Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

I bloody forgot about relegation/promotion playoffs LOL
Could be a lengthy lay off for some teams while championship finishes.

tinder5

Quote from: WT4E on September 18, 2017, 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: tinder5 on September 18, 2017, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 18, 2017, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: tc_manchester on September 18, 2017, 02:21:09 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 18, 2017, 02:11:28 PM
I'd say the solution will be change the Sunday double header to Thursday Night in Omagh 7pm and 8.30pm

Change Owen Roes and Fintona to Saturday.

Simples
Fintona have a golf function on Saturday that they're running in conjuction with the Michaela Foundation

Garvaghy could hold that game on Friday evening?

So its okay to shaft Junior clubs again by being expected to move Garvaghy? Why can't Omagh/Ardboe go there?
Obviously Garvaghy wouldn't be able to hold it due to support and the thought of it being played there is crazy but my point is, no club should be expected to play a championship game in Garvaghy. That's not what it was built for. The Derg & Derrylaughan game should never have been played there!

The CCC are obviously  trying to get it wrapped up as best possible to avoid the situation where clubs are playing promotion/relegation playoffs in november after a lengthly period of time off. Id expect D1 & D2 relegation playoffs to be played the weekend 30th Sept if both Eskra & Greencastle are beaten this weekend. Junior football also has 2 rounds of fixtures to fit in to determine home playoffs etc. And i'd expect the first one of those rounds to be played the weekend of 30th Sept. Id say due to a vast number of complaints in previous years the CCC want those play offs played before November unlike the previous few years. Therefore cant see these fixtures being changed... However it does lead to a lot more problems for the CCC in the future.

Fixtures aren't ideal but they aren't the worst either!

Not saying shaft junior clubs just trying to think of solution.

Also what happens if Omagh/Ardboe draw? this wouldn't help the fixtures and its very possible they could as they are well matched!

Instead of the winners playing Greencastle in KC on sunday the replay will be played there with the quarter final being completed the following weekend (30th Sept) in a stand alone fixture alongside Junior league fixtures and potentially some playoff ties. Leaving the winners of quarter final with a week to prepare for the semi final.

driveherin

Championship Semi Finals are being played 29th Sept - 1st Oct, Finals the following weekend.

They are trying to get the championship wrapped up in time for the Ulster Club I'd say?

tinder5

Quote from: driveherin on September 18, 2017, 03:53:27 PM
Championship Semi Finals are being played 29th Sept - 1st Oct, Finals the following weekend.

They are trying to get the championship wrapped up in time for the Ulster Club I'd say?

Those dates don't seem to accommodate a replay. Could see it extended by an extra week if there are a few draws.

LeoMc

Ulster Club is 28th October, so to give clubs a minimum of 2 weeks and to allow for a final replay, the finals would be scheduled for weekend of 08th October which would put the semi-finals at the 29th / 30th / 01st. That only leaves next weekend for the QF's. Any draws would be scheduled in for mid-week.
I can see the rush for Intermediate and Junior to give our representatives time to prepare but with likely Kilcoo / Slaughtneil waiting on the senior winner.....

Club boi

Ulster Club - All levels is scheduled for Sunday 29th October

Fri 22nd Sept
Sat 23rd
Sun 24th Quarter Finals

Fri 29th
Sat 30th
Sun 1st Semi Finals - Confirmed

Sun 8th
Junior and Intermediate Finals (3 weeks to Ulster)
Plus 2 x rounds of Junior league still to play

Sun 15th
Senior Final (2 weeks to Ulster)

Sure hasnt there always been a massive outcry when county champs dont get time to prepare for Ulster

Tyrone95

When should we expect a decision on the 'fixture gate' scandal, co.board have made a big enough fool of themselves as to give teams preparing for their biggest game of the year only a few days notice...Surely the longer it goes on it is telling us that the fixture could be remaining at the original time?

Wee Roddy

It is Tuesday morning. If it was being changed it would have been by now would it not? The circumstances surrounding this one may leave a bad taste. If it is to be swapped with another fixture then other clubs will feel aggrieved as their preparations will be upset. As the fixture has been "fixed" a change will have to be agreeable by both clubs. Errigals proposed dates will leave Carrickmore short players and indeed a member of their management team. If it was fixed for one of those dates at the time you would just get on with it but this isn't the case.

longballin

Why was all the Tyrone flags taken down before the Ladies played their All Ireland semi-final? Equality for some...

Under Lights

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 19, 2017, 09:40:47 AM
It is Tuesday morning. If it was being changed it would have been by now would it not? The circumstances surrounding this one may leave a bad taste. If it is to be swapped with another fixture then other clubs will feel aggrieved as their preparations will be upset. As the fixture has been "fixed" a change will have to be agreeable by both clubs. Errigals proposed dates will leave Carrickmore short players and indeed a member of their management team. If it was fixed for one of those dates at the time you would just get on with it but this isn't the case.

Couldn't be changed at this stage. Life is full of tough choices for people, go watch the ladies if you chose or watch the club championship.

toby47

Heard today that Dom Corrigan will leave Killyclogher

Tyrone Gaa

Teamtalk reporting that there will be no fixture change for Sunday.  They mustn't think the Ladies have much of a following and it wont hurt them in the pocket.  Driver, Drive On!!!!
Living the dream!!!

Club boi

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 19, 2017, 04:25:56 PM
Teamtalk reporting that there will be no fixture change for Sunday.  They mustn't think the Ladies have much of a following and it wont hurt them in the pocket.  Driver, Drive On!!!!

Genuine question. How many folk will travel to Croker to support the ladies??

200??

300??

More?? Less??

I personally dont know anyone going to it

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Club boi on September 19, 2017, 05:14:15 PM

200??

300??

More?? Less??

I agree, plough on with it... However there seems to be a lot of uproar on social media following the confirmation that there will be no change.  A lot of them people outraged probably have no intention of attending either game.
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 19, 2017, 05:26:49 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 19, 2017, 05:14:15 PM

200??

300??

More?? Less??

I agree, plough on with it... However there seems to be a lot of uproar on social media following the confirmation that there will be no change.  A lot of them people outraged probably have no intention of attending either game.

That's the thing.
While I have a lot of sympathy for the small number of people this will directly affect, there are far more that just to be outraged and have a reason to give out.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either