Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: AQMP on November 21, 2017, 09:47:08 AM
Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2017, 09:17:54 AM
There is a semblance of a point to Tony's argument here.. His jokes are shite almost all the time pathetic even but were they said about different people or even by someone other than Tony they'd pass by almost unnoticed.

There a fair bit of playing the man not the ball going on..

I agree.  There's a fair bit of "neck winding in" required here too.  Let's face it, the comment may have failed the first rule of comedy i.e. it wasn't funny, but there's a queue forming here to see who can be the first to be offended and who can be most offended.
You have to be guarded about these things sure but personally speaking I wasn't offended by it at all... more so just rolling the eyes at this person who's meant to be nearer thy god to thee but continually comes out with this sick humor for an internet lol. Says something about him that this is one of his things rather than just some one off. No harm in calling that out I don't think
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AQMP

Quote from: theskull1 on November 21, 2017, 10:30:54 AM
There is a semblance of a point to Tony's argument here.. His jokes are shite almost all the time pathetic even but were they said about different people or even by someone other than Tony they'd pass by almost unnoticed.

I agree.  There's a fair bit of "neck winding in" required here too.  Let's face it, the comment may have failed the first rule of comedy i.e. it wasn't funny, but there's a queue forming here to see who can be the first to be offended and who can be most offended.
You have to be guarded about these things sure but personally speaking I wasn't offended by it at all... more so just rolling the eyes at this person who's meant to be nearer thy god to thee but continually comes out with this sick humor for an internet lol. Says something about him that this is one of his things rather than just some one off. No harm in calling that out I don't think

Fair enough skull, good point.

theskull1

It really does beg the question ..... "What makes intelligent people do this?"  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AQMP

Quote from: theskull1 on November 21, 2017, 10:58:19 AM
It really does beg the question ..... "What makes intelligent people do this?"  ::)

Indeed.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on November 18, 2017, 07:19:22 PM
Is he now on the Highway to Hell?
If he is he will no doubt meet some of your misguided clerics along the way.

T Fearon

For the record I know all about cancer and what its like to lose someone close at a very young age.But using a celebrity's profession to make a harmless joke after they have fought the good fight is not malicious.

Mocking the death of any human regarding political differences etc is a whole different scenario and something I would never contemplate.

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on November 21, 2017, 12:07:14 PM
For the record I know all about cancer and what its like to lose someone close at a very young age.But using a celebrity's profession to make a harmless joke after they have fought the good fight is not malicious.

Mocking the death of any human regarding political differences etc is a whole different scenario and something I would never contemplate.

It is offensive.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: T Fearon on November 21, 2017, 12:07:14 PM

yer just makin rules up now chap

id be the first to admit my own sense of humour wouldn't be everyones cup of tea, ive in the past texted some stuff to a mate who would reply with "that's not funny", so do you know what, I stopped it.....s'all about knowin yer audience Tony

Tony Baloney

If someone else said it I would still have commented on it. I would be repelled by anyone making light of a woman dying from cancer at the age of 49. It's simply not funny. The cumulative effect of Tony continually using this thread to make stupid, unfunny jokes at the expense of the dead, added to him taking grave offence at anything related to the Catholic Church, makes it all the more pathetic.

T Fearon

But its alright to mock and take delight at the deaths of people whose politics you disagreed with? Double standards.

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on November 21, 2017, 02:23:07 PM
But its alright to mock and take delight at the deaths of people whose politics you disagreed with? Double standards.

No - its ok to make jokes about serial full time see you next tuesdays like Ian Paisley Maggie Jimmy savile etc. Its not about politics its about the fact they were vile human beings and the world is better without them.

longballin

Too bad this has descended into a debate about Tony's need to joke about the death of a sports woman through cancer...

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on November 21, 2017, 02:23:07 PM
I don't think you are being deliberately offensive, your jokes are just crap.

T Fearon

Ok I'll work on my comedy act.

Seriously double standards here.

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on November 21, 2017, 05:51:43 PM
Ok I'll work on my comedy act.

Seriously double standards here.

FFS, will you drop the shovel and walk way