Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Targetman

These hoors are putting the boot in here!

lenny

Quote from: Targetman on September 20, 2017, 07:57:23 PM
These hoors are putting the boot in here!

And ref letting them away with it.

Targetman

Yea, feck they should've equalised there

Targetman

Handy enough tonight with no injuries picked up ( surprisingly) so it's over to ibrox on Saturday to sort that lot out and more importantly Anderlecht next week, hail hail!!

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Hectic on September 20, 2017, 03:21:38 PM
I see Neil McCann is all over the newspapers today crying about the 'disgusting abuse' he receives from Celtic supporters before going on to say it does not bother him. 

Firstly why cry to the media about it if it does not bother him, secondly what is with the timing? and finally what does he think makes him special? 

There are plenty of characters down the years involved with Celtic, Rangers and Sevco who have been the target for abuse and while the like of Barry Ferguson wore it as a badge of honour you also had the exceptional case of Neil Lennon yet I never heard him come out before any Hibs Sevco games blowing things to the level McCann has. 

I would suggest it is McCanns character and spitefulness, particularly evident in his media work that turns a lot of Celtic fans off him.

Which newspapers?

ashman

I see Neil McCann is all over the newspapers today crying about the 'disgusting abuse' he receives from Celtic supporters before going on to say it does not bother him. 

Firstly why cry to the media about it if it does not bother him, secondly what is with the timing? and finally what does he think makes him special? 

There are plenty of characters down the years involved with Celtic, Rangers and Sevco who have been the target for abuse and while the like of Barry Ferguson wore it as a badge of honour you also had the exceptional case of Neil Lennon yet I never heard him come out before any Hibs Sevco games blowing things to the level McCann has. 

I would suggest it is McCanns character and spitefulness, particularly evident in his media work that turns a lot of Celtic fans off him.

You strike me as an angry little man .

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on September 20, 2017, 05:39:24 PM

That's what the bigots claimed were the reasons for the abuse directed at Neil Lennon.

Lennon got a hell of a lot of abuse before he ever done any media work. As soon as he stepped foot in Glasgow he was getting it.

Applesisapples

I have to say I never heard Neil McCann being anything other than professional when commenting on Celtic matches. He was a Celtic fan as a boy I read somewhere.

Hectic

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 21, 2017, 12:25:23 AM

Which newspapers?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-mccann-slams-celtic-fans-11204885

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rangers-celtic-neil-mccann-dundee-11205750

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/neil-mccann-isn-t-fazed-by-disgusting-abuse-from-celtic-fans-1-4565351

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/spfl/1327670/dundee-boss-reveals-despicable-abuse-celtic-fans/

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/ex-rangers-dundee-boss-neil-mccann-says-hes-received-disgusting-abuse-celtic-fans/

That's is a few

Hectic

Quote from: Main Street on September 20, 2017, 05:39:24 PM

That's what the bigots claimed were the reasons for the abuse directed at Neil Lennon.

Yes that was the excuse that was used about Lennon I accept but if you listened to McCann in his media days his continuous anti-Celtic spiels got so expected they became tiresome. 

I do not doubt some of the abuse he has got is disgusting but I do not remember Neil Lennon continually commentating on Rangers in a manner where every few minutes he could not hide his dislike for them or having an inability to give them any credit whatsoever, scorn achievements and suggest good player after good player should be looking to play elsewhere when being paid to promote the Scottish game. 

And anyone who aligns the abuse Lennon and McCann got/get is living in cloud cuckoo land plus Lennon was never filmed with a Celtic director singing sectarian songs. 

I am not saying any abuse is right or justified but what I am saying is that there is an element of hypocrisy with McCann complaining about it being given out when he has not been slow himself from his media role, his own sectarianism, his taunting of Celtic supporters in his playing days etc.  Plus on the eve of what was always going to be a fairly routine game for Celtic against Dundee I just wondered why he was trying to fan flames. 

Hectic

Quote from: ashman on September 21, 2017, 12:34:45 AM

You strike me as an angry little man .

Very little to be angry about these days as a Celtic supporter :) 

Targetman

I had to laugh last night at Mc Coist's assertion that Rodgers would pick his team for Saturday depending on mad Pedro's team selection, totally shot down by Chris Sutton leaving wee Ally standing like a scowled schoolboy, Griff's wee zombie walk when going to take the corner has me wondering what's he gonna do on Saturday if he scores!!

T Fearon

Celtic v Hibs and Neil Lennon in League Cup semi final

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2017, 09:50:54 PM
Celtic v Hibs and Neil Lennon in League Cup semi final

Totally predictable draw, Motherwell will be happy enough right up until they get effed by bad referring decisions against sevco.

Sevco Celtic finale on the cards, happy days.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hectic

Quote from: Targetman on September 21, 2017, 08:57:29 PM
I had to laugh last night at Mc Coist's assertion that Rodgers would pick his team for Saturday depending on mad Pedro's team selection, totally shot down by Chris Sutton leaving wee Ally standing like a scowled schoolboy, Griff's wee zombie walk when going to take the corner has me wondering what's he gonna do on Saturday if he scores!!

Aye that and Ally wanting Ntcham sent off for two similar offences where he collided with a Dundee player despite some of the OTT challenges that were flying in. Like McCann it it is in a way good to listen to them greeting as Celtic go marching on.

I was sorry to draw Hibs. Would like to have seen Lennon deal with Sevco in the semis but I suppose in that case we were just going to have to beat him in the final.

So complacency the only thing against us tomorrow. Given it is not far off evens for a Celtic win tomorrow I am trying to decide what to put on the win then spread the same amount over the haandicaps. Did I say complacency?