. Could never get over the one in a row.

imtommygunn

Are cork perceived arrogant or just tipp?

AZOffaly

Tipps arrogance is, I think, a bit misunderstood. They have great confidence in themselves gan dabht, but they fully recognise the threat the likes of Galway, Kilkenny, Cork etc pose. There weren't too many Tipp fans overly cocky going into the Galway game the last 3 years for example. They are also inordinately hard on their own team when they lose, similar to the Kerry fans in football.

I think the arrogance comes from their attitude to the weaker counties. They have no concept that a team like Offaly, Dublin, Antrim, Laois etc could ever beat them and shouldn't be on the the same field as them.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2017, 08:20:32 AM
Tipps arrogance is, I think, a bit misunderstood. They have great confidence in themselves gan dabht, but they fully recognise the threat the likes of Galway, Kilkenny, Cork etc pose. There weren't too many Tipp fans overly cocky going into the Galway game the last 3 years for example. They are also inordinately hard on their own team when they lose, similar to the Kerry fans in football.

I think the arrogance comes from their attitude to the weaker counties. They have no concept that a team like Offaly, Dublin, Antrim, Laois etc could ever beat them and shouldn't be on the the same field as them.
they still cannot accept how well Westmeath did against them this year

shark

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 20, 2017, 12:38:47 PM

Speaking of which, how the hell did Tommy Doyle not get an all-Star nomination? Has Callinan ever been roasted to the level he was that night?

AZOffaly

Quote from: shark on September 20, 2017, 01:19:09 PM

Speaking of which, how the hell did Tommy Doyle not get an all-Star nomination? Has Callinan ever been roasted to the level he was that night?

He was roasted by Doyle previously.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: shark on September 20, 2017, 01:19:09 PM

Westmeath played 5 games in the championship. Its obvious the people who chose players never saw one Westmeath game

i'm trying to figure out how Shane O'Donnell got a nomination