Roscommon v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 02, 2018, 10:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

illdecide

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 11, 2018, 03:36:17 PM
To rebuild you need to start at the foundations and work your way up , then put a roof on ,make it weathertight and only then do you worry about the finishes , fixtures and fittings. Paramount to a successful build is using a competent contractor with a track record of delivering projects on time within budget and to the necessary quality. Your contractor should also be able to demonstrate his track record.
If you follow the analogy you would realise Armagh are failing on all fronts , strategic long term planning needed like Dublin,Tyrone , Kerry .
If we follow your thought process , let McGeeney gather up whoever he can at the start of the year and see how we get on , then make excuses for a couple of months and go again.
You might be happy with that but a lot of Armagh people disagree and would like change , not for change sake , but for the betterment of all things Armagh .

What if you have a great contractor but when he starts digging out the foundations he realises the ground conditions are worse than previously thought, after digging down deeper until he has good CBRs he then realises the concrete wasn't what he ordered. He wanted 35n concrete but all he got was a lean mix, this was discovered after the pour so Contractor said "f**k this... I'm gonna have to start over again as this will never do". Materials are not always the quality you'd like them to be 🤔
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tim’s Hero

Just to follow the analogy , you get a site investigation report done to identify ground conditions before you start and don't accept sub-standard materials through the gate, have someone check you are receiving what you are paying for, if they aren't capable of quality control replace them. So we have a situation where we have dug and poured the founds which all have to come out again because the contractor can't manage the job , who pays to put it all right ? The client or the contractor ?

illdecide

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 12, 2018, 07:57:49 AM
Just to follow the analogy , you get a site investigation report done to identify ground conditions before you start and don't accept sub-standard materials through the gate, have someone check you are receiving what you are paying for, if they aren't capable of quality control replace them. So we have a situation where we have dug and poured the founds which all have to come out again because the contractor can't manage the job , who pays to put it all right ? The client or the contractor ?

Well just to add to that a ground investigation will give you an indication of the ground conditions in that particular spot but does not gurantee you that 2m away that it could be completley different. Normally it's afairly accurate indication but still not 100%...Anyway enough of this shite.

Just come clean with KmcG and call it what you really want to say, you believe him to be rank and would like Armagh to replace him...is that too hard to say?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tim’s Hero

I would think that sums up what a lot of Armagh people think , CB probably think differently though, but one can only live in hope !!!

JP

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 12, 2018, 04:38:11 PM
I would think that sums up what a lot of Armagh people think , CB probably think differently though, but one can only live in hope !!!

I would definitely say it a minority thankfully, especially among the Armagh core support who go to the McKenna cup and National League matches.

Geezer won't be going anywhere this year, or less he decides he had enough.

Tim’s Hero

Well spoken , self elected president and spokesman for Armagh core support , if you don't go to a McKenna cup match you have no opinion !
What about the thousands who won't go because they vote with their feet !

tonto1888

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 12, 2018, 06:26:53 PM
Well spoken , self elected president and spokesman for Armagh core support , if you don't go to a McKenna cup match you have no opinion !
What about the thousands who won't go because they vote with their feet !

That's not what he/she said. And you've a cheek calling someone else self elected spokesman for Armagh support

Tim’s Hero

As I have already pointed out I'm only expressing my own opinion

tonto1888

Tim’s Hero

After the abuse I have taken on here since expressing an opinion contrary to the KKMcG club I feel entitled to be a little sarcastic.

tonto1888

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 12, 2018, 07:59:03 PM
After the abuse I have taken on here since expressing an opinion contrary to the KKMcG club I feel entitled to be a little sarcastic.

What abuse have you got?

redzone

Go to bed you halfwit Tonya

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

smelmoth

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 10, 2018, 08:18:10 AM
Mothy

To be quite honest I think the 2 points you make are linked and McGeeney is putting up a smokescreen to deflect from anybody looking in his direction.
Tactically McGeeney has wasted 3 years trying to introduce a system which didn't suit or wasn't understood by the players , system was based on a defensive set up with runners coming from deep a la Jimmy Donegal. A lot of players were not happy or comfortable with system and several requested change of tactics which was met with usual McGeeney diplomacy , this ended up with friction in the camp and withdrawal of a number of players , the players who stayed on have a devotion to McGeeney and would eat grass for him but some don't really have the ability for county football at a higher level.
McGeeney seemed to soften his approach last year and gathered up the best of the rest and let the players express themselves a bit more , progress was made through league and things were on the up , however a complete tactical melt down in Newry coincided with a return to the system which again didn't suit /wasn't understood by the players and I feel they thought they were thrown under the bus for performance. The players after a shaky start through the qualifiers threw off the shackles and played expressive football that they are capable of and received all the plaudits.
However when the Tyrone match came round the management reverted back to the system and the rest is history, the lads devoted to McGeeney stayed ,but a lot thought what's the point !!management don't trust us to play and they will revert back to their default position at all times , hence withdrawals from squad en masse . Then McGeeney has a go at everyone else for withdrawals , start with man in the mirror.
Can McGeeney be trusted with another crop of players ?? I wouldn't think so, the cycle will just keep repeating for another 4 /5 years . Strictly my own opinion based on what I see and read.

There is a lot there I can't comment on. I'm not privy to conversations within the camp.

I do agree that there have been tactical meltdowns under McGeeney and therefore tactically management should be questioned. I do agree that there has been a tendency to revert to negative tactics when playing bigger sides and that this has yet to yield any dividend. But I'm intrigued that you're insight from within the camp suggests that it was the players that threw off the shackles rather than the management who removed the shackles. Any detail to back your view up?

It would be blind stupidity to deny the mistakes of the McGeeney era but it would be equally stupid to not pause and check if he had in fact learned from the mistakes before tossing him overboard. Hence a review